Appeal Dismissed (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yes. And like every other thing that is different from something, we use a different word.

A “bot” is a computer program. A shill is a paid poster, AKA astroturfer. If that’s what you meant, say so. Because saying bots is ridiculous.

So how much cash do you think they’re spending on astroturfing SBT as a fairly small forum with a hyper-anti-council userbase? To what end?

Do we count Nick and Grendel and the like as Sisu shills because they’ve been given info to post as well?

Just trying to set the boundaries here.

Ay? Funnily enough I haven't been given any information to post from SISU as I don't have any interest in speaking to them

Who knows how much cash is being thrown at it, I know you like analytics and stats and it's there for all to see :) Have a look at particular users posting habits just before some news is going to come out that includes Wasps etc. The time about the Higgs / Wasps training base was an obvious one.

It's a bit of a giveaway when people signup with no clue at all about the football, couldn't care less who we played or the result but strangely enough are "experts" about the politics and particular posters on here.

If you don't think it's worthwhile, why did directors of ACL sign up to push a view?

Orca

Ay? Funnily enough I haven't been given any information to post from SISU as I don't have any interest in speaking to them

Who knows how much cash is being thrown at it, I know you like analytics and stats and it's there for all to see :) Have a look at particular users posting habits just before some news is going to come out that includes Wasps etc. The time about the Higgs / Wasps training base was an obvious one.

It's a bit of a giveaway when people signup with no clue at all about the football, couldn't care less who we played or the result but strangely enough are "experts" about the politics and particular posters on here.

If you don't think it's worthwhile, why did directors of ACL sign up to push a view?

And therein lies the reasons why I don't drop by here very often.

I talk about the football with my mates and family in the real world. The reason I drop by here occasionally is I genuinely have an interest in the politics and finances of the players involved in this sorry saga, whereas my friends and family care about that considerably less. Today's the first time I've logged in for a long time, as with the deadline for appeals passing, the couple of people I respect on here, might have reasonable opinions about what might happen next. That has proved to be the case.

The fact that people on here are still talking about a conspiracy by one party or another to stir up a particular opinion (shills/bots/plants - call them what you will) still makes me laugh. If there's factual evidence of PR people actively pushing an agenda on these pages, I'd love to see it. If it's been posted before and I haven't seen it, I apologise; like I say, I'm an infrequent visitor.

Grendel

I talk about the football with my mates and family in the real world. The reason I drop by here occasionally is I genuinely have an interest in the politics and finances of the players involved in this sorry saga, whereas my friends and family care about that considerably less. Today's the first time I've logged in for a long time, as with the deadline for appeals passing, the couple of people I respect on here, might have reasonable opinions about what might happen next. That has proved to be the case.

The fact that people on here are still talking about a conspiracy by one party or another to stir up a particular opinion (shills/bots/plants - call them what you will) still makes me laugh. If there's factual evidence of PR people actively pushing an agenda on these pages, I'd love to see it. If it's been posted before and I haven't seen it, I apologise; like I say, I'm an infrequent visitor.

I remember you - you used to post alongside that tosser Armybike

Nick

Administrator

You don't drop in because you had a flounce because people didn't agree with you.

I've posted things up multiple times to show it. Not to mention how blindingly obvious they have become the more people are used to them appearing.

Why did ACL directors have accounts to push things? Why are people who have no interest in football and just want to push views much more desperate to not leave any sort of trail? Why are all of the appearances so well timed?

Magwitch

Eakin has just read out a statement from ccfc saying the owners have 28 days from the order to appeal sounded as if they (sisu) were suggesting that 28 days hasn’t been passed yet, missed any follow up.

Just been on telly the length of time for an appeal has been extended a week.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Eakin has just read out a statement from ccfc saying the owners have 28 days from the order to appeal sounded as if they (sisu) were suggesting that 28 days hasn’t been passed yet, missed any follow up.

Sounds like they're having trouble coming up with adequate grounds for an appeal. :emoji_confounded:

skybluetony176

Tuesday the 27th apparently is the new deadline. Knew it was too good to be true.

oucho

Suppose they lodge their appeal before the deadline. How long will it take before the Supreme Court announce a decision on whether they'll hear the case or not?

letsallsingtogether

Just when you think things are looking up Boom they shoot you down again :(

chiefdave

You'd expect deadlines in legal cases to not have that sort of flexibility! Do they have to give a plausible reason for needing an extension?

Nick

Administrator
Suppose they lodge their appeal before the deadline. How long will it take before the Supreme Court announce a decision on whether they'll hear the case or not?

I doubt the legal chums will be paid much if they say "fuck off" within 30 seconds so not in their best interest.

Magwitch

They seem to have a couple of stabs at each court level too, not sure of the process but does the plaintiff have to show grounds to appeal or can they just appeal for appeals sake.

fernandopartridge

Well the deadline hasn't actually passed apparently. Funny how you've rocked up on this thread though.

Orca

I remember you - you used to post alongside that tosser Armybike
I remember you also Grendel - your particular brand of bonhomie was one of the reasons I stopped coming by regularly.

You don't drop in because you had a flounce because people didn't agree with you.
And there's another reason. Anyone who disagrees with you gets insults thrown at them. It's all coming back to me.

Nick

Administrator
I remember you also Grendel - your particular brand of bonhomie was one of the reasons I stopped coming by regularly.

And there's another reason. Anyone who disagrees with you gets insults thrown at them. It's all coming back to me.
It wasn't an insult, it was a fact.

letsallsingtogether

How does that work then? Or does that mean that Gilbert messed up the dates and nobody else bothered to check so reported based off what he had tweeted!
Believe they have been given an extention due to "good reason" whatever that means.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe they (appeal people) will do the old "let me have a look in my pocket" to pull out the middle finger trick?

Captain Dart

oucho

"It can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it can't be bought. And it absolutely will not stop UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD!"

So said Kyle Reece of the Terminator, but he might as well have been speaking of Sisu. It should be clear to all now that the "batter people in court" strategy isn't so much about winning on the day as keeping going to either wear down the opposition or to get lucky once, IRA-stlyle, and pick up a game changing win, all the time knowing they can play the long game as a permanent Cov team and likely the only replacement team who can take on the Ricoh (after all, which financial backer or new owner would make Sisu the anchor tenant after the experience of our current and previous landlords?).

duffer

I know Orca of old, and he's a top bloke and a city fan through-and-through. I might not agree with everything he says, but this ad hominem stuff is ridiculous.

If we want an open forum where differing opinions are tested then let's give people a chance to state them without calling them 'plants' etc.. if we disagree then challenge them on their merits rather than on the poster's assumed (but unknowable) motives. The only person I know who made money out of Wasps, Italia, has gone now and I'm not convinced even that is necessarily for the better.

The truth is that I mostly post about Wasps, SISU and the court/financial stuff too. I don't watch City enough these days to offer opinions on a lot of the football, which is a bit sad but there it is. Am I still welcome here?

Nick

Administrator
I know Orca of old, and he's a top bloke and a city fan through-and-through. I might not agree with everything he says, but this ad hominem stuff is ridiculous.

If we want an open forum where differing opinions are tested then let's give people a chance to state them without calling them 'plants' etc.. if we disagree then challenge them on their merits rather than on the poster's assumed (but unknowable) motives. The only person I know who made money out of Wasps, Italia, has gone now and I'm not convinced even that is necessarily for the better.

The truth is that I mostly post about Wasps, SISU and the court/financial stuff too. I don't watch City enough these days to offer opinions on a lot of the football, which is a bit sad but there it is. Am I still welcome here?

I wasn't calling Orca a plant btw, just saying he had a flounce because people disagreed with him.

The actual accounts that have been questioned stand out a mile off, there's a difference between somebody who doesn't get to many games and somebody who seems to popup, go into overdrive and then vanish until the next time. Always seem to be trying way too hard as well.

Plenty of people disagree, I don't think many on here do agree with much I say but it's not many at all I think stand out as a bit fishy. They seem to appear in phases and then die out, new users who seem to be experts on who has said what on here in the past too. People could easily sign up on here and go under the radar, when within 5 posts they start calling people out and contradicting themselves alarm bells go off.

Users who are viewing this thread