Atmosphere (2 Viewers)

mmttww

never seen such a collection of pricks behind a goal before. Sat down in silence. Can’t the away fans be put in those blocks and home fans be put into blocks 6-9?

Me and my kids are pricks, then and no, the stadium was built as it's being used so everyone needs to suck it up. Until they scored, the atmosphere was decent. Cardiff were quiet all game till they took the lead. Blaming new fans for a drop in atmosphere is pathetic from anyone posting it.

CovInEssex

Don't even know that drummer but disliked him when he cancelled March to the Arch because he can't go. Daft c**t

bigfatronssba

Me and my kids are pricks, then and no, the stadium was built as it's being used so everyone needs to suck it up. Until they scored, the atmosphere was decent. Cardiff were quiet all game till they took the lead. Blaming new fans for a drop in atmosphere is pathetic from anyone posting it.

They aren’t even new fans anyway.

Saddlebrains

Same melt that cried off until someone paid to move his holiday? Set up a GoFundMe? Couldn’t care less what that drip has to say.

Having 2 blocks of prawn sandwich eaters between the corner and the away fans has a detrimental impact on the atmosphere and anyone who disagrees hasn’t got a clue. Cardiff probably sang more about us and the atmosphere more than they did their own team today. They were baiting us with songs about Wales/England and being sheep shaggers all game, and yet we didn’t respond once. Usually we can’t stop singing about the away fans.

Hahahahahahaahahahaha

Hiraeth

Second paragraph is right but the drum definitely helps the atmosphere.

There's plenty of games away from home where we've missed the drum. I thought the atmosphere at Huddersfield was pretty poor. Lacked the consistency you get from having the drum.
I agree with you that in general the atmosphere overall is better for the drum being there.

Having said that though, I don't think it's a bad thing if at times he does take a break. It has the potential to get a bit like Middlesbrough's Old Crone with the Megaphone imploring people to chant and sing when folks aren't up for it and that can get a bit counterproductive.

Today's atmosphere was flatter than usual but so was the performance and things didn't fall for us today either. Let's do better on Saturday for a massive game.

pusbccfc

Same melt that cried off until someone paid to move his holiday? Set up a GoFundMe? Couldn’t care less what that drip has to say.

Having 2 blocks of prawn sandwich eaters between the corner and the away fans has a detrimental impact on the atmosphere and anyone who disagrees hasn’t got a clue. Cardiff probably sang about us and the lack of atmosphere more than they did their own team today. They were also baiting us with songs about Wales/England and being sheep shaggers all game, and yet we didn’t respond once. Usually we can’t stop singing about the away fans.

Couldn't respond because we couldn't hear them. You couldn't make out a word of what they were singing

pusbccfc

The families and tourists in the South Stand are in for a treat when the nasty Leeds turn up Saturday

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Having 2 blocks of prawn sandwich eaters between the corner and the away fans has a detrimental impact on the atmosphere and anyone who disagrees hasn’t got a clue. Cardiff probably sang about us and the lack of atmosphere more than they did their own team today. They were also baiting us with songs about Wales/England and being sheep shaggers all game, and yet we didn’t respond once. Usually we can’t stop singing about the away fans.

He’s a proper c**t him. Someone found an alternative flight he could get a day later for £100 and he dismissed it saying he couldn’t fly without his wife to hold his hand.
The sad thing is Richard Overson paid the £1200 for the attention seeking to stop.

Saddlebrains

He’s a proper c**t him. Someone found an alternative flight he could get a day later for £100 and he dismissed it saying he couldn’t fly without his wife to hold his hand.
The sad thing is Richard Overson paid the £1200 for the attention seeking to stop.

Yea proper little c**t aint he, you should knock him out

mmttww

Is this another Boosh reboot or just a Tw*t?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Got to say, this guy does some great stuff for the atmosphere at times but comes across as a right whiny bitch on Twitter.

We need to get rid of the drum. Used to quite like it in 21/22 but we are now overly reliant and I’d be willing to bet a lot more chants would be started naturally without it

Saddlebrains

Is this another Boosh reboot or just a Tw*t?

Difficult to say. Its amazing how they seem to view it. Not that i give a toss tbf, faceless internet men calling me names over something someone I've known for years did for us isnt going to get me 🤷

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

never seen such a collection of pricks behind a goal before. Sat down in silence. Can’t the away fans be put in those blocks and home fans be put into blocks 6-9?

Not sure what was the worst thing today:

-Block 11 feeling like an audience with Antiques Roadshow
-Losing
-1.5 hours to get out of Tesco car park
-Having thousands of people standing around sheltering from the rain by Tesco, causing zero network so you can't join an important work call
-A row on SBT about whether it's acceptable to deliberately stop sniffing cocaine for 5 minutes in protest because no one is starting songs

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Not sure what was the worst thing today:

-Block 11 feeling like an audience with Antiques Roadshow
-Losing
-1.5 hours to get out of Tesco car park
-Having thousands of people standing around sheltering from the rain by Tesco, causing zero network so you can't join an important work call
-A row on SBT about whether it's acceptable to deliberately stop sniffing cocaine for 5 minutes in protest because no one is starting songs

Even if you shared your eighth of beak out with the South Stand it wouldn’t have got the atmosphere going. Families and pensioners should be shoved in the north stand. Lads on the beer generate noise - which is a reality.

The atmosphere has felt weaker this season, probably as expectations have shot up. We’ve also began the horrible trait of going silent when we’re not winning. Last season we were singing even when losing. If our fan base wants its atmosphere to be compared to the likes of Leeds etc they need to want to sing when losing. If we go 1-0 down early doors against Leeds, Ipswich and of course Man Utd, I fear the worst.

pusbccfc

Even if you shared your eighth of beak out with the South Stand it wouldn’t have got the atmosphere going. Families and pensioners should be shoved in the north stand. Lads on the beer generate noise - which is a reality.

The atmosphere has felt weaker this season, probably as expectations have shot up. We’ve also began the horrible trait of going silent when we’re not winning. Last season we were singing even when losing. If our fan base wants its atmosphere to be compared to the likes of Leeds etc they need to want to sing when losing. If we go 1-0 down early doors against Leeds, Ipswich and of course Man Utd, I fear the worst.

Second paragraph is absolutely spot on.

The thing that set us apart before was how we got behind the players when losing or drawing. It helped so much with the late goals.

Milne Out

I was in the south stand today as I’m only back from abroad for these 2 games
I get the sitting down thing, sort of, if there’s elderly or very young kids behind you
Heard murmurs behind me before the game started , as they had young kids, as I was standing for most of the 10 mins before kick off, but I turned a deaf ear to it
I had 2 of my grandsons with me so I sort of got their point of view , but I’d rather lift my grandsons up onto the seat than sit like a lemon when we’re coming forward
I saw plenty of old heads in the south stand, as well , who I wouldn’t exactly label as prawn sandwich types
Just because we don’t sit in 15 and 16 doesn’t mean we haven’t earned our stripes over the years
Main reason for the lack of atmosphere can’t be blamed on anything more than constantly giving the ball away, lack of awareness, poor movement off the ball, and a lot of sideways and backwards play. We were poor. Cardiff were poor. Frustration doesn’t breed a good atmosphere. Nothing to do with who was sat where

As poor as it was , it was still better than the Man City b Arsenal game yesterday. The Etihad , a proper library even when they’re winning

different performance today and I reckon the ground would have been rocking

Viktor17

I was in the south stand today as I’m only back from abroad for these 2 games
I get the sitting down thing, sort of, if there’s elderly or very young kids behind you
Heard murmurs behind me before the game started , as they had young kids, as I was standing for most of the 10 mins before kick off, but I turned a deaf ear to it
I had 2 of my grandsons with me so I sort of got their point of view , but I’d rather lift my grandsons up onto the seat than sit like a lemon when we’re coming forward
I saw plenty of old heads in the south stand, as well , who I wouldn’t exactly label as prawn sandwich types
Just because we don’t sit in 15 and 16 doesn’t mean we haven’t earned our stripes over the years
Main reason for the lack of atmosphere can’t be blamed on anything more than constantly giving the ball away, lack of awareness, poor movement off the ball, and a lot of sideways and backwards play. We were poor. Cardiff were poor. Frustration doesn’t breed a good atmosphere. Nothing to do with who was sat where

As poor as it was , it was still better than the Man City b Arsenal game yesterday. The Etihad , a proper library even when they’re winning

different performance today and I reckon the ground would have been rocking
Totally agree. People obsessed with some sort of non stop singing atmosphere - it doesn’t happen.

Preston and Cardiff have been poor because they were rank games, especially Preston.

credit to club for trying to do the right thing.

Deity

Totally agree. People obsessed with some sort of non stop singing atmosphere - it doesn’t happen.

Preston and Cardiff have been poor because they were rank games, especially Preston.

This.

nothing to do with the seating configuration and everything to do with our performance ….

pusbccfc

It was pretty much silent for the entire second half.

Milne Out

You don’t have to be sniffed up on the marching powder or topping up from 3 days on the bank holiday sesh to have a good time at the game and make some noise
I’ve sat next to and around plenty of quiet square looking types and elderly folk over the years who are surprisingly vocal. None of them powdering their nose or lining up 4 pints for half time.
If you’ve served your time following City, you know that some games the atmosphere just doesn’t happen
Clearly there’s a few prefer all this fake “limbs” celebration after an average goal, and expecting it to be wild every game

I have fond memories of quiet looking elderly folk and weekday librarian types proudly belting out the chants, regardless of where they are sat

btw
I had no idea it was called the south stand till yesterday !
Since the QPR game back in 2005 I’ve always referred to my seat at the Ricoh/CBS by its block . Anyone else ?
That qpr game was more feisty outside the ground than inside . Remember that being a disappointing noise that day

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You don’t have to be sniffed up on the marching powder or topping up from 3 days on the bank holiday sesh to have a good time at the game and make some noise
I’ve sat next to and around plenty of quiet square looking types and elderly folk over the years who are surprisingly vocal. None of them powdering their nose or lining up 4 pints for half time.
If you’ve served your time following City, you know that some games the atmosphere just doesn’t happen
Clearly there’s a few prefer all this fake “limbs” celebration after an average goal, and expecting it to be wild every game

I have fond memories of quiet looking elderly folk and weekday librarian types proudly belting out the chants, regardless of where they are sat

btw
I had no idea it was called the south stand till yesterday !
Since the QPR game back in 2005 I’ve always referred to my seat at the Ricoh/CBS by its block . Anyone else ?
That qpr game was more feisty outside the ground than inside . Remember that being a disappointing noise that day

You do if you’re @Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We should bring Kick it for a Ticket back but re-brand it Whack it for a Packet.

I think the only way to retain atmosphere but grow home capacity is by keeping things as it is but sell block 1-9 to home fans or move away fans into the corner and singers corner moves to block 10-12. Clearly our corner needs to be close to/in the eye line of away fans to have any impact.

skybluecam

Assuming there's no issues the club will be selling STs in the south stand next season won't they? Surely the answer is obvious then, the singers corner lot move there.

Complaints about it are short sighted imo. It's potentially worth what, £60k+ per game to the club?

David O'Day

Assuming there's no issues the club will be selling STs in the south stand next season won't they? Surely the answer is obvious then, the singers corner lot move there.

Complaints about it are short sighted imo. It's potentially worth what, £60k+ per game to the club?
No, they are unlikely to as they will want to retain the ability to give away fans bigger allocations if needed and if we for some reason sell less tickets net year.

skybluecam

No, they are unlikely to as they will want to retain the ability to give away fans bigger allocations if needed and if we for some reason sell less tickets net year.
"We will continue to evaluate the success of the trial for the South Stand over the coming weeks. If this proves to be successful, we anticipate being able to open the area for Season Tickets for the 2024/25 campaign."

They are aiming to. So it should only be a short term issue.

Time for the wannabe ultras to get themselves organised and into that area and everything should be sorted.

Evo1883

I agree with this , our very own corner were very quiet like they have been all season Irrespective of where away fans are located .

skybluecam

The majority of it is just expectations vs results. This looks likely to be the first full season under Robins in which we don't finish in a higher league position than the previous.

The way our games are going doesn't help either, there have been very few times we've taken comfortable leads and been able to enjoy the matches, it's felt like constant tension recently.

SBbucks

Simple, just coordinate 3000 corner season ticket holders to move behind the goal. Ain’t going to happen.

skybluecam

Simple, just coordinate 3000 corner season ticket holders to move behind the goal. Ain’t going to happen.
They're the melts that love to complain about the atmosphere though. So they'll only have themselves to blame.

It's bordering on tinpot but the club should designate it as the singing section or something to get the message across.

pusbccfc

I agree with this , our very own corner were very quiet like they have been all season Irrespective of where away fans are located .

Despite my moans about the South Stand, the biggest issue by a long way is the corner this season. Birmingham for me is probably the only game where the atmosphere was on par with the previous two seasons. Leicester was loud but only after the goal.

The fact they closed off the end seat on each row is not really an excuse either as they have been on sale again recently. Too many in there for show unfortunately. Lots of older, vocal fans moved to the posh seats or to cheaper areas of the ground with their kids.

Users who are viewing this thread