Baka departs (1 Viewer)

edgy

Was it you who suggested building it into a pre-season friendly? Think that would be good.

No not me, but I like the idea. Logistics of the players who have left maybe the sticking point but with a bit of will it could easily happen.

SBAndy

No not me, but I like the idea. Logistics of the players who have left maybe the sticking point but with a bit of will it could easily happen.

I would think it’s the type of pre-season friendly you could get a decent crowd to as well, which would help the coffers.

Frostie

Yeah, that would be problematic for sure. Departed players that have found new clubs certainly wouldn't be allowed to participate.

SBAndy

Yeah, that would be problematic for sure. Departed players that have found new clubs certainly wouldn't be allowed to participate.

Wasn’t thinking they’d play, but surely they could be invited along, parade the trophy at HT, something like that?

Edit: could be against Shrewsbury as well, the game that was meant to be played the day the season was suspended.

Langers70

Good luck Baka thanks for being a part of our recent success.Now go and get those 20 goals wherever that may be!

mrtrench

Here's hoping he doesn't end up at the Baka Beyond. Was really hoping he'd step up and realise the potential... but still not too late to do that. Maybe Posh can turn him into a 20-goal striker.

CDK

After Cov donkey kick got locked out and had to reregister as CDK
So wether the mods were trying to tell me something they will have to try again.
Baka wish the boy all the best for the future as he had a lot of good moments in the sky blue shirt.
See ya 20 goals.

rob9872

Donkey making a bit of an ass of himself.

SBbucks

Spot on. All the physical attributes & decent enough technique just unable to consistently put it all together. Can certainly see why we took him & he won't be short of options. Not sure he'll ever be prolific but could still be a real asset to someone.

Gave us some great memories & by all accounts a top fella, wish him all the best .
Totally agree. From personal experience he seems a really nice guy; he took the trouble to come over and chat with us at an U23 game v QPR somewhere near Heathrow a couple of years ago. He was surprised to see any City supporters there and wanted to know why we were there (I was struggling for a rational explanation for that myself!). He didn't need to, he just seemed genuinely interested. My main memory of that game was Jodi screaming "for fucks sake Baka!" at him when a pass went astray. Jodi himself was not exactly setting the world alight that day so not really in a position to complain.

Ultimately, Baka contributed to getting us where we are now, and should be thanked for that. He's still relatively young, and now with more experience under his belt he could do some serious damage in a decent league 1 team; I don't think there will be a shortage of takers.
Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Brighton Sky Blue

After Cov donkey kick got locked out and had to reregister as CDK
So wether the mods were trying to tell me something they will have to try again.
Baka wish the boy all the best for the future as he had a lot of good moments in the sky blue shirt.
See ya 20 goals.

giphy.gif

Adge

I assume that's aimed at me, you really should learn to read. I did say applaud and thank and have consistently said on here Dion is the best player in my time to wear the shirt, so aim your pointless bile elsewhere.
No it wasn’t.

rob9872

No it wasn’t.
In that case I apologise, although i was the only one who had mentioned Dion upto that point and the comment 'laud over dross' after our recent exchanges, you can probably see why I added 2+2=5

PVA

I thought he was going to have a decent impact this season (and no, I don't mean 20 goals, but maybe 5 or so goals off the bench) as he looked really good in pre season, looked fitter and stronger than last year and was clearly ahead of Biamou in the pecking order.

Shame, I think there's a decent player in there somewhere. Seems like a nice bloke too. Good luck to him.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bakayoko will do fine at a L1 or top L2 team. He probably needs a team where he’ll get plenty of game time to build his confidence. Unfortunately, despite a promising preseason, he hasn’t shown any evidence he can have a meaningful impact in the Championship.

Highly likeable figure and hopefully a fresh start will do him good! Good luck to Baka!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Bakayoko will do fine at a L1 or top L2 team. He probably needs a team where he’ll get plenty of game time to build his confidence. Unfortunately, despite a promising preseason, he hasn’t shown any evidence he can have a meaningful impact in the Championship.

Highly likeable figure and hopefully a fresh start will do him good! Good luck to Baka!

Bristol Rovers and then sell for a Million.

Grendel

Based on what? Hiwula is a far more talented player and struggled to get a contract.

skybluesam66

Based on what? Hiwula is a far more talented player and struggled to get a contract.
Based on the facts that Baka clearly has the attributes if applied properly - which is why he was persisted with for so long
Hiwula had talent, but he was often beaten by his own mind

Grendel

Based on the facts that Baka clearly has the attributes if applied properly - which is why he was persisted with for so long
Hiwula had talent, but he was often beaten by his own mind

What facts?

PVA

Hiwula is shit. Baka is better.

The fact Hiwula could barely get a kick in League One tells you that.

Plus Baka had a better goals per minute ratio than Hiwula in the same team in League One.

Users who are viewing this thread