Apathy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatronssba

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

So all this has just increased my apathy and I suspect everyone else's.

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

BYALSWiCUAAzfZN.jpg

DaleM

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

View attachment 3373

Exactly .

rupert_bear

The reality is this website along with GMK represent little more than a fanny full of fans yet some posters seem to think they are the mouth piece of all. What you are saying is sadly pretty accurate imo. Less and less fans are bothered now, I use a pub in Bell Green which has been a real ccfc hot-bed, the subject is never raised, none read websites or take any notice of the likes of Les Reid that's if they have heard of him. I suspect that is repeated all over the city and beyond. and that is a big problem.

There are plebs on here who blame acl/ccc and will soon appear on this thread to tell you, well initially the rent was high, too high but at the moment it is sisu and only sisu who can change things.

ohitsaidwalker king power

BFRSBA- Good man- your view and well said.... I suspect you'll now be drawn across the coals by the politically correct society. It being Sunday I'll say a prayer for you at Morning song;)

rupert_bear

Bigfatronssba.....I issue you a challenge put you excellent thread onto GMK and wait and watch for the cordoroy, desert boot, cardigan wearing geeks with patches on their jacket elbows to spring into action.

Lorksalordy

I believe that more than six people voicing these type of opinions officially constitutes a "CCC / ACL love-in". The Bigger Picture Police will be along to break it up shortly.

Hobo

I don't try and ration out the blame.

SISU are currently running the club so I blame them.
Poor accountancy and lack of transparency over the figures/debt.
The inexcusable treatment of the fans.
The blame culture and limp repetition of we have made mistakes.
It's not so much the dispute with ACL it's the way they have gone about it, they have never sold me a viable vision.

I could go on. What I would say to Les Reid is, I never hated SISU when they landed because I new nothing about them. I wasn't over keen on the hedge fund bit, but let's give them a chance. Everything they have done since then has eroded my confidence in them. I have no faith in anything they say....that is down to them, they have created the situation around their own reputation and their relationship with the fans. We are a shadow of the club we once were.

WestEndAgro

Couldn't agree more, good points well made, the selfish, spineless six fielders make my blood boil, I've said it before and I'll say it again , they should be charged with treason
View attachment 3373

stupot07

So, basically you've become apathetic because some people don't 100% agree with your view point....ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RoboCCFC90

I understand why most hold Sisu truly responsible for the way things are and to some extent I do also but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 50/50, please see below if you're confused:

Sisu 50%
Council/ACL 20%
Brian Richardson 10%
Chris Coleman 10%
Ray Ranson 10%

All for different reasons but all should hang their heads in shame for what they have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

Well said bigfatronssba, from the heart not like that spineless lot with sore arses sitting on the fence or worse on the wrong side hurling insults over.

bigfatronssba

So, basically you've become apathetic because some people don't 100% agree with your view point....ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

No I've become apathetic because:

A) A small number of fans are preventing us from producing a united front

B) I'm sick and tired of having the minority viewpoint shoved down my neck whilst the majority go unheard.

stupot07

Well said bigfatronssba, from the heart not like that spineless lot with sore arses sitting on the fence or worse on the wrong side hurling insults over.

qy7u6ana.jpg

@richh87

Some people just like to hold the polar opposite opinion to the majority - and come on here to argue.

Personally I'm not here to argue - and just want SISU to give the club back; and know that their greed is to blame. They have no respect for the club's history, or for the supporters.

They have decimated the club's fan base.

Ask yourselves - if you wanted to cripple a football club and its future prospects how would you go about it? Probably by following their exact steps:

- Sell the decent players
- Relegate the team
- Alienate the fans by having Ricoh stewards battle with them over protest banners
- Kill off the fan base by removing the team from Coventry. Short term people lose interest, long term they don't return - and young kids never catch the bug as they aren't taken there.
- announce that the club will never return to the City of Coventry - merely nearby.
- Finally (the finishing touch), build a tiny stadium to officially complete the transition to a League 2 sized club.

I fail to see what more they could do to destroy the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

That made me chuckle.

Its the way you tell 'em.

shmmeee

No Stu. He's saying that he's apathetic because it's easier to rile yourself up against an enemy. Instead he's fighting City fans who are trying to win some kind of pseudo intellectual point.

Evevrything that happens to this club is Sisu's fault and we should be up in arms. There's been a concerted effort, probably stoked by astroturfers and paid media like Reid, to divide the fans and that causes apathy.

I knew this post would be in here and that either you, Torchy, Nick or Grendel would make it. But realise that you are doing their job of distraction, distortion and division and that ultimately it will make people just give up the fight. Endlessly being made to repeat the basic arguments over and over again, forced to defend even the most basic logic, will to that to a man.

You don't have to be able to understand it, but you should accept it.

Answer me this: what right to you have to argue with a man's feelings? And more to the point, what do you have to gain by denigrating them? Shouldn't you be worried fellow fans are feeling like this? Or will you be happy in a 2k crowd, as long as they all fit your definition of rational decision makers?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No Stu. He's saying that he's apathetic because it's easier to rile yourself up against an enemy. Instead he's fighting City fans who are trying to win some kind of pseudo intellectual point.

Evevrything that happens to this club is Sisu's fault and we should be up in arms. There's been a concerted effort, probably stoked by astroturfers and paid media like Reid, to divide the fans and that causes apathy.

I knew this post would be in here and that either you, Torchy, Nick or Grendel would make it. But realise that you are doing their job of distraction, distortion and division and that ultimately it wil make people just give up the fight. Endlessly being made to repeat the basic arguments over and over again, forced to defend even the most basic logic, will to that to a man.

Are you saying there is no astro turfing or funny business from acl on here to stir anything up?

Who needs to pay people to divide fans with threads like this?

RoboCCFC90

A) A small number of fans are preventing us from producing a united front.

The last time I checked we didn't live in a dictatorship..

bigfatronssba

The last time I checked we didn't live in a dictatorship..

Your right, and as such I said in my post that those that go are perfectly entitled to.

As we don't live in a dictatorship I am perfectly entitled to hold my opinions and beliefs about minority sections of our fanbase.

RoboCCFC90

Your right, and as such I said in my post that those that go are perfectly entitled to.

As we don't live in a dictatorship I am perfectly entitled to hold my opinions and beliefs about minority sections of our fanbase.

Of course you are, but all this "United front" rubbish will never happen everyone has opinions and options and fans will do what they want.

@richh87

I'd like to know how many people have been threatened with legal action by SISU and ordered not to disclose it.

People who were active protestors such as a Brinner suddenly went totally quiet and off the radar. Coventry Telegraph are too scared to print a word against them.

This City is famous for its fight and resolve - and look at what we've all been reduced to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
How many have been threatened with legal action from other parties and fans groups also?

bigfatronssba

How many have been threatened with legal action from other parties and fans groups also?

Classic response that sums up everything that I was trying to get across in my op.

bigfatronssba

It was a genuine question?

But does it matter?

Only one organisation owns ccfc, and as such only one organisation has a responsibility to ccfc and it's supporters.

Nick

Administrator
But does it matter?

Only one organisation owns ccfc, and as such only one organisation has a responsibility to ccfc and it's supporters.

Yes of course it matters, you are going on about people saying how blame should be down the middle, people aren't saying that. They are saying if anybody has some of the blame at all they should be held responsible also.

So you are saying it only matters if sisu do things but not other parties because they own us?

bigfatronssba

Yes of course it matters, you are going on about people saying how blame should be down the middle, people aren't saying that. They are saying if anybody has some of the blame at all they should be held responsible also.

So you are saying it only matters if sisu do things but not other parties because they own us?

Yes that is what I'm saying.

Other parties have no responsibility to ccfc or its fans.

What it seems like to me is trying to find fault with other parties to justify sisus disgusting behavior.

Nick

Administrator
Yes that is what I'm saying.

Other parties have no responsibility to ccfc or its fans.

What it seems like to me is trying to find fault with other parties to justify sisus disgusting behavior.

If only it was as simple as that.

Nobody is trying to justify anything, apart from the fact it isn't as simple as you are making out.

stupot07

A United front = 100% blaming sisu

stupot07

I knew this post would be in here and that either you, Torchy, Nick or Grendel would make it. But realise that you are doing their job of distraction, distortion and division and that ultimately it will make people just give up the fight. Endlessly being made to repeat the basic arguments over and over again, forced to defend even the most basic logic, will to that to a man.

Answer me this: what right to you have to argue with a man's feelings? And more to the point, what do you have to gain by denigrating them? Shouldn't you be worried fellow fans are feeling like this? Or will you be happy in a 2k crowd, as long as they all fit your definition of rational decision makers?

So it's not divisive to call those who go to Sixfields scabs/spineless, etc and blame them for where we are, whilst also having a go at those who are sitting on the fence?

Funny you don't have a problem with posters arguing or denigrating other mans feelings when they are being denigrated for going to Sixfields...

Am I worried? Yes and no. Other clubs have survived not too dissimilar events, we ride this out get back to the area fans will start to return.

Oh and no one wants us to be at Sixfields.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
So it's not divisive to call those who go to Sixfields scabs/spineless, etc and blame them for where we are, whilst also having a go at those who are sitting on the fence?

Exactly, if people were to go through threads they would find that most of the time the people who moan about fans being divided are often most guilty.

Godiva

Are you saying there is no astro turfing or funny business from acl on here to stir anything up?

Who needs to pay people to divide fans with threads like this?

No response to this post????

bigfatronssba

If only it was as simple as that.

Nobody is trying to justify anything, apart from the fact it isn't as simple as you are making out.

It is as simple as that.

Some of you just seem to want to go off on a pseudo intellectual tangent and try to make out how reasonable you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread