Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I feel the same 100% just wonder were we tied into it as part of the loan would it have cost more to break the contract

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wasn't the JCH stuff agreed in the January?

SkyBlueCRJ

Another thing MR will be considering. At the end of Biamou's 3 year contract he'll be 30. In 3 years time Bakayoko will be 25. He seems to fit in with our 'transfer policy' far more than Biamou does...

Nick

Administrator
Another thing MR will be considering. At the end of Biamou's 3 year contract he'll be 30. In 3 years time Bakayoko will be 25. He seems to fit in with our 'transfer policy' far more than Biamou does...

Thats in 3 years though, spending 6 figures on a player for the future is a fair whack while we need a chaplin type up front.

Grendel

Biamous contract extension has to some tie in to promotion and was written in - there’s no logic otherwise

Hopefully some club has spotted his immense potential - I’ll drive him there myself - not that this guys record looks any better.

Terry_dactyl

Have to say I’m baffled with the re-signing of JCH. Happy for him to prove me wrong but his all round game isn’t that brilliant and I’m not quite sure what his strengths are
I agree. It keeps being mentioned that he’s a ‘target man’ but I don’t think he wins much in the air. I’ve seen him play well but I’m not sure he suits playing as a lone striker.
Again, I may be wrong...

SkyBlueCRJ

Thats in 3 years though, spending 6 figures on a player for the future is a fair whack while we need a chaplin type up front.

Like I said it's only guess work on my end as I think it's just as bizarre as you - I'm more than happy with having Biamou at the club. The only explanation for it is MR considers Bakayoko better than what we already have. But we work on a 1 in 1 out policy most of the time, so given what I've heard about Biamou attracting interest from clubs in League One and League Two earlier in the window....well as the saying goes, if the shoe fits.

Nick

Administrator
I agree. It keeps being mentioned that he’s a ‘target man’ but I don’t think he wins much in the air. I’ve seen him play well but I’m not sure he suits playing as a lone striker.
Again, I may be wrong...

He is better in the channels, if you put him one on one running towards the corner flag he usually shoulder barges the defender and wins it.

However if he is on his own he wins it there and has nobody to tap it square to put it in.

SkyBlueCRJ

Biamous contract extension has to some tie in to promotion and was written in - there’s no logic otherwise

Hopefully some club has spotted his immense potential - I’ll drive him there myself - not that this guys record looks any better.

Good point. Given the age of Kelly and Biamou I was baffled at the length of their extensions when in the past we have only given such contracts to real prospects. E.g. Stevenson, Jones and Ponti. Has to have been a promotion clause.

Esoterica

Imagine if we sold Biamou. Would people be angry or relieved?
Neither, if it's to fund an upgraded lone striker I'd be fine with it. There are parts of his game that he needs to continue developing at similar rates to last season to get to L1 lone target man level, he doesn't like playing as a lone striker and I don't really think it suits his game either. Needed another season in L2 or to play in a front 2 in L1 to maintain progress I feel.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Imagine if we sold Biamou. Would people be angry or relieved?

That's a really interesting question.

I think he's a really decent player and is good in a team, but you cannot play him as a lone striker.

He needs to play behind a main striker, but with Andreu in the team you can only pick one of them. I struggle therefore to see where Biamou sits in the team at the moment. Play him up top and we will be fighting relegation.

Liquid Gold

I just don't get this one. We don't need a target man and even if we did, and were still in league 2, his record doesn't suggest he's the answer to anything.

SkyBlueCRJ

Knowing what I know about Bristol Rovers, they probably won't be able to offer the same wages as us - shocking I know! Heard from a reliable source that a number of staff, including current and former directors, are unhappy with how the club is run due to the false promises their owners make regarding budgets. Including the playing budget.

jordan210

I hope this isn't true. We need a small nippy striker not a 6.4 foot one.

Also his scoring recored is poor. Im not normally disappointed by signing but this really isn't what we need.

Mucca Mad Boys

What a stupid fee to pay for such an unimpressive player

Not really, got 9 in 47 last season which isn’t bad. At 22 has a lot of developing to do and perhaps Robins and his team have seen something he can add to the team.

Some supporters have got to look at the bigger picture and wait and see how things pan out before criticising the policy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I just don't get this one. We don't need a target man and even if we did, and were still in league 2, his record doesn't suggest he's the answer to anything.

Not only that, but we seem to be doing everything apart from trying to get a replacement for McNulty - which was the biggest problem this transfer window.

As it stands we will have an abundance of non-scoring strikers, and eleventy billion central midfielders.

Sky Blue Harry H

What a stupid fee to pay for such an unimpressive player

Mr Positivity strikes again. We have obviously been watching him previously (Widdrington days - hence Bristol Rovers interest). I haven't seen him play a lot - don't know if you have? Please come on here and say some positive things for a change. Rise together, not 'stay down in the dumps forever' If he ends up as one of ours at least it will give you another stick with which to beat the manager. Enjoy

CCFC_Charlie

Mr Positivity strikes again. We have obviously been watching him previously (Widdrington days - hence Bristol Rovers interest). I haven't seen him play a lot - don't know if you have? Please come on here and say some positive things for a change. Rise together, not 'stay down in the dumps forever'
Must have missed my posts on Saturday evening when I was very complementary of Ogogo, Andreu and Bayliss after their impressive performances vs. Scunthorpe. Or my posts say I was encouraged by our performance and thought we played well if not a bit too naive. It’s ok though, I’ll let you off.

Sky Blue Harry H

What I would say is, if Max is absent, we have no target man (as JCH isn't one)

Sky Blue Harry H

Must have missed my posts on Saturday evening when I was very complementary of Ogogo, Andreu and Bayliss after their impressive performances vs. Scunthorpe. Or my posts say I was encouraged by our performance and thought we played well if not a bit too naive. It’s ok though, I’ll let you off.

All forgiven then - no harm done - keep with the positivity !! Oh, you can have a sorry too!!

Sky Blue Pete

Late developer though having finished degree

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What I would say is, if Max is absent, we have no target man (as JCH isn't one)

To be honest I don't think we always need to play with one. We have enough passers in the team with Bayliss, Kelly, and Andreu. We don't have to play that League 2 style football anymore.

As I have said, I don't even think Biamou or JCH fit in the team anyway. We are missing the right type of striker right now so this just seems extremely baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread