America (4 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

It doesn’t have any effect as a deterrent. The only grounds it’s merited is on saved money and that’s pretty morally bankrupt for me
Doesn't work in that respect either, costs USA a fortune to keep people on death row, and they have lots of checks in there to make absolutely sure they're not executing the wrong person... which then costs money too.

Let's face it, if you're a nutter who wants to kill two dozen people with a firearm, what happens to you afterwards is probably low on your list of considerations!

wingy

Musk what a Pratt!!
Unless you want to support a megalomaniac nutjob and his ilk who infect the site with hate you should consider divesting yourselves of it.
Pay for it?
Pillock!!

chiefdave

Musk what a Pratt!!
Unless you want to support a megalomaniac nutjob and his ilk who infect the site with hate you should consider divesting yourselves of it.
Pay for it?
Pillock!!
looks like about 50% of the workforce will turn up for work today to find out they can't get into the building and / or can't access their laptops anymore. nice way of finding out you've been fired.

skybluetony176

looks like about 50% of the workforce will turn up for work today to find out they can't get into the building and / or can't access their laptops anymore. nice way of finding out you've been fired.
I think it’s worse than that. They’ve all been told to stay at home and await an email to tell them if the have a job or not.

David O'Day

how did musk get so "rich" when he is shit at business and shit at running said businesses?

David O'Day

Obviously clever tecjnically, wasn't it Paypal that made him his money in the first lace? Tesla being first to market has helped, but they'll die soon enough if they don't sort their quality control.
he is seemingly in violation of california law that means any employer with more than 75 employers has to give 60 days notice for any lay off of 50 or more people

find is $500 per employee per day

tisza

how did musk get so "rich" when he is shit at business and shit at running said businesses?
Engineering genius and obviously highly talented but seems to bring an arrogance that he is an expert on everything. Recent statements on Taiwan and Ukraine other examples of being out of his depth in other areas.
Think he has overreached himself on this Twitter deal. It's going to shed users and advertiser's if he lets it become a free-for-all.

chiefdave

I think it’s worse than that. They’ve all been told to stay at home and await an email to tell them if the have a job or not.
shit isn't it. if you've still got a job you'll get a mail to your company email, if you haven't you'll get one to your personal email as they'll have locked you out. I'm sure they've got up to date personal emails for all their employees so there's bound to be nothing that goes wrong.
Having rich parents probably helped.

skybluetony176

shit isn't it. if you've still got a job you'll get a mail to your company email, if you haven't you'll get one to your personal email as they'll have locked you out. I'm sure they've got up to date personal emails for all their employees so there's bound to be nothing that goes wrong.

Having rich parents probably helped.
The ones he sacks want to club together and start up an alternate to twitter. People are turning away from twitter already because of his antics, if the people who grew it, maintained it, serviced it, did the marketing for it etc etc set up an alternative you’ve got to think they’d be able to give it a good shot given their experience and know how.

David O'Day

Engineering genius and obviously highly talented but seems to bring an arrogance that he is an expert on everything. Recent statements on Taiwan and Ukraine other examples of being out of his depth in other areas.
Think he has overreached himself on this Twitter deal. It's going to shed users and advertiser's if he lets it become a free-for-all.
tesla are fucked as well if he doesn't sort them out

Frank Sidebottom

he is seemingly in violation of california law that means any employer with more than 75 employers has to give 60 days notice for any lay off of 50 or more people

find is $500 per employee per day
About $120m then? Not a great deal when you're worth over $200b. comparative to a speeding fine or parking ticket to the average person.

David O'Day

About $120m then? Not a great deal when you're worth over $200b. comparative to a speeding fine or parking ticket to the average person.
but bad for twitter when that is not too much less than the blue ticket fee will bring and most of his "wealth" is tied up in stocks of money losing companies.

fan boy are you?

shmmeee

Hes not. He hires smart people and puts his face on their work. Basically just got lucky in the dotcom bubble. Most of his ideas go nowhere, like hyperlink and ASD in cars.

SBT

Not a great night for the Republicans in the midterm elections - various Trump-friendly candidates all failing to win, one week before he’s supposedly announcing a run in 2024. And the biggest Republican win so far has been Ron DeSantis…

Brighton Sky Blue

Not a great night for the Republicans in the midterm elections - various Trump-friendly candidates all failing to win, one week before he’s supposedly announcing a run in 2024. And the biggest Republican win so far has been Ron DeSantis…

Or Ron DeSanctimonius, as Agent Orange quipped recently.

shmmeee

Cant follow it at all, all sounds Greek to me.

I think the Reps have won but not by as much as expected and MAGA candidates took a beating. Is that right?

Generally only bothered for Ukraine support and climate change so hopefully that’s goodish news?

chiefdave

I think the Reps have won but not by as much as expected and MAGA candidates took a beating. Is that right?
That's pretty much it I think. Guess it's similar to when we have local elections in the middle of a parliamentary term, its generally expected the opposition does well but that doesn't necessarily translate to the next general election.

Seems the Republicans were expected to do far far better than they have and the complete failure of the Trump supporting candidates has to put a huge doubt over his plan to run again. Which seemed a bit of a stretch to start off with

David O'Day

Generally only bothered for Ukraine support and climate change so hopefully that’s goodish news?
No one knows yet Dems could hold both houses yet, senate more likely than house and house if the reps won't only be by a handful of seats

Still a long way to go in counting votes by Biden has done better than Clinton and Obama did at their first midterms

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In a way I'm happy. Usually midterms tend to see a hefty defeat for the party of the incumbent president but it's not been that bad. And Biden has hardly been incredible.

On the bad side, should the Reps win either of the houses that's pretty much going to be no legislation for the next two years - they'll block everything. Then say how useless a president Biden is for not getting anything done...

shmmeee

In a way I'm happy. Usually midterms tend to see a hefty defeat for the party of the incumbent president but it's not been that bad. And Biden has hardly been incredible.

On the bad side, should the Reps win either of the houses that's pretty much going to be no legislation for the next two years - they'll block everything. Then say how useless a president Biden is for not getting anything done...

Dunno if accurate but saw a comment it was the best midterms for an incumbent since Bush in 2002, right in the middle of 9/11 rally round the flag mania.

skybluetony176

Apparently Trump has now labelled Fox News as fake news following them reporting the failure of the Republican wave. FOX NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

shmmeee

Apparently Trump has now labelled Fox News as fake news following them reporting the failure of the Republican wave. FOX NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

That’s old news. He turned against Fox during his presidency. I forget the random no name news channel he endorsed instead.

ajsccfc

" Jones now admits the attack in which 20 children and six adults were killed on 14 December 2012 was "100% real". "

Ah well he's learned his lesson, let him off with a slap on the wrist and a 'boys will be boys' shrug.

It's immensely satisfying to see these absolute ghouls face some consequences, as rare as it still is

Users who are viewing this thread