Apathy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongonzalos

I think it was closed because people got silly and personal and over the top both ways, without checking I can't remember.

Exactly
So I am posting it again because it was wrecked last time and it was not the fault of the OP.

stupot07

Top wumming Don.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Godiva

To be honest I am noticing more people becoming more frustrated with SISU.
People were rightly presuming there was more to it. SISU had a master plan and all was going to be explained. That success for the club means success for SISU so no matter what they do it will benefit the club

They now realise that that us not the case. What benefits SISU does not necessarily benefit the club.

The small minority is getting smaller by the day

But what benefits the club also benefits sisu - and that's the problem for isn't it?

oakey

Bigfatrons,
You are absolutely right and the thread proves your point. Many of our fans would rather take the, "all parties are to blame and let's argue amongst ourselves about how much whilst doing nothing to hold the only party accountable to us as fans to blame ... The current owners" rather than, "all parties may have some blame but as fans we can only hold the current owners accountable for their actions now and in the future, so let's unite and do that."

dongonzalos

Top wumming Don.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Proud of the fans of Coventry
Proud of the manager
Proud of the players
Proud of the Council
Proud of the Charity

Disgusted by the Owners of the club

Genuine opinion no wumming

Moff

I hate SISU....but also get very sick of people coming on here stating their opinion of how it is, then getting angry that people have the cheek to have an opinion of their own, and call them the 'usual suspects'

Nick

Administrator
Bigfatrons,
You are absolutely right and the thread proves your point. Many of our fans would rather take the, "all parties are to blame and let's argue amongst ourselves about how much whilst doing nothing to hold the only party accountable to us as fans to blame ... The current owners" rather than, "all parties may have some blame but as fans we can only hold the current owners accountable for their actions now and in the future, so let's unite and do that."

This post again proves it must be everybody must agree with you. Why not if a few parties have some share of blame that each should be held accountable for what they have done?

italiahorse

So, basically you've become apathetic because some people don't 100% agree with your view point....ok.

It does not matter who is to blame, the point is that people are moving on to other things.
The past is the past so we need to look forward to who can change that.

As I see it the council have made a move in the right direction and further negotiation will move it further.
Sisu have stone walled it, in fact they have now actively moved to force further division by challenging a Council and a Charity.

Of course anybody with an ounce of sense will know why they won't negotiate and in reality any negotiating will remove any chance for them of making a profit.

It's 100% in Sisu's hands to move this on so at this point in time it is 100% their fault.

dongonzalos

But what benefits the club also benefits sisu - and that's the problem for isn't it?

That's the common sense mentality that some took to justify defending SISU's actions.

Only now people are starting to realise that it is not as clear cut as that.

What benefits SISU benefits SISU if the club gets trashed in the process so be it.

Compensation as a result of a Judicial review will have no benefit for the club at all.

(However to get there SISU have to loom like they are trying to run a business despite venomous attacks by the council to destroy them. )

italiahorse

I understand why most hold Sisu truly responsible for the way things are and to some extent I do also but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 50/50, please see below if you're confused:

Sisu 50%
Council/ACL 20%
Brian Richardson 10%
Chris Coleman 10%
Ray Ranson 10%

All for different reasons but all should hang their heads in shame for what they have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget the past theres nothing to be solved there.
It's in Sisu's court now, so if they don't want to move it on it's 100% their fault.

dongonzalos

I hate SISU....but also get very sick of people coming on here stating their opinion of how it is, then getting angry that people have the cheek to have an opinion of their own, and call them the 'usual suspects'

I hate the usual suspects who hate been called the usual suspects

RedSalmon

Is it so wrong to be proud of the council/ACL
for the actions they have taken so far.

Firstly the council saving the Ricoh deal when it was about to fail.
Then offering the club a sliding scale rent dependant on league and attendances which was rejected.

If the rumours are true after years of regression under SISU when faced with owners not paying their bills. Making an attempt to take the situation head on that hopefully would have led to new owners.

Then standing up to an administration process that was in their opinion flaws. Surely the easy thing to do would be accept the administration decision. Getting the money back and not looking like the bad guy when the points deduction occurs. Instead they stood their ground protesting against a flawed process.

Despite all this and lots of provocation they have made various offers to get the club back. Including a temporary rent free offer.

Now with all this pressure surely the easiest thing to do would be to crumble to whatever SISU demand. Yet they are still prepared to fight it out and not be bullied by a moraless hedge fund.

Some of their decisions have affected me personally in a negative way, yet I can't help taking my hat off to them and feel proud that little Coventry Council and a local charity are prepared to take on a global hedge fund.

Yes I do believe you can have it all support your team, support your council and do not want your clubs owners to stick around.

Am no fan of the council for many reasons, but on this issue they have my full support. SISU have seen the stadium as a nice big opportunity to 'relieve' the council and the people of Coventry of an excellent facility. Suspect they thought they could bully the council into accepting that they would have to see things SISUs way and either hand it over or sell it to them for peanuts.
Am proud of the council for the integrity they have shown throughout this period.

oakey

This post again proves it must be everybody must agree with you. Why not if a few parties have some share of blame that each should be held accountable for what they have done?

Because many of the other parties are long gone ... Previous owners
The others, ACL are accountable to their shareholders not City fans.
CCC is accountable to the people of Coventry, not CIty fans.
Plus as the club has left the city those 2 parties are not capable of making the decision to sort the mess out.

italiahorse

Because many of the other parties are long gone ... Previous owners
The others, ACL are accountable to their shareholders not City fans.
CCC is accountable to the people of Coventry, not CIty fans.
Plus as the club has left the city those 2 parties are not capable of making the decision to sort the mess out.

CCC/ACL have made some moves in the right direction and possibly will move further.
However if Sisu won't negotiate there's nowhere to go !

blueflint

still can't believe certain posters still support SISU they are to blame they took us out of coventry and still fans can't see it

Godiva

That's the common sense mentality that some took to justify defending SISU's actions.

Only now people are starting to realise that it is not as clear cut as that.

What benefits SISU benefits SISU if the club gets trashed in the process so be it.

Compensation as a result of a Judicial review will have no benefit for the club at all.

(However to get there SISU have to loom like they are trying to run a business despite venomous attacks by the council to destroy them. )

That's almost the same argument by NOPM and sisu-out, isn't it? 'What hurts sisu is good. If the club gets trashed in the process, so be it'?

stupot07

still can't believe certain posters still support SISU they are to blame they took us out of coventry and still fans can't see it

I don't support sisu, I just do not blame them 100% for the mess we are in. Just like the 40% of fans when polled by KCIC.

blueflint

Are you saying there is no astro turfing or funny business from acl on here to stir anything up?

Who needs to pay people to divide fans with threads like this?

right on cue defend the indefensible

Godiva

I hate the usual suspects who hate been called the usual suspects

Ron actually said 'normal suspects' - so I wasn't offended. Long time since anyone called me 'normal'.

rondog1973

As I've said a million times on this thread already people are entitled to their own opinion.

However this myth that all sides are responsible (presented as fact, not opinion) is alienating the majority who will simply walk away.
No point trying to get a simple point across bigfatron's, the dogwagging contingent will always respond with lengthy posts, which simply confirm the post you originally made.

Just remember, for you to be a balanced contributer, you must apportion blame 50/50. Anything else is splitting the fans.....

blueflint

So it's not divisive to call those who go to Sixfields scabs/spineless, etc and blame them for where we are, whilst also having a go at those who are sitting on the fence?

Funny you don't have a problem with posters arguing or denigrating other mans feelings when they are being denigrated for going to Sixfields...

Am I worried? Yes and no. Other clubs have survived not too dissimilar events, we ride this out get back to the area fans will start to return.

Oh and no one wants us to be at Sixfields.

if no one wants to be at sixfields why do they go

Nick

Administrator
No point trying to get a simple point across bigfatron's, the dogwagging contingent will always respond with lengthy posts, which simply confirm the post you originally made.

Just remember, for you to be a balanced contributer, you must apportion blame 50/50. Anything else is splitting the fans.....

Where has anybody said anything about 50/50 blame? I must have missed this, or it is more people making stuff up to suit.

No, people having a go at people who want to go to games with the spineless, people who go to games having a go at people who don't go to games, that is the shite dividing fans.

blueflint

Yes, but some things are out of their hands aren't they? I agree that all variables that are 100% under their control should be dealt with properly and they haven't been, but others are out of their hands but can still affect the club.

whats out of their hands they make all the decisions

stupot07

if no one wants to be at sixfields why do they go

Because they want to support those 11 men on the green thing, kicking that round think into a netty thing.

Godiva

who says there is and who cares if there is they don't own us they don't make the ultimate decision SISU does SISU obviously are to blame

Oh, I think Nick meant that some are paid to make us believe that sisu are to blame?

Nick

Administrator
whats out of their hands they make all the decisions

Well they don't and can't do they if they don't own the ground the team plays in? There will be the landlord and that will be out of their hands.

As said in another thread, I think all parties will be at it with their spin and all should be taken with a pinch of salt as they will have been run past PR companies etc. It is just that only SISU stuff seems to be classed as spin by most but most of it is crap.

Godiva

Well I wouldn't know about that. I just meant the astro turfing on forums.

Ok - my mistake.
What's the difference though?

Big_Ben

Bigfatronssba.....I issue you a challenge put you excellent thread onto GMK and wait and watch for the cordoroy, desert boot, cardigan wearing geeks with patches on their jacket elbows to spring into action.

If this is how a typical SBT'er sees a typical GMK'er, from an anthropological point of view, it would be interesting to see how the typical GMK'er would describe the typical SBT'er just by using a physical appearance/dress sense description.

Nick

Administrator
If this is how a typical SBT'er sees a typical GMK'er, from an anthropological point of view, it would be interesting to see how the typical GMK'er would describe the typical SBT'er just by using a physical appearance/dress sense description.

Coventry-City-supporters_2970742.jpg

There has to be a mullet.

images

There has to be a sweatshirt from the 90's also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread