America (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

The biggest problem America has in regards to guns is culture ..you'd imagine trying to remove them would create a civil war tbh .. it has to be a slow drawn out process over probably several decades to change the culture.

chiefdave

America really is a mess. Know a few people out there, some that live in pretty redneck areas, but at the moment they are all genuinely scared and wondering if there is a way for them to get out of the country.

Where they go from here who knows. The Supreme Court seems to have abandoned separation of church and state, where does that end up?

Brighton Sky Blue

America really is a mess. Know a few people out there, some that live in pretty redneck areas, but at the moment they are all genuinely scared and wondering if there is a way for them to get out of the country.

Where they go from here who knows. The Supreme Court seems to have abandoned separation of church and state, where does that end up?

Well they’d be violating the first amendment.

SBT

Now at least five people killed at a Fourth of July parade in Illinois

It’s just becoming a miserable place to live

shmmeee

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Fucking hell. Looks like somebody just sniping random people from the top of the building.

David O'Day

A 4th of July Parade that had loads of cops etc there, but hey you know they say about good guys with guns? They shit themselves and refuse to enter the room?

stay_up_skyblues

We were planning on taking the kids for their first time next year but I don’t think I can. The Vegas mass shooting literally months after me and the wife stayed in the hotel next door was a worry. But since then it just seems to be every day. Place has seriously gone to shit.

Sick Boy

We’re hoping to go to NY (3rd time lucky) in September - can’t say I’m particularly looking forward to it now.

dutchman

They're useless for so-called 'self defence' as well.

All they give is a false sense of security which makes someone more likely to wander into a dangerous situation.

Last I read 80% of cops who were killed on duty were killed with their own weapon, just one reason why British police prefer not to carry them.

Sick Boy

They're useless for so-called 'self defence' as well.

All they give is a false sense of security which makes someone more likely to wander into a dangerous situation.

Last I read 80% of cops who were killed on duty were killed with their own weapon, just one reason why British police prefer not to carry them.
It’s amazing that a large proportion of its population is so brainwashed around it all.

clint van damme

I see they managed to arrest the heavily armed white loonytunes murderer without firing a shot.......

......maybe those cops should hold a training day to show its not always necessary to shoot an (unarmed) suspect 60 times.....

Didn't take him to burger King though, lawsuit incoming.

TomRad85

It's the fact they won't even try and walk it back a bit that's staggering. It's actually vaguely logical for someone living in certain parts of the country to say 'I think I should have access to a pistol of some sort as I walk around areas where there are grizzly bears in the woods.' (Completely illogical if you live in a city)
But the fact that civilians have easy access to machine guns, I can't get my head around. Madness.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's the fact they won't even try and walk it back a bit that's staggering. It's actually vaguely logical for someone living in certain parts of the county to say 'I think I should have access to a pistol of some sort as I walk around areas where there are grizzly bears in the woods.' (Completely illogical if you live in a city)
But the fact that civilians have easy access to machine guns, I can't get my head around. Madness.

You'd think they could at least say guns are not permitted within urban areas. But instead in some areas (I think people can guess which) they're more likely to make open carry a policy, so you could walk down the street with a machine gun strapped across your shoulder and a semi in your hand and that'd be perfectly legal. It's utter, utter madness.

clint van damme

And most (sane) people thought the notion of teachers carrying guns was just a daft soundbite...

Then when one of them shoots a kid the pupils will be allowed to carry guns, and then when a pupil shoots a teacher they'll be an armed security guard in a gun turret in every class then when one of them shoots someone...........and so on, and so on.

TomRad85

Then when one of them shoots a kid the pupils will be allowed to carry guns, and then when a pupil shoots a teacher they'll be an armed security guard in a gun turret in every class then when one of them shoots someone...........and so on, and so on.
Sharks with frickin lasers attached to their heads in every classroom.

Users who are viewing this thread