Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

A question, could Biamou be on the move, I know he has just signed a new deal but I did hear a while back a move back to France could happen, took no notice so didn’t put it on here as I thought it was just idle gossip but you never know

Liquid Gold

What I would say is, if Max is absent, we have no target man (as JCH isn't one)
The thing is we need a quicker goalscoring type now. JCH isn't the same as Biamou but he can step up and do a similar job. If we bring in this fella then we've got JCh behind Biamou behind Bakayoko and only Hiwula who can possibly do the other role. That doesn't add up. If this is the only attacker we're planning on bringing in then I think Robins has misjudged what we need to do.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is we need a quicker goalscoring type now. JCH isn't the same as Biamou but he can step up and do a similar job. If we bring in this fella then we've got JCh behind Biamou behind Bakayoko and only Hiwula who can possibly do the other role. That doesn't add up. If this is the only attacker we're planning on bringing in then I think Robins has misjudged what we need to do.

4-3-3 with Biamou, Bakayoka and JCH up front.

Sky Blue Harry H

Biamous contract extension has to some tie in to promotion and was written in - there’s no logic otherwise

Hopefully some club has spotted his immense potential - I’ll drive him there myself - not that this guys record looks any better.

Hedging you bets with the final comment Grendel. I'm a Max fan - he improved markedly as last season progressed. Always want the team to improve, and don't know enough about Bakayoko to comment on him. If he can stay on his feet and hold the ball up, he'll be an improvement (to date) on JCH. Do agree that we need a nippy player, and I still feel Ponticelli is the best current finisher at the club.

Perryccfc

Having looked at the YouTube clips i think he looks a decent player (I know clips don't tell the full story). He doesn't look like the target man type like Max or JCH at all, he looks more of an advanced wide player to me, playing down either flank, and the clips show him tracking back and making tackles. At 22 years old he looks a prospect.

CCFC88

If it is 1 in 1 out, either JCH or Biamou (not much between them for me), MR will only be entertaining if he sees it as an upgrade.

I'm sure he's seen more of all three than any of us so trust his judgement. Shouldn't effect any desire he has for the "Chaplin mould" player we are still waiting for if this is the case.

There could easily be a situation where Bakayoko and "Chaplin mould" come in, JCH/Biamou is sold and Ponti goes out on loan. This would be ideal for me.

Liquid Gold

If it is 1 in 1 out, either JCH or Biamou (not much between them for me), MR will only be entertaining if he sees it as an upgrade.

I'm sure he's seen more of all three than any of us so trust his judgement. Shouldn't effect any desire he has for the "Chaplin mould" player we are still waiting for if this is the case.

There could easily be a situation where Bakayoko and "Chaplin mould" come in, JCH/Biamou is sold and Ponti goes out on loan. This would be ideal for me.
But the priority has to be the "chaplin mould" player. The window closes in a couple of days and we're spending our time chasing a player similar to those we already have who may or may not be an upgrade.

CCFC88

But the priority has to be the "chaplin mould" player. The window closes in a couple of days and we're spending our time chasing a player similar to those we already have who may or may not be an upgrade.
Of course, but I'm sure MR or any football manager pursues more than one target at a time, some transfers move quicker than others, this one seems relatively easy in that the club don't want the player, they've accepted 2 bids and now the player decides.
If you offered MR the choice between securing Chaplin or Bakayoko he would pick Chaplin but that's not how things work in reality.

Perryccfc

He's not a target man, watch the clips and count how many headers he wins! He's a relatively pacy striker who looks to prefer running the channels.

sylus

We need a striker who is going to score 20+ a season,not 20+ his career,if Robins gets this guy in,he needs his head testing,going by his stats this guy is NEVER a striker.

Skyblueweeman

A question, could Biamou be on the move, I know he has just signed a new deal but I did hear a while back a move back to France could happen, took no notice so didn’t put it on here as I thought it was just idle gossip but you never know

Maybe a swap deal and he's off to Poland.

Kingokings204

Imagine though, jones and huwalla running with this guy in the middle and andrue as the playmaker.

Doyle and Ogogo holding the middle.

I like this signing personally.

Sky Blue Harry H

We need a striker who is going to score 20+ a season,not 20+ his career,if Robins gets this guy in,he needs his head testing,going by his stats this guy is NEVER a striker.

And another 'positive' post from Sylus

Gint11

Have to say I’m baffled with the re-signing of JCH. Happy for him to prove me wrong but his all round game isn’t that brilliant and I’m not quite sure what his strengths are[/QUOTE

I agree with this. I don’t rate JCH that much either. I wouldn’t have resigned him. I could see robins bringing him in to have a extra body in the squad that he knew he could get really.

Ashdown

Can't agree more, we need a cool head in front of goal, not another provider.

sylus

Tbh for a striker we can only go by his goal scoring record to date for other clubs and like someone mentioned on here,his is woeful,he cannot be our 20+ goal scorer so i would expect another arrrival,however if this was Robins last signing,then i would seriously question his sanity.

Telfer85

He's not a target man, watch the clips and count how many headers he wins! He's a relatively pacy striker who looks to prefer running the channels.

Couldn’t agree with this quote more in fact he looks more like a McNulty esq player but taller.seems to have a lot of movement off the ball a bit of skill and fairly quick. Certainly not a big lump of a forward that most 6ft 4 are. He certainly looks different to jch and biamou. Granted I’ve not seen him play and only going on YouTube and when I’ve seen highlights on the telly but don’t think we should write him off before he’s kicked a ball.

mark82

Tbh for a striker we can only go by his goal scoring record to date for other clubs and like someone mentioned on here,his is woeful,he cannot be our 20+ goal scorer so i would expect another arrrival,however if this was Robins last signing,then i would seriously question his sanity.

He's 22. Maybe Walsall don't play a style that suits him. Maybe he has all the raw attributes but not quite put it all together yet.

Otis

Couldn’t agree with this quote more in fact he looks more like a McNulty esq player but taller.seems to have a lot of movement off the ball a bit of skill and fairly quick. Certainly not a big lump of a forward that most 6ft 4 are. He certainly looks different to jch and biamou. Granted I’ve not seen him play and only going on YouTube and when I’ve seen highlights on the telly but don’t think we should write him off before he’s kicked a ball.
Why not? It's what we do best.

harvey098

Have to say I’m baffled with the re-signing of JCH. Happy for him to prove me wrong but his all round game isn’t that brilliant and I’m not quite sure what his strengths are

Grendel says he’s good at backing into defenders

Users who are viewing this thread