Atmosphere (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

bigfatronssba

Opening it up to season ticket holders would be throwing money away.

We can't find the 25,000 seats in the rest of the ground. Even today, there were 5000 empty seats.

There was 3.7k empty seats. 1k of which was segregation, another 900 was empty seats in the away end, the remaining 1.8k were corporate and boxes that cost £25k

pusbccfc

Championship average away following is about 1800. We’re averaging overall 25k.

Demand is there now.

1800 at the CBS though? Surely must be about 2000 considering the big numbers from Southampton, Leicester, Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland. Either way, there's not much in it.

Evo1883

Look many of our fans prance about twitter telling the world we've got the best fans , so adding a few fans between the away fans wouldn't change that , been wank all season

bigfatronssba

Look many of our fans prance about twitter telling the world we've got the best fans , so adding a few fans between the away fans wouldn't change that , been wank all season

Atmosphere was always going to decline.

We can’t hover in the top half of the Championship for 3 years and expect the atmosphere to be as good as it was in 2021. Expectations have changed. Were a different club

torchomatic

Maybe they wanted to watch the game?
It seems there's quite a few fans who have zero interest in the game, they're just there to antagonise the away support.

David O'Day

Atmosphere was always going to decline.

We can’t hover in the top half of the Championship for 3 years and expect the atmosphere to be as good as it was in 2021. Expectations have changed. Were a different club
Why does being better mean the atmosphere has to be worse?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

There was 3.7k empty seats. 1k of which was segregation, another 900 was empty seats in the away end, the remaining 1.8k were corporate and boxes that cost £25k

How many times this season would we have sold 26,500 home fans this season. Today and Leicester? Maybe Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day? Realistically we need to have it as an option for home fans but for most of the season, we should sell it to home fans.

Take Birmingham at home. 26,700 there. Had we sold home tickets behind the goal, we'd have missed out on an additional 2500 away sales.

David O'Day

It seems there's quite a few fans who have zero interest in the game, they're just there to antagonise the away support.
Nonsense

Having banter with the other teams fans no makes you less interested in the game than sitting down and making a peep

This is one lazy stereotype that can do one

David O'Day

How many times this season would we have sold 26,500 home fans this season. Today and Leicester? Maybe Sheffield Wednesday on Boxing Day? Realistically we need to have it as an option for home fans but for most of the season, we should sell it to home fans.

Take Birmingham at home. 26,700 there. Had we sold home tickets behind the goal, we'd have missed out on an additional 2500 away sales.
If Wolves had beat us that section would be empty today

David O'Day

People's expectations are too high and we've had 10,000 new regular fans at games who weren't there every week in the tough days.
Sound but they are mostly not in the area that creates the atmosphere

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It’s nearer 23.5k but I’m not sure I understand your point.

Why does that mean we won’t average 27k next season?
We were averaging 18k home fans last season
If we don't get promoted why would we get more next season ?
This season's jump in season tickets was down to the notable improvement on the pitch and play offs. The fans responded.
I'm not suggesting support will drop off , but we punched above our weight last season and it's a tough gig to replicate that again.
Our fans are fickle. If we have plateaued I doubt we'll see increased gates unless there is some kind of ticket deal on offer.
Or we go up. Then it's a sell out.

pusbccfc

If Wolves had beat us that section would be empty today

Exactly.

I would love us to open the South Stand fully. Ideally it would be the replacement for the corner.

However, opening to season ticket holders next season would be a step too far, too soon. We shouldn't be limiting away fans to 2500 if we can't sell 25,000 every game.

Evo1883

I think we have to keep looking forward as a club , we are growing

Darth Robins

There's also quite a few fans who show up just to take photos of themselves to post on social media and sit on their hands in silence the rest of the time, different strokes for different folks innit.

shepardo01

Haven't read this, the crux of the shite atmosphere was our shite performance.
We were poor today. The only decent bit of play was the goal. Nothing before to get the crowd going and nothing after.
A lumbering tired performance that did nothing to excite the crowd - forget about who was sitting or standing where.

Nick

Administrator
Nonsense

Having banter with the other teams fans no makes you less interested in the game than sitting down and making a peep

This is one lazy stereotype that can do one

Swansea away, blokes next to me didn't look at the pitch. Went to the bogs to do coke, come back and call random people wankers.

pusbccfc

Sound but they are mostly not in the area that creates the atmosphere

Tbh mate, there's plenty around me in 16 who love to stand in the corner to record Live and Die in These Towns and don't really make an effort.

Compare that to two seasons ago when it was properly vocal.

pusbccfc

Swansea away, blokes next to me didn't look at the pitch. Went to the bogs to do coke, come back and call random people wankers.

Still a minority though.

Ironically, the fans off their heads on gear and Carling make more noise 😅

David O'Day

Tbh mate, there's plenty around me in 16 who love to stand in the corner to record Live and Die in These Towns and don't really make an effort.

Compare that to two seasons ago when it was properly vocal.
Not saying it isn't worse just that the newer fans who I welcome are not usually in the corner as for large parts of the season you couldn't get tickets there

pusbccfc

If only that gets us promoted.

It doesn't but that shouldn't stop us wanting a good atmosphere Nick. Otherwise, Football would be like Rugby, American Football and Tennis where people sit down in silence.

Nick

Administrator
It doesn't but that shouldn't stop us wanting a good atmosphere Nick. Otherwise, Football would be like Rugby, American Football and Tennis where people sit down in silence.

My point is more that you have no idea about the general courtesy, started off saying he was told off for singing and don't get that people will want to sit down so don't stand in front of them and wonder why. The people sitting down weren't in the wrong, neither were the stewards.

If it was in a standing area, then of course it would be fucking stupid to moan at people standing.

pusbccfc

My point is more that you have no idea about the general courtesy, started off saying he was told off for singing and don't get that people will want to sit down so don't stand in front of them and wonder why. The people sitting down weren't in the wrong, neither were the stewards.

If it was in a standing area, then of course it would be fucking stupid to moan at people standing.

Being told off by 4 stewards for being on your feet in the first 2/3 minutes of a match is a bit extreme though. That was the original point.

We clearly see it differently and I'm happy to admit you're correct. It is a seated arena unfortunately. Thankfully it's not always an issue because people who want to stand position themselves in the corner and those who want to sit, position themselves in the 20 other blocks.

Nick

Administrator
Being told off by 4 stewards for being on your feet in the first 2/3 minutes of a match is a bit extreme though. That was the original point.

We clearly see it differently and I'm happy to admit you're correct. It is a seated arena unfortunately. Thankfully it's not always an issue because people who want to stand position themselves in the corner and those who want to sit, position themselves in the 20 other blocks.

People were getting told off for trying to sing in the South Stand is mental.

That was what I'm on about in the original post.

Sky Blue Pete

It was diabolical today. I said as soon as they announced the South Stand trial that it would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere and I was right. 2 blocks of prawn sandwich eaters between the corner and away fans is always going to kill things
You make no sense

pusbccfc

Got to say, this guy does some great stuff for the atmosphere at times but comes across as a right whiny bitch on Twitter.

He's shown himself up recently. What a shite tweet from him.

The one about Wembley was pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread