America (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

When I was at Cardinal Newman you used to see one of our teachers running to the Bell every lunchtime

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bugsy

skybluetony176

It's all a distraction, America is going down the pan due to an inept government.
Passed an important bill yesterday that no one expected them to do in a million years and one of the reasons we’re seeing rising costs in this country is because the dollar is strong at the moment, especially against the pound which is driving the cost everything up but most notably fuel. He might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he’s making strides on the previous administration. Which I would agree is probably more of a measure of Trump than it is Biden.

CCFCSteve

Passed an important bill yesterday that no one expected them to do in a million years and one of the reasons we’re seeing rising costs in this country is because the dollar is strong at the moment, especially against the pound which is driving the cost everything up but most notably fuel. He might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he’s making strides on the previous administration. Which I would agree is probably more of a measure of Trump than it is Biden.

He’s tried to do some good stuff and his support of Ukraine has been strong but I’ll reserve judgement on his overall performance. For example the strong dollar has been caused mainly by the Fed needing to raise rates aggressively. This is because of the demand led* inflation they’ve got, caused in large part by them sending out Covid cheques to almost everyone, even people who were employed on good salaries so didn’t necessarily need it. So people being paid a full salary and can’t spend it because they’re in lockdown, received thousands ! What’s going to happen when they can spend it ?!!! Yep and prices then went through the roof. Crazy. They’ve now got half of America doing great, while the poorer half being fucked by inflation and rising rates pricing them out of buying homes and higher credit costs

Also as they’ve raised rates aggressively, dollar has strengthened as you say, this has fucked other countries who have to buy oil etc in dollars. Thanks Joe

Having said that, even with the above shitstorm he’s still probably a better/safer choice than Trump. They might be in recession but their economy is probably in better shape than ours/Europes

*also some post Covid supply issues but it’s far more demand led than Europe inflation

skybluetony176

It's all a distraction, America is going down the pan due to an inept government.
Report just out on the growth of world trade also shows US exports grew by $17B in the first quarter of this year. As a yardstick our exports shrank by a billion in the first quarter.

Not sure what you’re using to decide that they’re going down the pan but they’re doing significantly better than us and we’re run by a government that sings from your hymn sheet.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Christ. Surely if he has them he's going down?
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And his idiotic followers will provide them.
He should be in jail.
To think we've had roasters on this forum Linking info wars and quoting him in the past, deary me.
Sadly I think you're right.

Though knowing him he'll keep the donations for himself. Which will hopefully then put him in jail.

He's America's Farage, only far more dangerous.

Though to be honest it was a pleasant surprise as when I saw this thread had been bumped my instant reaction was "where's the shooting been this time"

clint van damme

Sadly I think you're right.

Though knowing him he'll keep the donations for himself. Which will hopefully then put him in jail.

He's America's Farage, only far more dangerous.

Though to be honest it was a pleasant surprise as when I saw this thread had been bumped my instant reaction was "where's the shooting been this time"

That's what I thought whenI saw the thread bumped.
As for Jones, he's far worse than Farage, he really is that bad.

Brighton Sky Blue

And his idiotic followers will provide them.
He should be in jail.
To think we've had roasters on this forum Linking info wars and quoting him in the past, deary me.

It says a fair bit about that country that his first tangle with the law was actually for selling those 'health supplements' he pushes on his website, as opposed to claiming that Hillary Clinton was running a paedo ring in a Washington DC pizza shop

JAM See

Strange legal system, America.

It's like when they sentence somebody to 300 years in jail.

He hasn't got a billion dollars.

I accept it's symbolic, but what are they going to do when he can't pay?

clint van damme

It says a fair bit about that country that his first tangle with the law was actually for selling those 'health supplements' he pushes on his website, as opposed to claiming that Hillary Clinton was running a paedo ring in a Washington DC pizza shop

Fairly sure a worker in the shop got shot, not fatally, as a result.

Brighton Sky Blue

shmmeee

Strange legal system, America.

It's like when they sentence somebody to 300 years in jail.

He hasn't got a billion dollars.

I accept it's symbolic, but what are they going to do when he can't pay?

Arent most of these types of awards brought down on appeal?

Hell file for bankruptcy id guess.

chiefdave

Arent most of these types of awards brought down on appeal?

Hell file for bankruptcy id guess.
this is his second such case isn't it and there's at least one more to go I think. If he tries to declare bankruptcy I hope they go after him and get all the money he's no doubt got hidden away in case something like this happened. What a vile man.

No doubt he will be asking people to chip in.

Sky Blue Pete

Putting to one side if you agree with the death penalty or not isn't it all a bit pointless even as a deterrent if you can kill 17 people and not be sentenced to death?

It doesn’t have any effect as a deterrent. The only grounds it’s merited is on saved money and that’s pretty morally bankrupt for me

Users who are viewing this thread