Apparently an offer still on the table for the club (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Aside from making it completely obvious why the Trust won't say anything Wasps or the Council and why Wasps won't do a deal, does anybody know what this offer actually is?

rob9872

A £5 scratchcard and a letter from Joe Elliot.

Nick

Administrator

It's almost as if I called exactly what was happening but again got told was paranoid ;)

If it works then it would be good but if I can figure out exactly what the planning was I am pretty sure SISU would have.

Let's hope the distressing of CCFC by Wasps and Co ends up with a happy ending!

shmmeee

Just to be clear, what are we suggesting here?

That the trust/council are....trying to force Sisu out so Hoffman can take over?

How would that even work?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Then they need to rethink the amount because due to what is going on the value of any deal is greatly devalued if you ask me. If SISU are keen to get out then you dont pay over the odds

shmmeee

Then they need to rethink the amount because due to what is going on the value of any deal is greatly devalued if you ask me. If SISU are keen to get out then you dont pay over the odds

Well the offer has already been rejected. So saying it’s still on the table is basically expecting a reduced price as otherwise why leave a rejected offer on the table?

fernandopartridge

Yes, like i said when it was made the first time. It fulfils the 'get rid of SISU' objective but otherwise seems fairly reckless from a commercial point of view

shmmeee

Yes, like i said when it was made the first time. It fulfils the 'get rid of SISU' objective but otherwise seems fairly reckless from a commercial point of view

It’s a terrible offer, headed by an incompetent and seemingly rather stupid person.

The offer itself is the least of my worries when we’d be run by someone taken in by Dale Evans.

Nick

Administrator
Just to be clear, what are we suggesting here?

That the trust/council are....trying to force Sisu out so Hoffman can take over?

How would that even work?

Are you having a sponsored naive day?

Wasps refuse to do a deal, potentially sends the club bust. In steps Hoffman who happens to already have a deal agreed with Wasps...

It would be very good if it works and I will be the first to eat humble pie but it would be naive to think that SISU wouldn't have seen it coming as well like they did last time with Haskell.

Please note, I did call Hoffman rising from the shadows a few weeks ago. That's how obvious it is.

Captain Dart

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Well the offer has already been rejected. So saying it’s still on the table is basically expecting a reduced price as otherwise why leave a rejected offer on the table?

they could just leave it at the same value, just because it was rejected last time doesnt automatically devalue it.

Personally I wouldnt go above £4m including Ryton for the football assets less football liabilities. Certainly would never buy the company OEG or take part ownership of OEG

shmmeee

Are you having a sponsored naive day?

Wasps refuse to do a deal, potentially sends the club bust. In steps Hoffman who happens to already have a deal agreed with Wasps...

It would be very good if it works and I will be the first to eat humble pie but it would be naive to think that SISU wouldn't have seen it coming as well like they did last time with Haskell.

Please note, I did call Hoffman rising from the shadows a few weeks ago. That's how obvious it is.

Mate I dipped out of all this for a year or so, my naivety is very much genuine and free of charge.

I don’t get why Sisu would sell? And why to Hoffman?

Surely they’re more likely to wind us up and sell Ryton for housing?

Personally I don’t think it’s be good if it works. I think it’d leave us with a group of fans treating the club as their own personal plaything and a useless chairman tied into shitty future payments. And still at a ground we can’t afford.

skybluesam66

they could just leave it at the same value, just because it was rejected last time doesnt automatically devalue it.

Personally I wouldnt go above £4m including Ryton for the football assets less football liabilities. Certainly would never buy the company OEG or take part ownership of OEG
The fly in the ointment may be Callum Wilson
that potential deal alone could be bigger than a bid for the club

Nick

Administrator
Mate I dipped out of all this for a year or so, my naivety is very much genuine and free of charge.

Personally I don’t think it’s be good if it works. I think it’d leave us with a group of fans treating the club as their own personal plaything and a useless chairman tied into shitty future payments. And still at a ground we can’t afford.

I don't think they would, I am just pointing out that it seems to be the plan from others and has been obvious for a while.

Thats why I said is it another thing along the lines of Haskell which also backfired.

It also makes sense why CJ says that talks with Wasps had to be secret and shrouded with NDA's. That way SISU can't use them in court....

I would be more than happy if CJ wants to correct me.

Liquid Gold

Love it to come through but don't see it. In fact I see this as being more likely that no pressure gets put on other sides to get a deal done leading to us being kicked out of the league while people shout "SELL UP SISU"

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The fly in the ointment may be Callum Wilson
that potential deal alone could be bigger than a bid for the club

depends on what SISU's intentions are.

You could do a deal to give them part of that but if serious the consortium has to play hard ball not give it away. It is not buy at any price

By the time he gets sold it could be all over in any case and any old deal dies with the club

Forever_Blue

God you’re annoying

fernandopartridge

depends on what SISU's intentions are.

You could do a deal to give them part of that but if serious the consortium has to play hard ball not give it away. It is not buy at any price

By the time he gets sold it could be all over in any case and any old deal dies with the club

Could you purchase that debt as an asset? You'd have to negotiate a settlement for it presumably, quite risky really.

clint van damme

I think they actually want more which just adds to the absurdity of the whole situation.

Liquid Gold

But selling at £7m would result in them having to realise losses of £53m or so instead of letting it sit on their balance sheet somewhere and potentially using it to offset profits elsewhere for tax purposes. I can't see them doing it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I dont think anyone should purchase the debt baggage ie ARVO or SISU Master Fund Loans. You wouldnt buy the company because of the £60m preference shares it carries. There is zero need to buy SBS&L so those loans in that company are irrelevant

You would buy the assets, players contracts, Ryton, Fixtures & Fittings trademark, etc then deduct the football creditors thats player contracts, League fees etc. to comply with league rules. Rent arrangements and other operating contracts pick and choose or have new ones

This is fast becoming a purchase of assets from a distressed company (should it get that far) so i think you would try apply a discount to the assets. Player contracts are generally 2 years long and part spent in terms of that time. Certain players may have a market value but a lot are unproven, even out of contract or loans

Nick

Administrator
This is fast becoming a purchase of assets from a distressed company (should it get that far) so i think you would try apply a discount to the assets. Player contracts are generally 2 years long and part spent in terms of that time. Certain players may have a market value but a lot are unproven, even out of contract or loans

The thing is, people lost their shit about ACL being distressed but don't seem that bothered about CCFC being distressed for the same reason.

Can anybody see SISU letting somebody else get the better of them at their own game?

Like I have been saying for weeks, amazing if it works but I can't see them being taken by surprise by it and will have something up their sleeve. My worry is what that is.

SkyBlueCRJ

Could the consortium not cover that potential future deal, I mean it’s pretty certain Wilson will leave Bournemouth at some point?

Wouldn't it be difficult to base a deal on something that may or may not happen though? I agree he probably will go but surely a consortium wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket with that one?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
But selling at £7m would result in them having to realise losses of £53m or so instead of letting it sit on their balance sheet somewhere and potentially using it to offset profits elsewhere for tax purposes. I can't see them doing it.

Not sure where you get £53m from?

Losses are what SISU have been known to trade in so perhaps they are able to offset against other gains and get tax back?

If they sold for 7m that wouldnt cover the capital element on what is owed to ARVO. Based on accounts to 31/05/2017 Losses that are potentially available from this are
1. under recovery on the ARVO & SISU Master fund loans up to about £17m inc interest is my best guess for now (ignoring possible £7m)
2. Shares in Otium £65.5m
3. loans in SBS&L £28m

say they could offset at 19% = approx £21m tax saving

However the actual hard cash they have put in i calculate was £33m up until 31/05/2017

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The thing is, people lost their shit about ACL being distressed but don't seem that bothered about CCFC being distressed for the same reason.

Can anybody see SISU letting somebody else get the better of them at their own game?

Like I have been saying for weeks, amazing if it works but I can't see them being taken by surprise by it and will have something up their sleeve. My worry is what that is.

thing is Nick there was only one party distressing ACL ...... SISU

Presently everyone seems to be distressing OEG/CCFC ........... including SISU

SISU never do knee jerk reactions even if it seems like it. It is calculated. There is something there behind the scenes if you ask me

Nick

Administrator

SISU never do knee jerk reactions even if it seems like it. It is calculated. There is something there behind the scenes if you ask me

That's my point, what makes it OK for others as well as SISU to distress CCFC? It has been pretty obvious for a while that the plan has been for others to distress CCFC to then try and force a takeover.

What makes people think SISU haven't got other plans other than "Oh Wasps won't do a deal so we had better hand it over to Hoffman?".

That's what I'm more worried about, I can't see them being so straight forward and friendly about it all. Can you?

kg82

I’m a bit naive with all this. So I’m going to ask a dumb question!

Something there behind the scenes... like what?

eastwoodsdustman

Nick, Any idea when the council and wasps representatives will start posting their campaign up on here today? The cricket starts soon so don't want to miss out.

Users who are viewing this thread