Albany Meeting ? (2 Viewers)

ccfctommy

Doing what shit?

Whats the point in getting together to work out a plan to get CCFC to stay at the Ricoh and then just boycott it anyway. It's like the people who are boycotting now being outraged at the thought of not playing in Coventry.

All of it.

It's a bit like Brexit. Debated every fucking day on the radio, tv etc. Twitter. It slowly wears you down. On the 28th of January 2020 will there be another Trust meeting at the Albany about our impending one year deal running out? If we stay at the Ricoh it needs to be for medium term at least.

ccfcway

Agree.

"what can possibly get SISU to drop legals"
"what can possibly get wasps to let us stay"
"who has power / clout / influence over either"
"who can we persuade the easiest to get the outcome of ccfc staying"

etc.

"what can possibly get SISU to drop legals" - Giving them the ricoh.
"what can possibly get wasps to let us stay" - dropping legals, as they mean they may have to sell the ricoh and are concerned about their investment / debt
"who has power / clout / influence over either" - the judges
"who can we persuade the easiest to get the outcome of ccfc staying" - the judges

Nick

Administrator
All of it.

It's a bit like Brexit. Debated every fucking day on the radio, tv etc. Twitter. It slowly wears you down. On the 28th of January 2020 will there be another Trust meeting at the Albany about our impending one year deal running out? If we stay at the Ricoh it needs to be for medium term at least.

Yeah it's tiring but when it's matchday it's business as usual.....

rob9872

Why is DJ even there? He wont go to the Ricoh even if we get a new deal. He has a single agenda to remove SISU. Absolutely pointless.

Nick

Administrator
Why is DJ even there? He wont go to the Ricoh even if we get a new deal. He has a single agenda to remove SISU. Absolutely pointless.

No, he is boycotting for a made up reason that doesn't exist. Very strange he doesn't know that it doesn't, he could go to games!

shmmeee

no offence to anyone, but I don't buy this

"I work in transport planning and there was and won't ever be anywhere that could get planning permission in Coventry due to the various constraints"

Coventry is a large city and one that could easily accommodate another stadium. Its the willingness of all parties to have one which is the constraint, nothing else.....

Which arterial routes would take the extra traffic do you think?

It’s outskirts or nothing IMO. Still a 9 mile radius does get you a lot of outskirts.

Nick

Administrator

It’s outskirts or nothing IMO. Still a 9 mile radius does get you a lot of outskirts.

Yeah it would only be outskirts with a shopping park next to it type thing. IF it was to even ever get close to happening.

ccfcway

what's wrong with the outskirts ?. Not being a planner, surely somewhere near the M6, a45 or a46 would suit ?

Take a part of Coombe country park, just off m69 / m6

not saying that the ideal place, but if there is a will, there is a way. But there isn't a will !!

shmmeee

what's wrong with the outskirts ?. Not being a planner, surely somewhere near the M6, a45 or a46 would suit ?

not saying that the ideal place, but if there is a will, there is a way. But there isn't a will !!

Could be wrong but I think they all exist outside for CCC boundaries don’t they?

This reminds me to bring my laptop home tomorrow and restart my site finding for a new stadium.

Nick

Administrator

That's not in Coventry, same as Brandon isn't.

I'd have no issue with it there, far too many people are obsessed with an invisible line that says if it is Coventry or not.

Nick

Administrator
It's like the other week when the ref blew up for full time and nobody realised.

Just stood about and "oh. its finished" :)

shmmeee

I think this is the CCC boundary:

Coventry-grit-bin-location-map.jpg

From that the north west looks your best bet if you want it inside the boundary. Not sure how it lines up with the local plan and green belt.

shmmeee

North West, complete the outer ring road for much economic benefits. Everyone’s a winner.

Nick

Administrator
I think this is the CCC boundary:

Coventry-grit-bin-location-map.jpg

From that the north west looks your best bet if you want it inside the boundary. Not sure how it lines up with the local plan and green belt.

What area is the north west? 1. The map is small 2. I can't see the names but I can see lots of space!

Nick

Administrator
Weird comment from Johnson. Its completely right but its at odds with every comment he makes. JHW have put zero pressure on Wasps, every time they speak they state how Wasps are blameless.

It won't be pressure, it will be soppy, apologetic begging in between shouting Timmy.

Irish Sky Blue

Missed the start. Have they found a miracle solution yet? Have SISU gone? Have we signed a new long term deal to stay at the Ricoh?
Oh my bad, I forgot they had no authority and are simply wasting time and breath.

Some good guys on there and pleased they want to try, but has anything ever been more futile? Simply have no influence whatsoever.
Still waiting for you to say what the way forward is. What should the Trust be doing?

Irish Sky Blue

"I work in transport planning and there was and won't ever be anywhere that could get planning permission in Coventry due to the various constraints"

Coventry is a large city and one that could easily accommodate another stadium. Its the willingness of all parties to have one which is the constraint, nothing else.....
Think he meant in a very short time frame. Don’t think he meant never.

Captain Dart

Nor do I. Political will and finance could get anything done, but there is neither.

Ps any news about the pin badges?

clint van damme

Weird comment from Johnson. Its completely right but its at odds with every comment he makes. JHW have put zero pressure on Wasps, every time they speak they state how Wasps are blameless.

Thought that. Its at odds with everything he normally says.
He's actually saying what I've bee saying. No matter who you blame the path of least resistance to us getting a 1 year extension is wasps.
People might not be happy with one year but keeping the life support switched on for another 12 months is as good as it's going to get at the moment.

letsallsingtogether

Coome Park no chance CCC own it and the hotel

Users who are viewing this thread