Bayliss off? (1 Viewer)

RegiswasGod

I find your analysis and assertions wanting on a few levels.
1. No credible source sighted, pure hearsay
2. Your not known here and that leads me to think you could be an imposter
3. The way you type has a whiff of WUM about it.

IF you are as I suspect a lad on the wind up I recommend you look up narssasisric disorder as WUMs are disproportionately affected by this type of personality defect.
An imposter?? That would suggest I care enough about people's opinion. I'm only saying what I was told a few weeks ago. It could have been a lucky guess. We'll never know and I don't give enough of a shit to question him more.

Apologies my typing style doesn't come across as genuine

letsallsingtogether

I'm being cynical here, but do you think there was any possibility that this deal was lined up weeks ago, but City asked Preston to delay it until last minute?, or do you think Preston generally made a bid yesterday?
Well when money is Involved rarely is it done in a day they've been talking for weeks.

Mucca Mad Boys

You’d have to assume we’ve got a nice sell-on fee to have sold for 1.9 or 2m.

Down the line, this deal may work out to be better than had we let him go for his rumoured release clause of £3m.

Hoping Bayliss smashes it for PNE, as we’ll see the benefits down the line.

Still bitterly disappointed we sold when we did.

We need to find a way to come back to the Ricoh!

Nonleagueherewecome

letsallsingtogether

We've sold two players who probably wouldn't have started tomorrow. I rate both highly, so it is disappointing.

But, what do people expect? Revenues will be down by around £3 million this season.
Not according to Boddy.

letsallsingtogether

tell us more LAST.
Was told by one of the main men at the meeting yesterday that he is in daily contact with Boddy.
Apparently he has been told that the deal for Brum is 3 times more then the Ricoh but the 70% revenue stream means they only needed to sell 2500 st.
Find this hard to believe as everyone needs to spend quiet a few quid for this to be possible.
I'm sure someone better then me could work it out.

fernandopartridge

Was told by one of the main men at the meeting yesterday that he is in daily contact with Boddy.
Apparently he has been told that the deal for Brum is 3 times more then the Ricoh but the 70% revenue stream means they only needed to sell 2500 st.
Find this hard to believe as everyone needs to spend quiet a few quid for this to be possible.

Doesn't sound right to me. 3500 season tickets @ say £250 is £875k. Can't see the revenue stream being worth anything like £500k especially on reduced gates. We'll see though

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Yeah, one for OSB58 to pick through.

CCFCSteve

Let’s hope the great sisu deliver something over the coming days otherwise it looks like they’ve fucked over the fans (get cheap players in and then sell chaplin and bayliss just before the season starts)

I’m not sure what we’ve got for bayliss but it isn’t enough (I honestly believe after a typical young player second season syndrome he would’ve been quality this season)

Oh well at least the moaners who slagged him and chaplin off for most of last season will be happy....surprising that they’re the two that higher league clubs wanted to buy ?!

Good luck Tom

Covkid1968#

We’ve sold Bayliss!!!! Ffs.... only just seen this. We’re all doooooooomed

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Doesn't make much sense to me. I suspect the comments are only half of the truth.

It is all very well having 70% of other revenue but what about the other associated costs. With crowds of 5000 the figures are not going to be large. If the average spend per head was £5 by the time you take out supply costs, Birmingham share, VAT etc it is going to leave 200k at best I would think. That covers the new rent I suppose

Over the years match day income has worked out at between £9 to £11 per head. Given the discount prices then income per head is not going at the high end of that range. Say it is £10 (which I think is probably still high) then we are looking at total matchday income for the season below 1.5m. That's probably less than half of last season

Commercial and other income will be hit by the lower numbers but things like efl distributions wont be.

The only way Boddy's comment makes sense is if the wage bill has been reduced by 40% or so, or that the sales of Chaplin and Bayliss were planned months ago. I am not sure I see such cuts in wages but I do think they have made some savings. That leaves the player sales. Yes we are a selling club we have to survive but if planned months ago then it could be said it doesn't sit well with comments about squad building and going for it

The sales allow us to have a player budget that matches the scmp rules. Without them we were in trouble. We would have needed a player budget similar to accrington

Couple of other thoughts. The sale of Chaplin and Bayliss could mean the club will show a near 3m player profit in the accounts to offset the football operational losses. The club could be somewhere between 1m loss to break even because of those two sales. But what happens next season, we wont make 3m profits on players every year.

Of course it will allow seppala boddy and fisher to say the club is doing fine without the ricoh. Hence the spin about 70% of revenue I suspect. Which if you think about it with no real hint of any movement on a new stadium could be worrying for the coming seasons regarding a return to Coventry..........

Please dont say the efl say we have to..... what are they going to do against their member club if nothing suitable to return to....... doubt the EC complaint will be settled one way or another by this time next year. Why would any of the parties change their stance.

Anyway that's my take on what boddy is supposed to have said

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread