Appeal Dismissed (4 Viewers)

skybluetony176

But it's a fair point.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not really. It doesn’t make anyone wrong anymore than having a season ticket for decades made RFC right when he kept insisting that SISU were going to build a stadium and we’d all be eating our come the new year when Tim Fisher makes his announcement. It’s a completely pointless question.

covmark

Not really. It doesn’t make anyone wrong anymore than having a season ticket for decades made RFC right when he kept insisting that SISU were going to build a stadium and we’d all be eating our come the new year when Tim Fisher makes his announcement. It’s a completely pointless question.
Come on Tony. Council Jack never ever comments on football related matters. So it's a fair point.
There's plenty of posters on here that don't go to many games. The majority of those posters are proper fans, who regularly comment on the football. Council Jack never does.

As for RFC, he was a parody account, surely?

CJ_covblaze

skybluetony176

As for RFC, he was a parody account, surely?

Not according to the person who liked your post.

You seem to be missing the point. Just because people don’t comment on match threads doesn’t make them incorrect on non match threads. I rarely if ever comment on match threads anymore for the sole purpose of seeing who brings it up when they disagree with me on another matter but can’t form an argument as to why so bring up the you don’t comment on match threads as if somehow it means I’m wrong which must mean they’re right. It’s like a litmus paper test.

Nick

Administrator
Not according to the person who liked your post.

You seem to be missing the point. Just because people don’t comment on match threads doesn’t make them incorrect on non match threads. I rarely if ever comment on match threads anymore for the sole purpose of seeing who brings it up when they disagree with me on another matter but can’t form an argument as to why so bring up the you don’t comment on match threads as if somehow it means I’m wrong which must mean they’re right. It’s like a litmus paper test.

It makes people who only login to look and post on certain threads look like they are just trying to push an agenda. Even more so when they try to do it with multiple accounts.

Don't you think?

skybluetony176

It makes people who only login to look and post on certain threads look like they are just trying to push an agenda. Even more so when they try to do it with multiple accounts.

Don't you think?

That’s something different again though. Doesn’t necessarily make what they’re saying incorrect either. Usually it’s just not what you want to hear because it doesn’t follow the it’s everyone else’s fault train of thought.

Nick

Administrator
That’s something different again though. Doesn’t necessarily make what they’re saying incorrect either. Usually it’s just not what you want to hear because it doesn’t follow the it’s everyone else’s fault train of thought.

No, it's because usually a lot of the time it's just particular points they try to get across at particular times.

I said the same just before the news about the Higgs came out, most people laughed at the thought of it.

It's not about what people want to hear. I am quite used to other city fans on here disagreeing with me and I have no issue with it as at 3PM on a Saturday you are all thinking the same thing. I do have an issue when you have randoms who seem to need 2 accounts to try and get a point across but have no interest at all in the football.

You will also notice I called out the guy who only seemed to login to post bad stuff about Wasps (even during one of our games I think) so to say it's only stuff that people don't want to hear is incorrect ;)

letsallsingtogether

My first post on here was about the fact that SBITC were great and why it was a shame that the sum total of £0.00 was contributed by the club to their cause. I got told by Grendel in very short order to fuck off. I've no idea why. I wanted the club to do more. I stuck around for a while longer and participated, but realised there was more to life.

My private message to you is below. I wanted my account removed because I realised then it was pointless trying to debate. It still is. My polite request and subsequent explanation is now out in the world for all to see. Again, you calling it a 'flounce' publicly says a lot. Had I made my request in some public way to try and stir some kind of reaction from others, rather than by private message, that should probably have been called a flounce. I caused no fuss or drama to anyone. You say flounce, I say polite request.

I'm sure there will be some comeback to this from you Nick - fill your boots. I only stopped by to see what people were saying about the appeal date and here you and Grendel are, same as you were 2 years ago, bickering, name calling and worrying about outside influence on your little fiefdom. I wondered whether my comment about plants would stir you up and here you are, right on the end of the hook. Like I say, it's good you're important somewhere. Cheerio

View attachment 10973 View attachment 10974
TBF your comments are correct keeping a lot of people away.
For an administrator Nick does too much calling out funny it is 90% one way.
He is just trying to get people to move on, so he can win his own arguement with the aid of his little army :)

Nick

Administrator
TBF your comments are correct keeping a lot of people away.
For an administrator Nick does too much calling out funny it is 90% one way.
He is just trying to get people to move on, so he can win his own arguement with the aid of his little army :)

Have you thought that maybe 90% of the dodgy accounts / people having a flounce when disagreed with are one way?

As soon as I spotted a strange account posting slating Wasps the other day I pointed that out too. I'd quite happily like to get involved with a bit of them going bust but the way they were trying to push their points were blatant. ;) Much the same as your mate AndreasB who was clearly up to no good.

If by disagreeing and discussing things with people is forcing them to leave and go on about it, it's their issue. There have been quite a few who can only really spit out a few different lines, then they get questioned about it and have a tantrum.

letsallsingtogether

Have you thought that maybe 90% of the dodgy accounts / people having a flounce when disagreed with are one way?

As soon as I spotted a strange account posting slating Wasps the other day I pointed that out too. I'd quite happily like to get involved with a bit of them going bust but the way they were trying to push their points were blatant. ;) Much the same as your mate AndreasB who was clearly up to no good.

If by disagreeing and discussing things with people is forcing them to leave and go on about it, it's their issue. There have been quite a few who can only really spit out a few different lines, then they get questioned about it and have a tantrum.
It's the way you go about it Nick.
Funny how when people were calling out Tony for not going to matches even though he was where were you to back him up?
But when someone who has the same POV as you is called out your over the perpetrator like a rash.
As an Administrator you need to take a more levelled view then the rest of us.

Nick

Administrator
Funny how when people were calling out Tony for not going to matches even though he was where were you to back him up?
But when someone who has the same POV as you is called out your over the perpetrator like a rash.

I have since backed him up saying he has been. (If I remember he said he had a match package and I can't remember seeing much about him not going to games since). The same as I have when people have had digs at you and your bro. The same as when Steve was getting hassle.

I'm a city fan, I am allowed an opinion.

It's funny really, your mates on social media have started giving it loads because I corrected them about something too and tried to go off on one too. Must be something in the water.

Ps. Have a look in the brexit thread to see where people are really going at it and compare. Think that's worse than all other threads combined, relentless.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I have since backed him up saying he has been. (If I remember he said he had a match package and I can't remember seeing much about him not going to games since). The same as I have when people have had digs at you and your bro. The same as when Steve was getting hassle.

It's funny really, your mates on social media have started giving it loads because I corrected them about something too and tried to go off on one too. Must be something in the water.

Ps. Have a look in the brexit thread to see where people are really going at it and compare. Think that's worse than all other threads combined, relentless.
Please don't mention him and me in the same post

skybluetony176

It’s the same as not posting on match threads. Sixfields season I decorated the house from top to bottom while listening to the games on the radio and I mentioned it a few times. Changing the kitchen happened the following season when we were back at the Ricoh and someone (no prizes for guessing who) didn’t agree with something I said (most likely about our owners) and asked me if I was at the game on Saturday (as if somehow that made them right and me wrong). I answered truthfully and said I was home fitting a kitchen, they put that together with what I’d said the previous season and decided that I had a running excuse for not going to games because I had diy to do. I just let it run because I knew that when they couldn’t argue or concede a point they’d use it and my litmus paper test was working. The season I fitted my kitchen I actually did as many home games as I did last season (18 in all competitions) it was one of my busiest seasons in 20 odd years of going to games.

This season has been a quite one. Only two games so far due to family commitments. Might get a six match package after Xmas though.

I just don’t see why attending or not attending games or commenting or not commenting on certain threads has any bearing on what you’re saying. “You don’t even go to games” “there was a game on Saturday” “you don’t post on match threads” etc seems to be a regular response from some posters thinking that they’re being smart when someone else posts something that they don’t like. All it really says to me is you’ve lost the argument so you’re actually saying something dumb instead.

Grendel

There are no rules an administrator has to be more levelled.

The fact some bloke who never goes to games and another who never makes one post likes your post may reveal all you need to know. Oh and a third who just likes being liked

skybluetony176

There are no rules an administrator has to be more levelled.

The fact some bloke who never goes to games and another who never makes one post likes your post may reveal all you need to know. Oh and a third who just likes being liked

This is another one used regularly for the same reason. “So and so liked your post so it must be bollocks”.

Not going to games, you don’t post on whatever thread and so and so liked your post. All childish nonsense and all used regularly by the same handful of posters. How are they proving themselves right and someone else wrong exactly with this childish, school playground nonsense? What next? My dad could beat your dad up? I know you are but what am I? May as well because that’s the level that they’re at.

Nick

Administrator
It’s the same as not posting on match threads. Sixfields season I decorated the house from top to bottom while listening to the games on the radio and I mentioned it a few times. Changing the kitchen happened the following season when we were back at the Ricoh and someone (no prizes for guessing who) didn’t agree with something I said (most likely about our owners) and asked me if I was at the game on Saturday (as if somehow that made them right and me wrong). I answered truthfully and said I was home fitting a kitchen, they put that together with what I’d said the previous season and decided that I had a running excuse for not going to games because I had diy to do. I just let it run because I knew that when they couldn’t argue or concede a point they’d use it and my litmus paper test was working. The season I fitted my kitchen I actually did as many home games as I did last season (18 in all competitions) it was one of my busiest seasons in 20 odd years of going to games.

This season has been a quite one. Only two games so far due to family commitments. Might get a six match package after Xmas though.

I just don’t see why attending or not attending games or commenting or not commenting on certain threads has any bearing on what you’re saying. “You don’t even go to games” “there was a game on Saturday” “you don’t post on match threads” etc seems to be a regular response from some posters thinking that they’re being smart when someone else posts something that they don’t like. All it really says to me is you’ve lost the argument so you’re actually saying something dumb instead.

I am talking about people logging in, going to a particular thread, posting and then nothing. Not even looking at match threads, openly no interest at all about the football.

I understand full well that people didn't go during Sixfields, I wouldn't have used the "You don't even go to games" during that time as not many people at all went to games.

People go on about RFC or AndreasB, imagine if they were trying to use 2 accounts to push something, went over the top posting at certain times and had absolutely no interest in the football, results or anything like that? Would it be ok to point out that something was dodgy with it? If somebody only bothers to login to slate Wasps, would that be OK to point out that while there is a city game going on they have just logged on to make a negative post about Wasps and that was it?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Pardon me for interrupting the endless arguments again but is it today that those bastards who own our club have to get their appeal in in order to remove us from the Ricoh ?
Sorry but it's ever so slightly important.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think it might have been next Tuesday? Don't quote me on it though.
Many thanks. That's ages away sadly.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think it might have been next Tuesday? Don't quote me on it though.
Yep. Extended to next Tuesday. What I didn't like the look of was the recent headline along the lines of : CCFC football club are nothing to do with The Owners (which looked like getting in the argument for the defence early)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yep. Extended to next Tuesday. What I didn't like the look of was the recent headline along the lines of : CCFC football club are nothing to do with The Owners (which looked like getting in the argument for the defence early)
I thought exactly that. How cynical we are. If there is another appeal I really do fear for the future.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think most people on here believe that SISU will continue with their legal process..... personally i do not think that belief will prove to be wrong. Having got to where we are i fully expect an application to the Supreme Court

The statement from the "club" is of course trying to create some sort of separation from the owners actions. I would think the statements are coming from Boddy or the like who is/are the point of contact with Wasps. He has to try to remedy the situation any way he can and i cant fault him/them for trying. It is playing with words though nothing more. It is factual, you wouldnt expect players etc to be involved in the legal matters, same as i wouldnt expect our cleaner to be talking to our bank about my business - but the cleaner is still part of my business. The players, staff, Boddy etc are part of the OEG business that trades as CCFC, it is who pays their wages, owns their contracts.

Morally people can claim that the club is effectively the team on a match day and its supporters (personally on that basis i would go further, it is for me the supporters - players etc are transitory) However on every other basis you care to look at the "club" operation is Otium Entertainment Group Ltd and frustratingly it is OEG's name on the court papers taking legal action that affects CCC but also Wasps. OEG is legally, financially the "club" and as an entirety taking with others these legal actions. SISU's name is not actually on the court applications.

The stance from the "club" seems to be say it enough times, the difference between owner and playing side will appear and people will believe it. Unfortunately it is not believed by many here but most importantly not by the decision makers who count.

I suggest, going to the match and focusing on the football - we cant affect the off field shenanigans

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Don't you think?

Which users have multiple accounts?

Sky Blue Pete

Facts as per boddy

No talks with wasps
Ccfc not part of legals
Efl have written to say groundshare outside of Coventry not an option for 19-20

We need rfc to confirm where the new stadium is

stupot07

Personally speaking, I wouldn't bank on the EFL to stop us moving out of Cov again, they're utterly spineless.
I'm still not worried, something will get sorted. For me Boddy's programme notes are part of the PR game to lay some ground work for putting pressure on wasps. I Thought Clive was going over the top on the phone in yesterday.

We've been here before, déjà vu.

Magwitch

Eakin was probably going a bit over the top but by doing that raises the issue more, I think there will be some sort of deal but at the minute the only thing on the table is Wasps won’t talk, so that’s the only thing that can be focused on, will perhaps become more clearer by Tuesday/Wednesday.
This will become a national issue if this kicked out of the league threat becomes real.

Users who are viewing this thread