Apathy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As Ive said before I hate Sisu this is the correct breakdown of fault for our situation

Council 10%
Higgs 10%
ACL 10%
Mcginnity 10%
Robinson 10%
Richardson 10%
Ranson 10%
Coleman 10%
Thorne 10%
Trust 10%
Sisu :thinking about::eek:

wingy

You're fetish for Nora Batty's stockings will catch up with you.

I believe there are discreet internet sites for that sort of thing ;)

The Ladies Underwear/Corsetry section of The Grattan catalogue served that purpose adequately for a Twelve year old.:(:thinking about:;)

Paxman II

I think sadly a lot of posters on here like to throw their weight behind their own opinions be it they know all the facts or are merely surmising many of the facts. Listening to the media or reading whatever appears in the press as fact is a very dangerous way to go.
I must confess \I do not know all the facts and on that basis am confident enough to suggest every poster on here has the same problem.
So making claim and judgement on a situation is one thing but declaring it as fact and all other opinions are not correct if they don't sway to your own view is wrong. That shows a lack of intellectual ability and no doubt some will respond with putting you down for it. That results is a slanging match between posters and those that fail to comprehend argument will simply keep thrusting their opinion forward regardless.
It's difficult because there is so much frustration among all fans. However based on the OP's original post he is talking nonsense for the reasons I stated above. There is blame on all sides and that much is clear.
If the OP wants SISU to simply up and leave then what's his vision for the immediate aftermath?

Whilst I hold SISU responsible for the majority of our predicament they do still have a valid point in their own assertions.
The Council and ACL can do better just as SISU can. Blame is spread across the lot of them!

bigfatronssba

I think sadly a lot of posters on here like to throw their weight behind their own opinions be it they know all the facts or are merely surmising many of the facts. Listening to the media or reading whatever appears in the press as fact is a very dangerous way to go.
I must confess \I do not know all the facts and on that basis am confident enough to suggest every poster on here has the same problem.
So making claim and judgement on a situation is one thing but declaring it as fact and all other opinions are not correct if they don't sway to your own view is wrong. That shows a lack of intellectual ability and no doubt some will respond with putting you down for it. That results is a slanging match between posters and those that fail to comprehend argument will simply keep thrusting their opinion forward regardless.
It's difficult because there is so much frustration among all fans. However based on the OP's original post he is talking nonsense for the reasons I stated above. There is blame on all sides and that much is clear.
If the OP wants SISU to simply up and leave then what's his vision for the immediate aftermath?

Whilst I hold SISU responsible for the majority of our predicament they do still have a valid point in their own assertions.
The Council and ACL can do better just as SISU can. Blame is spread across the lot of them!

Is that opinion or fact?

Grendel

Is that opinion or fact?

I'm still waiting for your "fact" that the vast majority hold sisu totally responsible - where is the evidence of that fact? What did the survey say about blame apportionment?

ohitsaidwalker king power

And the future with them Pax?
I fear that if the JR doesn't go as SISU wish... it could well be a superfluous debate; despise them as I do maybe the only option is for SISU to acquire the Ricoh such that they can gain some return on their investment I'm loathed to wish it, but the former hypothesis is unbearable.

Last edited:

Paxman II

Well king power I tend to agree with what you say there.

The club can't possibly get any worse from where it's at now other than being liquidated which carries a real possibility in the long term. The likelihood is we must give some credence to what Labovitch says regarding backing the club financially, so if we can do that then the road is only upwards from this point. If it's getting their hands on the Ricoh then they will be all set.

The JR is very key as to how this will play out. I do fear for the Council in the long term and my opinion is they should be talking to the current owners of the football club while they still have that opportunity with some concrete proposals. I think it's the bigger picture where SISU are concerned for the long term future and the saleable asset they need. This has never just been about denial of rent etc, only the start of a process, however distasteful that has been.

ccfc92

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

So all this has just increased my apathy and I suspect everyone else's.

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

View attachment 3373

I have to say, probably one of the most brilliant posts in ages. and 100% agree.

Followed by the newcastle paper, just shows what apathy and "roll over" attitude most CCFC fans have. It is nice to have the attitude of "Stand up and be counted!" But unfortunately, like BFRSBA says, one person can only do so much. we need the WHOLE fanbase/city/football community to stand together to sort this. Until that happens, CCFC will be a laughing stock and we will not have a club to support.

Noggin

Well king power I tend to agree with what you say there.

The club can't possibly get any worse from where it's at now other than being liquidated which carries a real possibility in the long term. The likelihood is we must give some credence to what Labovitch says regarding backing the club financially, so if we can do that then the road is only upwards from this point. If it's getting their hands on the Ricoh then they will be all set.

The JR is very key as to how this will play out. I do fear for the Council in the long term and my opinion is they should be talking to the current owners of the football club while they still have that opportunity with some concrete proposals. I think it's the bigger picture where SISU are concerned for the long term future and the saleable asset they need. This has never just been about denial of rent etc, only the start of a process, however distasteful that has been.

Why can't the club get worse?

We could lose our excellent manager, we could lose all the talented youngsters we have which is quite a few, we could lose our other talented players like moussa and murphy, we can get relegated, our crowds can drop to half of what they currently are, our potential crowds could drop, at the moment we could probably quite quickly encourage people back to 10k+ but that gets harder as time goes on. The amount of money we lose each year can get bigger, our yearly losses can increase, since next year will likely have half or even a 1/3rd of the ticket income (because probably no arsenal game) make less from selling players, wages will be lower but the amount we pay in loan interest to arvo will increase, bring in less from food and beverage sales.

So it really can get worse from here and honestly it's almost certainly going to.

Sky Blue Pete

Love the quote by Bobby Robson - legend!

It's what pisses me off - where's my city's club!!!

So pissed off at it all

letsallsingtogether

And we are still waiting for yours that is how you always try and get out of an argument that you have started.

I'm still waiting for your "fact" that the vast majority hold sisu totally responsible - where is the evidence of that fact? What did the survey say about blame apportionment?

_brian_

I can't even be bothered to post on this thread, if I'm being honest! I'm just worn out with it all!!!

torchomatic

Ah, another who's jumped on the "people who attend Sixfields are selfish and to blame" bandwagon. And I'll extend the same invitation to you as I do to Spion and all the other spineless folk on here. Stand outside Sixfields and TELL fans as they go in how you feel and how it's all their fault.

As for apathy, well you only have to look at the petition figures to know that apathy reigns in Coventry. 30K at Crewe (while SISU were here) and not even half of those sign the petition. Nevermind the 50K at Wembley or the 250K who stood on the streets to welcome the team back. Unfortunately, people only "care" about CCFC when there's something in it for them...a trip to Wembley for example.

SISU take the lions share of the blame, of that there is no doubt, but CCC should take some of the blame too, despite some people feeling "proud" about the way they've derailed our season.

And the Newcastle situation is a billion miles away from ours. Their fans give a shit for a start.

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

So all this has just increased my apathy and I suspect everyone else's.

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

View attachment 3373

WestEndAgro

Ah, another who's jumped on the "people who attend Sixfields are selfish and to blame" vbandwagon. And I'll extend the same invitation to you as I do to Spion and all the other spineless folk on here. Stand outside Sixfields and TELL fans as they go in how you feel and how it's all their fault.

As for apathy, well you only have to look at the petition figures to know that apathy reigns in Coventry. 30K at Crewe (while SISU were here) and not even half of those sign the petition. Nevermind the 50K at Wembley or the 250K who stood on the streets to welcome the team back. Unfortunately, people only "care" about CCFC when there's something in it for them...a trip to Wembley for example.

SISU take the lions share of the blame, of that there is no doubt, but CCC should take some of the blame too, despite some people feeling "proud" about the way they've derailed our season.

And the Newcastle situation is a billion miles away from ours. Their fans give a shit for a start.

You sir are a fuckin idiot, their is nothing I would like to do more than meet you at sixfield you deluded prick.

Hobo

Ah, another who's jumped on the "people who attend Sixfields are selfish and to blame" bandwagon. And I'll extend the same invitation to you as I do to Spion and all the other spineless folk on here. Stand outside Sixfields and TELL fans as they go in how you feel and how it's all their fault.

Invite them to stand outside Sixfields and tell those attending what they think? Didn't some fans do that and those attending bleated about it all over this forum and on CWR?

Not sure if you are talking about Apathy or basic supply and demand.

The CCC derailing the season stance is rather simplistic and based on selective facts.

covmark

You sir are a fuckin idiot, their is nothing I would like to do more than meet you at sixfield you deluded prick.

Jesus Christ, this comes from someone who thinks sixfields attendees should be charged with treason. You sir are a fucking idiot!

torchomatic

Oh, I see. One mans apathy is another man's "supply and demand". The only simplistic thing was PWKH who both agreed and disagreed with the rejection of the CVA as he was wearing two hats.

Invite them to stand outside Sixfields and tell those attending what they think? Didn't some fans do that and those attending bleated about it all over this forum and on CWR?

Not sure if you are talking about Apathy or basic supply and demand.

The CCC derailing the season stance is rather simplistic and based on selective facts.

torchomatic

I'm going on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread