Albany Meeting ? (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

The only problem being that the trust doesn't like the wording of that one so they wont sign. They prefer Joy and Timmy as opposed to Timmy and Joy.
They'll pass that on and get back to you

chiefdave

Will be interesting to see who does turn up.
I would hope and expect Boddy for us and Eastwood for Wasps to show up and hopefully someone from the council.

Assuming they do Boddy will say there's nothing he / the club can do to stop the legals and they want to stay at the Ricoh.

Eastwood will say they won't talk unless the legals are dropped.

Council will say nothing to do with us. Which leads on to the next point.
Can just see this being a massive w***s/CCC love in for 90mins. Just a chance to bash SISU for how they've fucked up our chances of playing at the Ricoh next season.
It is vital that people like David Johnson, Tum Kalns etc aren't involved in this. There needs to be some separation between the Trust and groups that are tweeting about 'SISU scum' if they want to be taken seriously.

The meeting needs to be strongly moderated and steered. Its not good it just descending into SISU bashing, as much fun as that is, or a Q&A. Assuming the three parties above all show up and give their usual statements then the meeting needs to proceed accepting that Boddy can't get the legals dropped. Otherwise it will be a couple of hours of people ranting and nothing being achieved.

The big questions for me are:

Do CCFC have a worse case scenario plan is Wasps continue to refuse to talk. They have said no but press them on it. Will they just wind the club up and that's it?

Are Wasps prepared to maintain their stance even if it means Coventry City ceasing to exist? Should be made very clear to them supporters won't just sit back and accept this.

How are Wasps acting in the best interests of their shareholders to turn away business when they are losing money (not just the rent, decrease in value of naming rights, parking contract, f&b contracts etc). Don't just accept the 'we don't need the football club' rubbish. We've been bullshitted with that one before by Lucas.

The council need to explain the discrepancy between their statements when the Ricoh was sold and now. The 'it was only for the length of the current contract' response doesn't stand up to any scrutiny as they said the same about CRFC and they have never had a contact to play at the Ricoh.
What are the council doing to ensure the future of the club. If they say nothing to do with us they should be pushed as there is clearly a huge economic benefit to the city in having a football club.

Hoping to make it along but currently stuck in Birmingham as my company has a policy of making people do unpaid overtime rather than employing enough people to actually do the job.

Liquid Gold

I would hope and expect Boddy for us and Eastwood for Wasps to show up and hopefully someone from the council.

Assuming they do Boddy will say there's nothing he / the club can do to stop the legals and they want to stay at the Ricoh.

It is vital that people like David Johnson, Tum Kalns etc aren't involved in this. There needs to be some separation between the Trust and groups that are tweeting about 'SISU scum' if they want to be taken seriously.

The meeting needs to be strongly moderated and steered. Its not good it just descending into SISU bashing, as much fun as that is, or a Q&A. Assuming the three parties above all show up and give their usual statements then the meeting needs to proceed accepting that Boddy can't get the legals dropped. Otherwise it will be a couple of hours of people ranting and nothing being achieved.

Do CCFC have a worse case scenario plan is Wasps continue to refuse to talk. They have said no but press them on it. Will they just wind the club up and that's it?

Are Wasps prepared to maintain their stance even if it means Coventry City ceasing to exist? Should be made very clear to them supporters won't just sit back and accept this.

How are Wasps acting in the best interests of their shareholders to turn away business when they are losing money (not just the rent, decrease in value of naming rights, parking contract, f&b contracts etc). Don't just accept the 'we don't need the football club' rubbish. We've been bullshitted with that one before by Lucas.

The council need to explain the discrepancy between their statements when the Ricoh was sold and now. The 'it was only for the length of the current contract' response doesn't stand up to any scrutiny as they said the same about CRFC and they have never had a contact to play at the Ricoh.
What are the council doing to ensure the future of the club. If they say nothing to do with us they should be pushed as there is clearly a huge economic benefit to the city in having a football club.

Hoping to make it along but currently stuck in Birmingham as my company has a policy of making people do unpaid overtime rather than employing enough people to actually do the job.
Nah, just get some comedy fish masks and a decibel meter.

CJ_covblaze

Thanks Dave. This post is a perfect example of what we want and need. Hopefully you make it.

pastythegreat

What event have they announced, is it ccfc related ?
This
33f72d8bc8ab42e089cccd76a26c5732.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Captain Dart

The only certain thing about this meeting is that nothing will be explained.

Wiseoldfool

Hope you do manage to get there Dave these meetings need people with common sense who can contribute in a positive way.

Irish Sky Blue

I've just gone forward in my time machine and found the following:

A motion was passed that nobody liked Timmy or Joy and we're going to do everything in our power (which is absolutely nothing) to ensure that we're at the Ricoh next season. We also said that some of us won't go to any games until SISU are gone.

Happy to help.
So the Sky Blues Trust are being proactive, have invited all participating parties including any fans who would like to come along, have organised a meeting trying to find the way forward and it is met with a comment like that. What in your opinion should they do?
So you get people like Moz, CJ and others trying to do something right, something positive. It is hard to see how anyone can argue with their stated aims. How does your comment help? Perhaps they should simply give up and organise nothing and let matters take their course.

pastythegreat

The way things are going i can see 8000 fans Picketing the WASPS games to bring this debacle to an end
I'm in. Surely we can get plenty of free tickets and turn up en mass and ruin the egg chasers day. They'll see sense then that CCFC fans won't roll over and the people of Coventry won't stand by while they force us out.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

I'll put them in this thread

Appreciate your efforts communicating things. Am assuming in the effort to put tweets out there the general gist has been lost however. Reading them, it currently appears to be taking little direction in informing us what the next steps for all parties are, and some big / random questions and statements.

Just my opinion, mind you.

chiefdave

Am assuming in the effort to put tweets out there the general gist has been lost however.
Hope that’s the case. If not it’s exactly as some of the less charitable posts in this thread suggested.

So far it seems we’ve had David Johnson addressing the meeting (hopefully from the floor and not in any official capacity), someone saying SISU should sell and someone saying we should let the club die and reform as a new club.

ccfcway

Cj Joiner‏@Cj_covblaze 6m6 minutes ago
Dan (floor): Is reforming a possibility such as Wimbledon?

Dave Johnson: If this was to happen we would probably start off somewhere around where Hereford ended up. It is however a distinct possibility that a Ricoh deal would be possible

MB: If this was to happen what would the meeting's feelings be?

* Mixed response to that, some in favour some not

chiefdave

Dave Johnson: If this was to happen we would probably start off somewhere around where Hereford ended up. It is however a distinct possibility that a Ricoh deal would be possible
Shows how deluded this all is. Even for the massive local derbies against the likes of Halesowen and Stourbridge would we really need to be renting a 32K capacity stadium. New club would be bust with a season or two.

Users who are viewing this thread