Appeal Dismissed (6 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Not really saying I was going to change the world or invested loads of money or time but was just pointing out to Tony an example I have tried.

In other words you had no interest until Wasps turned up.

CJ_covblaze

Mostly Steve (no issue at all there) but when it was something past him there was nothing. Just had no replies at all.

There was a trust board Google group which I assume was like an email group? Moz was then emailing me.

I can only assume either somebody past them didn't want me to help or after meeting with wasps the direction changed. I don't know, I never seemed to get any replies and it just died out.

Not really saying I was going to change the world or invested loads of money or time but was just pointing out to Tony an example I have tried.

What were you offering assistance with? If there's anything you feel you can help with now and in the future, email me and I'll personally ensure it goes to the correct channels.

Nick

Administrator
What were you offering assistance with? If there's anything you feel you can help with now and in the future, email me and I'll personally ensure it goes to the correct channels.
It was a website. Like I said, not really life changing and only took a few hours rather than days but pointing out to Tony I have tried something.

Didn't receive so much as a "we aren't going to go down this route" email.

CJ_covblaze

It was a website. Like I said, not really life changing and only took a few hours rather than days but pointing out to Tony I have tried something.

Didn't receive so much as a "we aren't going to go down this route" email.

Thats an area we've always needed help with. Disappointed personally it wasn't followed up. Can only apologise.

Nick

Administrator
Thats an area we've always needed help with. Disappointed personally it wasn't followed up. Can only apologise.
It's not your fault, it wasn't Steve's either. Despite never really agreeing on a lot of things he would always take time to discuss things (which you also do to be fair).

Always got the impression once it needed to go any further though it just wasn't going to happen.

ccfcway

as a fan I appreciate the update, but not actually sure what the club want us to do, as we are powerless to impact sisu or wasps.

We can’t agree on who or what we should be protesting about or when and where we do it.

Irish Sky Blue

One suggestion at a Trust meeting was for as many City fans as possible to get into a Wasps game and to spend the game making our presence felt (verbally and non aggressively). Apparently quite quiet at Wasps games so a bunch of noisy football fans would stand out. It wouldn't be earth shattering or life changing but like the anti Sisu protests would get our plight more publicity. It would be particularly good at a televised game with the Sky Blue Song being belted out. It would give those people who didn't want protests at City matches a chance to be involved. A pro City to stay at the Ricoh demo.

Grendel

One suggestion at a Trust meeting was for as many City fans as possible to get into a Wasps game and to spend the game making our presence felt (verbally and non aggressively). Apparently quite quiet at Wasps games so a bunch of noisy football fans would stand out. It wouldn't be earth shattering or life changing but like the anti Sisu protests would get our plight more publicity. It would be particularly good at a televised game with the Sky Blue Song being belted out. It would give those people who didn't want protests at City matches a chance to be involved. A pro City to stay at the Ricoh demo.

Did the trust endorse this and recommend to its membership?

Nick

Administrator
Was that ignored and the "do an article to say how great wasps was" approach gone with instead?

CJ_covblaze

Name the game and I’m in.

ccfcway

I’d happily be in, but awaits the “I’m not giving money to wasps” comments as per before.

It would be great to pack the place, all turning up 10 mins before kick off to get it delayed due to amount of people trying to get in, followed by 80 mins of “sky blue army”.

Sadly won’t happen, the ccfc following can’t agree to anything when it comes to protesting this cause

christonabike

Why the fook would we annoy the landlords? Just putting up the rent for the shortfall of Wasps fans not turning up.
Great idea when we have 6 months to try and get them to agree a new deal. I look forward to all the knashing of teeth and sack cloths when Wasps tell us to do one.
Than it will be someone else’s fault ......

letsallsingtogether

Mostly Steve (no issue at all there) but when it was something past him there was nothing. Just had no replies at all.

There was a trust board Google group which I assume was like an email group? Moz was then emailing me.

I can only assume either somebody past them didn't want me to help or after meeting with wasps the direction changed. I don't know, I never seemed to get any replies and it just died out.

Funny really you were and still are one of the biggest critics of the trust yet you want them to welcome you with open arms.
You have slagged off everything they have tried, Yet you expect them to welcome you with open arms.

Yet some went to one wasps game and you refuse to forget that.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Funny really you were and still are one of the biggest critics of the trust yet you want them to welcome you with open arms.
You have slagged off everything they have tried, Yet you expect them to welcome you with open arms.

Yet some went to one wasps game and you refuse to forget that.

giphy.gif

Don't expect any open arms. Maybe a tiny bit of common courtesy.

Went to the game and then went to the press about it to praise it.

What's your point?

Irish Sky Blue

Why the fook would we annoy the landlords? Just putting up the rent for the shortfall of Wasps fans not turning up.
Great idea when we have 6 months to try and get them to agree a new deal. I look forward to all the knashing of teeth and sack cloths when Wasps tell us to do one.
I agree. You wouldn’t want it to be anti Wasps. It would need to be totally pro Sky Blue to make the point we need to stay at the Ricoh.

chiefdave

No I'm not. I'm basing it on what other club's pay for a similar deal.
What other club is a tenant of a rugby club, doesn't have primacy, only gets use of the stadium for a few hours on match days and doesn't have access to match day revenues?

chiefdave

Not sure if it's been said but the letter from the EFL is a gentle reminder that CCFC have knowingly been in the position of being potentially homeless for quite sometime and that they would expect the club to have 'plan B' that meets the EFL requirements if no agreement can be found with Wasps for the Ricoh. Any other industry would be expected to provide their regulators with copies of contingency plans, this clearly hasn't been the case here - looks like there isn't a plan on CCFCs side and the EFL haven't applied sufficient pressure to ensure that CCFC produce one. Faults lie on both sides here - and the third side is obviously the SISU side which I'm not going to dignify with a comment!
What plan B can there be? What other stadium in the city can we use?

Irish Sky Blue

What plan B can there be? What other stadium in the city can we use?
Their plan A, as they assured the FL, showed them proof of funds, was to build a new stadium. Perhaps the FL have become aware that progress on this is rather slow. Maybe Fisher and friends should have told the truth. As with a lot of things, Sisu's actions coming back to haunt CCFC.

letsallsingtogether

Don't expect any open arms. Maybe a tiny bit of common courtesy.

Went to the game and then went to the press about it to praise it.

What's your point?
My point well......

It's all a bit late now.
Like our friend Fisher once said.
"That ship has sailed"

CJ_covblaze

I agree. You wouldn’t want it to be anti Wasps. It would need to be totally pro Sky Blue to make the point we need to stay at the Ricoh.

That’s the only way to do it. Go in and sing City songs non stop aside from when kicks are being taken. Would need a few hundred for it to be successful though.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Their plan A, as they assured the FL, showed them proof of funds, was to build a new stadium. Perhaps the FL have become aware that progress on this is rather slow. Maybe Fisher and friends should have told the truth. As with a lot of things, Sisu's actions coming back to haunt CCFC.
Proof of funds (even if they would never be used) is one thing. Having a site, planning permission and a shit load of builders building a stadium is another!

Grendel

Wasps will never let the club be successful - they already have offered a 10 year deal which effectively would screw the club and financially ruin them.

They want to be the only show in town and see us as a threat to their absurd ego and ambition

Wasps are the only enemy and need to be removed

cc84cov

Wasps will never let the club be successful - they already have offered a 10 year deal which effectively would screw the club and financially ruin them.

They want to be the only show in town and see us as a threat to their absurd ego and ambition

Sooner removed the better too !!!

Irish Sky Blue

No they’re not the only enemy. The only reason they are here is because of Sisu and their shenanigans. They both need to go.

Voice_of_Reason

No use protesting until after Tuesday. If SISU decided not to peruse legal action then Wasps have said negotiations can begin. Should SISU decide to continue, then that is the time to talk about serious protests. Wait until after Tuesday ?

duffer

If you're going to assign blame, then I'd start with the people who sold to the rugby franchise without putting something in place to guarantee that the club would have the right to a deal at the stadium. You know, the ones who said that the critical part of the deal was that the football club would not be disadavantaged. Maybe you forgot that bit?

I don't really get why people are so worried about the legal action, if it's bullshit then it'll eventually come to an end and SISU will have to pay the loser's costs (which will be substantial). If it isn't bullshit then one potential remedy is that Wasps may have to pay more to the Council for the stadium. I don't have a particular issue with either of those outcomes.

Wasps and the Council must have been well aware that the deal that they were doing had elements of legal risk, especially given the past history of the stadium and the SISU/Council court battles. Presumably this is why there were the flat-out lies from the council denying it, and all of the other secrecy around the sale. Wasps and the Council chose to push on and take that risk - why would I have sympathy about them having to defend it until the legal process is exhausted? It's the way the law works.

There's no actual reason for this to stop Wasps doing a short-term deal with the club, as they have done before. People who want to pitch it as all SISU's fault are looking at it with one-eye closed, imho.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That’s the only way to do it. Go in and sing City songs non stop aside from when kicks are being taken. Would need a few hundred for it to be successful though.
It needs someone with influence and logistical knowledge to arrange it though. The Trust need to support the club. They arranged the fantastic marches, were behind the legends match on our first game at Northampton.

Stop sitting on the bench, and for once say SISU can wait, let’s start on the short term issues. Starting with Wasps, get them around the table. Make it seem to them a disaster to get rid of us.

We’re currently just coasting along telling SISU to drop the legals, when really they don’t care what we think. Wasps on the other hand need the Coventry public onside, they need to be uncomfortable making the decision that affects the city, they need to look like the bad guys to the media etc. Only the trust has the influence to attempt this

So do what you should do, hell get PSB group involved - preserve the damn football team, you allegedly want to save

Nick

Administrator
In other words you had no interest until Wasps turned up.

I also offered to help with website stuff a few years ago so it would help manage memberships and make it easier for people to sign up / manage members etc which was before Wasps.

Nice try though.

CJ_covblaze

It needs someone with influence and logistical knowledge to arrange it though. The Trust need to support the club. They arranged the fantastic marches, were behind the legends match on our first game at Northampton.

Stop sitting on the bench, and for once say SISU can wait, let’s start on the short term issues. Starting with Wasps, get them around the table. Make it seem to them a disaster to get rid of us.

We’re currently just coasting along telling SISU to drop the legals, when really they don’t care what we think. Wasps on the other hand need the Coventry public onside, they need to be uncomfortable making the decision that affects the city, they need to look like the bad guys to the media etc. Only the trust has the influence to attempt this

So do what you should do, hell get PSB group involved - preserve the damn football team, you allegedly want to save

Why not go at both? Why use the word allegedly?

Nick

Administrator
Why not go at both? Why use the word allegedly?

The trust wouldn't go at both. Just as before when the Higgs was going to be taken on by Wasps there were mumblings of action against Wasps, the Trust had a meeting with Wasps and then it was back to "It's all SISU".

You said you were going to post the minutes / stuff from the meetings, I posted up the links saying how positive it was meeting Wasps and the David Conn article where somebody from the Trust (not you personally) had said how great the occasion was when they first moved here.

Genuine question. How many Trust board members are still boycotting? How many go to games etc? (aside from you and Moz). The way it always comes across (correct me if I am wrong) is that while you, Moz, Steve always seem happy to discuss things there are others who won't and that is where things always seem to come to a halt.

Don't get me wrong, when there was the SCG there were people on the "other side" from London who were just as bad. Only interested in getting a go on the spinny chair in the board room and a fancy title.

Far too much focus is trying to be "for the people", Fans rights, fans first etc etc that it gets lost and it isn't really for CCFC fans any more which is why things like the Leamington Group / Bedworth group took off so much as they are first and foremost about CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread