Baka departs (1 Viewer)

Frostie

There's no lack of effort from him. What he lacks is ruthlessness and a striker's killer instinct, the selfishness that makes good strikers what they are. He was all over the place when he joined us and we have moulded him into an actual footballer during that time, but you can't really teach what he misses and he'll drop down a division or two because of it - a willingness to chase back and sprint after lost causes is one thing but at some point you've got to get in the box and in front of that defender.

Spot on. All the physical attributes & decent enough technique just unable to consistently put it all together. Can certainly see why we took him & he won't be short of options. Not sure he'll ever be prolific but could still be a real asset to someone.

Gave us some great memories & by all accounts a top fella, wish him all the best .

Grendel

There are only 3 players imo who deserved stick when they left, Hughes, Bellamy and Kyle. Some weren't good enough, some left under a cloud like Sealey or Dion, but even those I applaud and say thanks for your service.

Hughes?! Stephen was alright

LilleSkyBlue

I've come over all emotional reading Baka's message.

I would have loved him to get more goals though 20 always seemed a tall order.

I'll never forget the end to that Charlton match (on ifollow for me) and the crowd scenes - me sliding around our tiled floor screaming at my wife how brilliant Baka and Coventry were. The goal against Fleetwood too - I wanted more of those!

Cheers Baka and I'll keep an eye out for your career.

Grendel

There are only 3 players imo who deserved stick when they left, Hughes, Bellamy and Kyle. Some weren't good enough, some left under a cloud like Sealey or Dion, but even those I applaud and say thanks for your service.

To even suggest Dublin deserved any criticism compared to bakayoko is genuinely mind boggling

rob9872

Yep-some laud dross while calling Dublin a judus. You couldn’t make it up.
I assume that's aimed at me, you really should learn to read. I did say applaud and thank and have consistently said on here Dion is the best player in my time to wear the shirt, so aim your pointless bile elsewhere.

johnwillomagic

I still think he is best finisher at the club and has a lot of good attributes but agree with Grendel he never used them!!!
Very frustrating player can see him moving somewhere and catching fire like JCH!

lordy_87

No doubt if Bakayoko goes on to have a 25 goals season Grendel will be the first the claim he foresaw it coming.

Irish Sky Blue

I thought Stephen Hughes always gave his best and even Kyle I think cared but just wasn't very good (for us at least). Bellamy I think had a terrible attitude to our club and the players at the time.He deserved the stick he got.

higgs

Baka definitely isn't championship standard hope he gets a league 1 club and scores regularly there but I wouldn't bet on it happening I think league 2 is his level

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBT

Did Lee Hughes even leave under a cloud? We only sold him because we were skint, the court stuff wasn’t until afterwards.

rob9872

Did Lee Hughes even leave under a cloud? We only sold him because we were skint, the court stuff wasn’t until afterwards.
Record signing scored 15 including 6 pens and a hattrick against relegated Crewe in a 6nil. 6 apart from that, was genuinely crap following the prem years and Hartsons boots he was trying to fill then returned to WBA for a 3m loss. Never got the chance to boo him but with what happened afterwards he's definitely a c**t and would have been justified.

edgy

It’s still a massive shame that, no matter how small or large their part was, we didn’t get to properly thank the players for winning us the league. They were robbed of that as much as we were.

It wouldnt be that hard to arrange a deffered celebration day at the CBSS, surely?

Maybe something to put to the club in the next SCG meeting?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It’s still a massive shame that, no matter how small or large their part was, we didn’t get to properly thank the players for winning us the league. They were robbed of that as much as we were.

Scored some important goals for us in L1 and I will always remember him for the goals at two of the best days out in recent times in Sunderland & Charlton Away!

I’m sure he will have no problem getting a starting role at a L1 club, I’m sure he’s learnt a lot this season about what it takes to be a good striker in a tough league. Time for Baka to kick on and good luck to him!

SBT

Last Dance hashtag, huh?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread