Bayliss off? (1 Viewer)

cooperskyblue

Bright scored 6 last season. So Allen would be his replacement - again we are looking at relying on a couple of overseas players who traditionally at this level fail more than succeed

The squad is clearly much weaker. If hiwula has an injury on day 1 and is gone for the season what then? We would be totally fucked

That is why I agree with you and I think everyone agrees an extra striker would.definitely be needed, but I suppose I'm being hopeful and positive that Jobello and Kastaneer will score more than Chaplin and Thomas. The one advantage they have is they have been in since day one of pre-season, Jobello looks like he has a great cross in him and they are both tall so hopefully will provide more of an aerial threat than Chaplin and Thomas.

But do I think we need a main striker, yes I do, someone to get 15/20 a season.

cooperskyblue

Thomas was better than people think. He gained yards with the ball at feet. Occupied 2 defenders and created space on the pitch for other players to waste.

I thought Thomas was great, really good a real threat. But I'm hopeful Jobello can fill that void.

SBAndy

Thomas was better than people think. He gained yards with the ball at feet. Occupied 2 defenders and created space on the pitch for other players to waste.

Couldn’t shoot. Couldn’t cross. Just because he ran around a lot it doesn’t make him a good player. Barnsley are absolute mugs for paying any fee for him, let alone £1.2m....

/grendelmode

theferret

Whatever anyone says it’s a weaker squad than last year

It's fair to say that it's weaker than it was at the the end of last season, but no way is it weaker than the team that started last season.

The opening day last season, we had Doyle, Ogogo and Andreu in the middle and Max playing lone striker. Sterling was very raw at that point and Hiwula took a while to settle. We even had Bayliss playing wide left iirc.

Just got to hope we can get off to a decent start. Southend at home and Bolton away are very winnable. We need bodies in quickly, but too soon to panic.

Tommo1993

Why do I get this weird feeling Jobello and/or Kasteneer is the next Anton Robinson/Sanmi Odelusi forgettable type players?

Hobo

The problem is the losses are not sustainable - the gap is going to be massive - £2 - £3 million
Have you just woken up to that.

The club is in serious trouble of collapsing

Evo1883

A shit Jacob Murphy really, although still a decent player hes hardly irreplaceable, watching jobello in pre season I don't see how fans are not more excited by him, has a good delivery, takes players on, is also fast as fook and should chip in with more goals than Thomas... Time will tell

The squad is definitely not Alot weaker than last seasons, I'm not sure where this nonsense is coming from.

The only actual difference between this squad and last year's is bright... Why people keep harping on about Chaplin I don't know, I watched him miss sitter after sitter so it's not a miss and we are pretty much in the same place because we are only using 1 striker

We haven't had JCH for 8 months now, do we still say the squads much weaker because we sold dion Dublin 20 odd years ago

I would like to see more faces, but to suggest the team is much weaker than the one that finished last season is absolute nonsense, it's a couple players short of being much better imo

Put the squads side by side and tell me you aren't just lying to yourself

Its a like for like squad missing a couple of players to take us to where we all want to be...

Last edited:

Evo1883

• 1Burge
  • 17SterlingBooked at 42mins
  • 5Davies
  • 15Hyam
  • 3Mason
  • 6Kelly
  • 26Shipley
  • 23Thomas(Wakefield)
  • 24Enobakhare. (Chaplin)
  • 11Hiwula-Mayifuila(Westbrooke)
  • 21Bakayoko
Team that beat Sunderland

The side is definitely not weaker

Evo1883

Marosi
Dabo
McFadzean
Hyam
Mason
Kelly
Shipley
Allen
Jobello
Bakayoko
Hiwula

Kastaneer
Rose
Biamou
Bayliss
Westbrooke
Pask
Wilson
Mcallum

Our current squad is probably better on paper

Negativity is infectious, maybe that's why Alot of you can't see the light through the bollocks

fernandopartridge

Marosi
Dabo
McFadzean
Hyam
Mason
Kelly
Shipley
Allen
Jobello
Bakayoko
Hiwula

Kastaneer
Rose
Biamou
Bayliss
Westbrooke
Pask
Wilson
Mcallum

Negativity is infectious, maybe that's why Alot of you can't see the light through the bollocks
On paper, i.e. not in reality

Perryccfc

Marosi
Dabo
McFadzean
Hyam
Mason
Kelly
Shipley
Allen
Jobello
Bakayoko
Hiwula

Kastaneer
Rose
Biamou
Bayliss
Westbrooke
Pask
Wilson
Mcallum

Absolutely spot on. Negativity is rife amongst our fans. The team for me is stronger, 1 good signing away from being realistic play off chasers in my opinion.

Evo1883

Absolutely spot on. Negativity is rife amongst our fans. The team for me is stronger, 1 good signing away from being realistic play off chasers in my opinion.

Get a couple of loans in like last year, I can't see how we are not a much stronger outfit.

Started feeling down about it all, took the time just now to look at the squads and genuinely can't see where we are weaker..
Bright is a big player, but allen offers an awful lot

I can understand pessimism, but some of the things I'm reading on here are absolute tripe

Last edited:

usskyblue

Goalkeeper: Unknown
Defence: Unknown
Midfield: The same with Bayliss, weaker without
Attack: Weaker

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

mr_monkey

Goalkeeper was number one for a team that finished above us

Two new defenders have played at higher level than league one within the last few seasons

By default Allen makes the midfield stronger as he is easily championship class

Attack is unknown but on paper and by pre season viewing I would say it's at least as strong as last year

Cheer up mate, it might never happen

Evo1883

That's dribble "unknown"

Going off your logic, no club in the country knows if their squad is better, because "unknown" until they play a match for them.

Attack

Bakayoko
Hiwula
Jobello
Kastaneer
Biamou

Chaplin
Hiwula
Bakayoko
Thomas
Wakefield

Weaker where?

Bayliss? The player who doesn't score, can't pass forward but can take a man on
Replaced with a man who scores, can pass and is all over the pitch tracking back etc etc

Defence
Replaced Davis and Willis with a championship experienced defender and what's clearly a talented Lad in rose and josh pask from west ham

Sterling was good for the middle part of the season, but tailed off really badly towards the end /last 10 games

Keepers

Marosi and Wilson

Burge and addai (end of season)

Please again where are we much weaker I'm not seeing this

Last edited:

Evo1883

I am having a bit of a glen moment today

Let it out, but you still need to show me where we are much weaker, as does Grendel really.. Because looking at the squads we are only going to miss one player from last year... Bright

But we've added natural wide men, a talented midfielder, added depth to the back and in goal.... I'm not going mad here it's genuinely nonsense to suggest we are "much weaker" when we clearly are not

stupot07

That's dribble "unknown"

Going off your logic, no club in the country knows if their squad is better, because "unknown" until they play a match for them.

Attack

Bakayoko
Hiwula
Jobello
Kastaneer
Biamou

Chaplin
Hiwula
Bakayoko
Thomas
Wakefield

Weaker where?

Bayliss? The player who doesn't score, can't pass forward but can take a man on
Replaced with a man who scores, can pass and is all over the pitch tracking back etc etc

Defence
Replaced Davis and Willis with a championship experienced defender and what's clearly a talented Lad in rose and josh pask from west ham

Keepers

Marosi and Wilson

Burge and addai (end of season)

Please again where are we much weaker I'm not seeing this

You're forgetting Bright and Sterling swap

Swap Bright with Wakefield on your attack list then which is stronger?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

You're forgetting Bright and Sterling swap

Swap Bright with Wakefield on your attack list then which is stronger?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sterling was good for a portion of the season, tailed off badly towards the end and looked like the player that first arrived.
Bright like I've said is a miss, but if you are adding bright then you can add allen, it's not a "much" weaker squad at all, I'm not seeing it

better days

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Bayliss started any of the pre season games
So possibly this is part of the MR overall plan

Evo1883

We get a couple of loans in of a high standard, we are a much stronger outfit than last year, I'm not sure that's even debatable tbh.

Evo1883

There’s only 8 to replace. Just because they didn’t score loads last season it doesn’t mean they can’t improve this season.

Chaplin got everybody's back up last season with some ludicrous misses and all of a sudden we are going to miss him, its absolute nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread