Apathy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaiskyblue

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

So all this has just increased my apathy and I suspect everyone else's.

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

View attachment 3373
spot on...

Nick

Administrator
It is as simple as that.

Some of you just seem to want to go off on a pseudo intellectual tangent and try to make out how reasonable you are.

It isn't as simple as that though is it? There are other factors (not that I am saying SISU are blameless at all).

Maybe some people just want to try and see what is happening and be realistic about things rather than aimlessly rant?

bigfatronssba

It isn't as simple as that though is it? There are other factors (not that I am saying SISU are blameless at all).

Sisu are ultimately responsible for the welfare of this club. No one else.

bigfatronssba

Anyway, this thread has gone off track.

fundamentals are, if you want to keep criticising those you don't apportion blame out to the world and its mother, if you keep harping on about the rights of the minority over the majority, if you want to go after a minor player in this whole mess, then be aware that you are pissing off the vast majority to the point that they will simply give up on the club.

Without the majority there will be no club.

What will those who "just want to watch a game of football" do then?

Nick

Administrator
Sisu are ultimately responsible for the welfare of this club. No one else.

Yes, but some things are out of their hands aren't they? I agree that all variables that are 100% under their control should be dealt with properly and they haven't been, but others are out of their hands but can still affect the club.

Nick

Administrator

fundamentals are, if you want to keep criticising those you don't apportion blame out to the world and its mother, if you keep harping on about the rights of the minority over the majority, if you want to go after a minor player in this whole mess, then be aware that you are pissing off the vast majority to the point that they will simply give up on the club.

Off track do you mean more people not 100% agreeing with you?

The "vast majority" judging by people on here will be:

Starting their own club
Going to watch other teams
Buying other teams to move to the Ricoh

bigfatronssba

Off track do you mean more people not 100% agreeing with you?

The "vast majority" judging by people on here will be:

Starting their own club
Going to watch other teams
Buying other teams to move to the Ricoh

Im just telling you what is happening. I don't care if you or anyone else disagrees with me or not.

The majority are cheesed off at not having their opinions heard, or when they are heard several posters try to rubbish and belittle their ideas (see the final bit of your post).

Nick

Administrator
How was that belittling? I just put what people will do if there was no club judging by posts on here?

There is a difference between having their opinions heard and having then 100% agreed with and being frustrated though isn't there?

You are basically saying "everybody should agree with what I say" yet moaning that opinions aren't heard.

stupot07

Im just telling you what is happening. I don't care if you or anyone else disagrees with me or not.

The majority are cheesed off at not having their opinions heard, or when they are heard several posters try to rubbish and belittle their ideas (see the final bit of your post).

Can you please clarify who the majority are, what their opinions are and who's not hearing them?

Pretty much every thread is turned into an anti sisu thread, I really don't see where you are coming from.....unless you are trying to censor the 40% that don't 100% blame sisu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Godiva

You keep on saying 'the majority'. What majority is that? Who are they?
Go to GMK and 'the majority' looks different, doesn't it?

Then you say the majority is cheesed off at not having their opinions heard. Well, I think you're right there. I know I am tired of not being able to have a reasoned debate without being shouted to silence with abuses and remarks completely off track.
So maybe you only count 'the majority' among posters on this board? But are they really 'the majority'?

Grendel

Your right, and as such I said in my post that those that go are perfectly entitled to.

As we don't live in a dictatorship I am perfectly entitled to hold my opinions and beliefs about minority sections of our fanbase.

The survey in the telegraph over 50% blamed both parties - your assertion and therefore whole post is an innacurate as it is irrelevant.

bigfatronssba

How was that belittling? I just put what people will do if there was no club judging by posts on here?

There is a difference between having their opinions heard and having then 100% agreed with and being frustrated though isn't there?

You are basically saying "everybody should agree with what I say" yet moaning that opinions aren't heard.

That's not what I'm saying at all, and I suspect you know it.

What I am saying is this constant accusation of bias against anyone who dares to hold sisu solely responsible, the constant defence of sixfields attendees against anyone who dares to suggest that they aren't all loving Mother Teresa types, the constant reminder that we must "hold all parties responsible" is driving fans away.

If you want to do all those things then fine. Its a free country and I'm not trying to suppress anyone's opinions. All I'm saying is its getting very tiresome any it will result in a club with little or no fanbase

bigfatronssba

You keep on saying 'the majority'. What majority is that? Who are they?
Go to GMK and 'the majority' looks different, doesn't it?

Then you say the majority is cheesed off at not having their opinions heard. Well, I think you're right there. I know I am tired of not being able to have a reasoned debate without being shouted to silence with abuses and remarks completely off track.
So maybe you only count 'the majority' among posters on this board? But are they really 'the majority'?

Sisu's first game in charge: 19.5k spectators.

Most recent "home" game: 1.5k spectators.

bigfatronssba

The survey in the telegraph over 50% blamed both parties - your assertion and therefore whole post is an innacurate as it is irrelevant.

No it didnt

Nick

Administrator
That's not what I'm saying at all, and I suspect you know it.

What I am saying is this constant accusation of bias against anyone who dares to hold sisu solely responsible, the constant defence of sixfields attendees against anyone who dares to suggest that they aren't all loving Mother Teresa types, the constant reminder that we must "hold all parties responsible" is driving fans away.

If you want to do all those things then fine. Its a free country and I'm not trying to suppress anyone's opinions. All I'm saying is its getting very tiresome any it will result in a club with little or no fanbase

So people who dare to disagree with you?

Godiva

Ah, so 'the majority' is defined as those who do not attend games at sixfields?

stupot07

The current attendance is unacceptable, however shmmeees graph shows the crowds slowly returning to normal championship levels after the 'new stadium' effect. Their first full season in charge, renewed optimism, good signings,etc was 2k down on their first game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

There is no evidence its a majority. As usual you are telling lies to divide supporters.

The other week you said you couldnt care if while at a temporary home the club were relegated. That in my view is someone who does not care about the long term of the club and whose myopic hatred distorts his thought processes.

dongonzalos

Recent thread about apathy in the city to our situation has got me thinking. I myself am becoming apathetic to the whole situation, and its not all to do with playing in Northampton. Its to do with our local media and a small section of our fans who seem to lack the stomach for a fight.

To be honest, once this idea come about that I had to hold the council equally responsible for this mess it made me apathetic.

To apportion 50% of the blame to one side for setting the rent slightly too high, against a regime who has pretty much destroyed the club is wrong imo.

I know some of you want to blame each party 50/50, but I just don't see it that way. So after a while I simply have to stop caring, as all I can see is politically correct nonsense about not offending the wrong side. Classic example of this was the recent post about having Tim Fisher masks at certain away games. About 3 posts into the thread it was brought up that unless there were Ann Lucas masks as well then it was being biased. Well of course were f*cking biased! One side set rent slightly too high, the other has destroyed our club!. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to see who the real culprit is!

What summed up this spinless attitude perfectly was Les Reid on twitter describing anyone who held sisu solely responsible for playing in Northampton as "rabid anti sisu". He meant it as an insult. Well I suppose its true as I hate the bastards. But we are told that even those attending Sixfields hate sisu, so was Les describing 100% of the fanbase?

So all this has just increased my apathy and I suspect everyone else's.

The overwhelming majority of fans hold sisu solely responsible, yet the local media, the Trust, GMK, and several prominent posters on here are determined to "hold both parties equally responsible". Well I'm sorry but its time you were told that the majority don't see it like that, and its these attitudes which are causing me to lose interest and give up on the club I had supported since a child. Give us a good old sisu out protest and I will be back on the sky blue bandwagon, but I am sick and tired of this pussy footing around making sure we don't offend someone.

Its the same principle of those that attend Sixfields. If you want to go then fine. But accept the responsibility of your actions and admit that you are inadvertently supporting the move. I don't really care anymore who I offend by saying that, as the survival of CCFC takes president to a few selfish people who cant go without seeing a game of football for a weekend. So go if you want, as you so often say "its your right to go", however its also my right to regard you as a supporter of the move.

So if you want to carry on going round in circles trying to "equally place blame on both parties" then do it. However you will just be pissing off the majority fans to the point that they no longer care, whilst letting the pantomime villains who have stolen your club off scot free.

I will just finish my rant with a picture of the front page of the Newcastle Chronicle, explaining what a football club means to Mike Ashley. Can you imagine the Coventry Telegraph producing such a headline? Whats more, can you imagine the hysteria on here and GMK if they did have this and the very next day not have a headline criticising the council?

View attachment 3373

To be fair very few people want to blame the council and ACL
Even those who were more staunchly blaming them have started to see the light.

When you here a interview like the one by Mr Labovitch on Friday. If that dies not make realise what is going in nothing will

Nick

Administrator
To be fair very few people want to blame the council and ACL
Even those who were more staunchly blaming them have started to see the light.

When you here a interview like the one by Mr Labovitch on Friday. If that dies not make realise what is going in nothing will

On the other hand people are starting to back down from their mega anti sisu views too

bigfatronssba

The normal suspects round on a majority viewpoint yet again.

Sums up perfectly what I was daring to suggest.

dongonzalos

Is it so wrong to be proud of the council/ACL
for the actions they have taken so far.

Firstly the council saving the Ricoh deal when it was about to fail.
Then offering the club a sliding scale rent dependant on league and attendances which was rejected.

If the rumours are true after years of regression under SISU when faced with owners not paying their bills. Making an attempt to take the situation head on that hopefully would have led to new owners.

Then standing up to an administration process that was in their opinion flaws. Surely the easy thing to do would be accept the administration decision. Getting the money back and not looking like the bad guy when the points deduction occurs. Instead they stood their ground protesting against a flawed process.

Despite all this and lots of provocation they have made various offers to get the club back. Including a temporary rent free offer.

Now with all this pressure surely the easiest thing to do would be to crumble to whatever SISU demand. Yet they are still prepared to fight it out and not be bullied by a moraless hedge fund.

Some of their decisions have affected me personally in a negative way, yet I can't help taking my hat off to them and feel proud that little Coventry Council and a local charity are prepared to take on a global hedge fund.

Yes I do believe you can have it all support your team, support your council and do not want your clubs owners to stick around.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The normal suspects round on a majority viewpoint yet again.

Sums up perfectly what I was daring to suggest.
Daring to suggest what? People daring to disagree with your opinion?

You keep moaning that people's opinions aren't heard but moaning when people post this, mainly because they differ to yours.

dongonzalos

I am also very proud of Coventry fans who are not contrary to the minority view fickle and poor. They are awesome like our council and deserve better

dongonzalos

On the other hand people are starting to back down from their mega anti sisu views too

To be honest I am noticing more people becoming more frustrated with SISU.
People were rightly presuming there was more to it. SISU had a master plan and all was going to be explained. That success for the club means success for SISU so no matter what they do it will benefit the club

They now realise that that us not the case. What benefits SISU does not necessarily benefit the club.

The small minority is getting smaller by the day

bigfatronssba

Daring to suggest what? People daring to disagree with your opinion?

You keep moaning that people's opinions aren't heard but moaning when people post this, mainly because they differ to yours.

As I've said a million times on this thread already people are entitled to their own opinion.

However this myth that all sides are responsible (presented as fact, not opinion) is alienating the majority who will simply walk away.

Nick

Administrator
As I've said a million times on this thread already people are entitled to their own opinion.

However this myth that all sides are responsible (presented as fact, not opinion) is alienating the majority who will simply walk away.

So people will walk away from their club because other people think different things?

If you think acl are awesome and totally blameless and anything else is opinion then that is up to you, but don't whinge when people disagree.

stupot07

By the same token, you saying it is a Myth does not make it a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread