America (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

"Virginia state Senator L. Louise Lucas, also a Democrat, added that she was "absolutely heartbroken".
She wrote on Twitter: "I will not rest until we find the solutions to end this gun violence epidemic in our country.""

She's going to be awake for a long time, nobody's ever going to do a thing about it

chiefdave

Seems like the Colorado shooter had previous, of course this is America so something like this is no barrier to buying firearms. How is someone like this allowed to own a gun? It just seems beyond belief that there's a group of people in America that see no problem with him being able to walk into a store and buy a deadly weapon.

According to a press release posted online last year by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to a report of a bomb threat on Rubicon Drive in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood of Colorado Springs, just south of the city's airport, on the afternoon of June 18, 2021. A woman had called, saying "her son was threatening to cause harm to her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition," the sheriff's office said. She was not at home at the time and was not sure where her son was.

Deputies were deployed to the woman's home and realized that the suspect -- identified as then-21-year-old Anderson Lee Aldrich -- was actually at another residence on Pilgrimage Road, about a mile away. They contacted Aldrich by telephone and he "refused to comply with orders to surrender," the sheriff's office said.

A tactical support unit was called in and approximately 10 homes in the immediate surrounding area were evacuated, while an emergency notification was sent to cellphones of residents within a quarter-mile radius, according to the sheriff's office.

A crisis negotiations unit ultimately was able to get Aldrich to comply with orders. He walked out the front door of the home and was taken into custody that evening, officials said. The regional explosives unit then cleared both residences and did not find any explosive devices, the sheriff's office said.

Mr Panda

Don't think this Walmart shooting even popped up as a top news story on my phone - Kind of tells you all you need to know about that country

SBT

I wonder if now it’s foreign people with the guns the right will change their mind on gun control…
Didn’t change their minds after San Bernardino.

There’s so little known about the Monterey Park shooting that it’s hard to say if there’s any connection with these latest two, beyond the age and ethnicity of the shooters. The second one appears to be a workplace argument.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

All fat arrogant wankers. In my humble......

• Poo
Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn’t change their minds after San Bernardino.

There’s so little known about the Monterey Park shooting that it’s hard to say if there’s any connection with these latest two, beyond the age and ethnicity of the shooters. The second one appears to be a workplace argument.

Or Orlando. Which I recall Sky News trying to argue wasn’t a hate crime despite it targeting a gay nightclub.

Users who are viewing this thread