Apparently an offer still on the table for the club (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Wasn't part of the Hoffman bid allowing ARVO to take Ryton?
If that were to happen valuable resources would have to be devoted to training facilities rather than to the squad. New ownership might mean a much poorer club.
What is at Ryton. A field with a club house and changing rooms. Surely somewhere in Warwickshire there is land for sale to be kept as a field and maybe get planning application for a changing room to replicate what we have now.

Nick

Administrator
What is at Ryton. A field with a club house and changing rooms. Surely somewhere in Warwickshire there is land for sale to be kept as a field and maybe get planning application for a changing room to replicate what we have now.
Just spent a fair bit on a new gym, there's a canteen and offices etc

NorthernWisdom

To replace Ryton would effectively be the value of Ryton wouldn't it? Ryton atm can't be used for housing - it has a speculative value, possibly, because it's close to a massive industrial complex, but currently its value is for what it is.

So to replace requires finding the same, elsewhere. Unless you're building a stadium next to the training ground, or taking the opportunity to vastly expand and modernise, there's little use in getting rid of Ryton for somewhere else.

Unless you can get a change of use through...

skybluetony176

To replace Ryton would effectively be the value of Ryton wouldn't it? Ryton atm can't be used for housing - it has a speculative value, possibly, because it's close to a massive industrial complex, but currently its value is for what it is.

So to replace requires finding the same, elsewhere. Unless you're building a stadium next to the training ground, or taking the opportunity to vastly expand and modernise, there's little use in getting rid of Ryton for somewhere else.

Unless you can get a change of use through...

Not sure that’s true NW. Isn’t it allowed under certain conditions under the last RBC town plan. Pretty sure that the condition is from sports England that the playing surfaces are replaced somewhere in the borough. Don’t think it even has to be for use for CCFC as a training ground, just replaced.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure that’s true NW. Isn’t it allowed under certain conditions under the last RBC town plan. Pretty sure that the condition is from sports England that the playing surfaces are replaced somewhere in the borough. Don’t think it even has to be for use for CCFC as a training ground, just replaced.
Yeah, you'd have to replace it.

So if we want a training ground, we'd have to replace it.

The value to CCFC is as much keeping hold of Ryton as buying and building another one, unless we're going super-ambitious. Any consortium who wants to hand over one of our last remaining foundations needs looking at rather closely as to what they actually intend to do...

Nick

Administrator

The value to CCFC is as much keeping hold of Ryton as buying and building another one, unless we're going super-ambitious. Any consortium who wants to hand over one of our last remaining foundations needs looking at rather closely as to what they actually intend to do...
Exactly, the same with the random promises of player sale money etc.

clint van damme

The only one that I wouldn’t like to see back is Elliot but currently I would take him over Joy.

I don’t get why people are so down on Hoffman he has a few quid and seems to have a wealthy group of backers, as Overson alone sold his business for over £200 million. These men haven’t built up large personal fortunes by being idiots.

If the club folds surely the Wilson money will not need to be paid so I wouldn’t be expecting Bournemouth to do any deal with Sisu.
There's plenty to be negative about regarding Hoffman and particularly Elliot. But at the moment with the club's future on the line I'd welcome them with open arms.

Nick

Administrator
There's plenty to be negative about regarding Hoffman and particularly Elliot. But at the moment with the club's future on the line I'd welcome them with open arms.
Its more about look what happened with the Haskell situation.

If I can call what's happening a couple of months ago, im pretty sure sisu will have some plans in place... As they did when ACL were unveiling Haskell as the new owner.

If it all backfires, Hoffman, wasps and the trust etc will have all been complicit in distressing ccfc (along with sisu).

NorthernWisdom

What I'd like is if and when it came to the time, there were choices, rather than an anointed successor (the issue with SISU coming in!). Not this group's fault if no alternatives came forward, but I'd rather leave those options open... so the best option going forward could be chosen.

Nick

Administrator
What I'd like is if and when it came to the time, there were choices, rather than an anointed successor (the issue with SISU coming in!). Not this group's fault if no alternatives came forward, but I'd rather leave those options open... so the best option going forward could be chosen.
Don't get me wrong if it all works I'll be much happier than if it was sisu running us but I'd want to know what the plan is going forward.

This is somebody planning to take the club on who was fooled by dale Evans.

clint van damme

Think we'd all like options but realistically they're not going to be knocking the door down to bid for the club

RegTheDonk

would anybody care if it secured our existence? If we had new owners running the club properly, securing our future and trying to take the club forward in the proper way then it would be worth it.
Though I've absolutely no doubt that if they weren't throwing money around after a season there'd be a new NOPM campaign and people calling for their head.
Those sort of people need to wake up, to be honest. However, I think most supporters would be realistic in that unless you've got someone wealthy enough not to care, any new owners would be no different in SISU's approach that the club must pay for itself. It would have to be financed by fans putting bums on seats, for the academy to produce good prospects (and any gems that are sold on, the money is re-invested), for the commercial wing to step up, and any extra TV money should we get promoted.

We cannot get into the spend what you havent got cycle again, we have to be realistic, and if that makes us ultimately a mid table Championship site (should we get promoted) then it'll be down to the passion of the fans, and the ability of the players and management to get us into dream land. As long as we don't get people owning the club who are perceived to be lining their own pockets (and I'm not saying SISU are!) then who can complain.

NorthernWisdom

Think we'd all like options but realistically they're not going to be knocking the door down to bid for the club
Depends what the deal (and realistic offer) is. As OSB mentions, somebody willing to pay over-the-odds would worry you from the start. Given SISU are intransigent, there'll only be a club to bid for when they decide. At a rational price... there's always somebody who wants the kudos etc of a club - it's getting the right one.

FWIW, Mr. Overson seems a decent sort, in that he's chosen to sponsor parts of the club despite this consortium being knocked back, he seems to want to help regardless. If the others were like that, that would be a promising start.

Based on previous misjudgements, I'm not going to be jumping up and down with joy (no pun intended!) however, until I find out more. Likewise, I'd like a marker of a rival bid to compare against.

skybluetony176

No. I mean that there’s no stipulation that CCFC has to replace its training ground to get planning for housing, just that two pitches are replaced somewhere in the borough. Nothing stopping Arvo/Sisu developing or selling for development Ryton, renting facilities somewhere like the Warwick Uni for first team training and putting two pitches in two random places somewhere in the borough, new schools being built in Houlton for example. Or indeed sell the club retain Ryton leaving a training ground for the club a problem for new owners while again providing two random pitches somewhere else in the borough to satisfy Sports England. If Arvo/Sisu don’t develop the Ryton themselves it won’t even fall on them to replace the pitches it will fall on whoever develops the site.

There’s absolutely zero stipulation that Ryton can only be developed once new training facilities have been provided for CCFC. Zero. The only stipulation is on the playing surfaces. It’s a number counting exercise for Sports England so they can say they’re doing their job by maintaining the number of playing surfaces in the borough. Nothing more nothing less. CCFC aren’t even on Sports England radar. CCFC aren’t a consideration in the planning application. Legally the solution is far far simpler than satisfying the needs of CCFC’s first team. Don’t allow yourself to be sleep walked into thinking anything else.

clint van damme

Depends what the deal (and realistic offer) is. As OSB mentions, somebody willing to pay over-the-odds would worry you from the start. Given SISU are intransigent, there'll only be a club to bid for when they decide. At a rational price... there's always somebody who wants the kudos etc of a club - it's getting the right one.

FWIW, Mr. Overson seems a decent sort, in that he's chosen to sponsor parts of the club despite this consortium being knocked back, he seems to want to help regardless. If the others were like that, that would be a promising start.

Based on previous misjudgements, I'm not going to be jumping up and down with joy (no pun intended!) however, until I find out more. Likewise, I'd like a marker of a rival bid to compare against.

It's irrelevant really as the owners will be the one to accept the bid.
If the kindly old ladies sky blues supporters club offer 20 million and the dictator in charge of the African republic of gun running and human trafficking offers 20 million and 50p I think we all know which bid would be accepted

NorthernWisdom

It's irrelevant really as the owners will be the one to accept the bid.
If the kindly old ladies sky blues supporters club offer 20 million and the dictator in charge of the African republic of gun running and human trafficking offers 20 million and 50p I think we all know which bid would be accepted
Some fans would still kick off by saying how the African republic of gun running and human trafficking had good business sense, and we were lucky to have them.

Terry Gibson's perm

I see what Mr Overson is doing as investing in a possible future if he gets in he doesn’t want our hugely successful youth team broken and having to be rebuilt

Captain Dart

Joe Elliot has sold his business for £60 million do you think he can bankroll this:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
He was not the owner anymore, he sold it off in 2003 and only acted as a consultant to swing the deal to sell the site though I am sure he has a good few bob.

Last edited:

ceetee

The point I was making was, if ARVO retained Ryton, the new owners would have to divert valuable, and probably limited, resources to providing new facilities before spending money on the team.

And to respond to another point, if we are thrown out by EFL the club, whether still owned by SISU or somebody new, will not be running a Cat 2 Academy

clint van damme

The point I was making was, if ARVO retained Ryton, the new owners would have to divert valuable, and probably limited, resources to providing new facilities before spending money on the team.

And to respond to another point, if we are thrown out by EFL the club, whether still owned by SISU or somebody new, will not be running a Cat 2 Academy

Yet some clowns seem happy to wave goodbye to the academy and start supporting a Phoenix club 20 leagues lower than where we are now

mark82

Yet some clowns seem happy to wave goodbye to the academy and start supporting a Phoenix club 20 leagues lower than where we are now

I'm really not sure anyone thinks that is a good option. It's an absolute last resort. I think this myth comes from people saying they'd still support a phoenix club but I'm yet to see anyone (even on the Facebook group) say that it should be a preferred option.

covcity4life

I'm really not sure anyone thinks that is a good option. It's an absolute last resort. I think this myth comes from people saying they'd still support a phoenix club but I'm yet to see anyone (even on the Facebook group) say that it should be a preferred option.
I think some would like to do it as an adventure which is idiotic in the extreme

I personally WOULD support a phoenix club if it was last case scenario and called afc coventry city and wore sky blue. Perhaps we could buy badge back

But dont even want to think about it right now

clint van damme

Unfortunately I have.

BigadamL

Talking about the training ground didn't Norman the guy who owns Nuneaton ground say that it would be great for a country training facility? Maybe a bit of the plan if they do sell up

Grendel

Juggy said it last night

Warwickhunt

He was not the owner anymore, he sold it off in 2003 and only acted as a consultant to swing the deal to sell the site though I am sure he has a good few bob.
I was being sarcastic:joyful::joyful::joyful:

letsallsingtogether

I'm sure he still owned the land and that he brought the business back a few years ago as it was struggling.
Went from a car spares shop to mostly Audio never took off.

Nick

Administrator
It is quite weird how some new ccfc fans seem to be coming out to say how they want to boycott and how they would prefer the club to die and start again.

People who don't say anything about CCFC for months but then pop up.

It's a bit random isn't it?

mark82

It is quite weird how some new ccfc fans seem to be coming out to say how they want to boycott and how they would prefer the club to die and start again.

People who don't say anything about CCFC for months but then pop up.

It's a bit random isn't it?

Jesus wept. I take back what I said.

Nick

Administrator
There's a fair few people who strangely only seem bothered about CCFC at particular times, main example is Richard Keys.

Users who are viewing this thread