Albany Meeting ? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
“Fisher needs to resign”

“Phoenix club”

“Protests”

I swear this threads from 4 years ago, can someone check if I’m at that meeting? If so tell me not to pay off the wife’s debts, cheers!

Hit man m8.

Spread her photo as joy and tell her to go to a city game. ;)

NorthernWisdom

“Fisher needs to resign”

“Phoenix club”

“Protests”

I swear this threads from 4 years ago, can someone check if I’m at that meeting? If so tell me not to pay off the wife’s debts, cheers!
It is a bit, isn't it.

tbf I get the sentiment of protest, and also tbf when it's an open meeting I get that it might be view after view but... we really need a strategy, don't we? In a way the Steve Brown tweet of don't care if it's against SISU, CCC or Wasps but let's do something is a half decent starting point, strange as it may seem(!) Decide what the preferred outcome is, decide how to communicater it, decide how to rally support behind it... job's a good'un.

(And yep, I appreciate the vague soundbytes are easy to say, and the defined strategy less so!)

shmmeee

It is a bit, isn't it.

tbf I get the sentiment of protest, and also tbf when it's an open meeting I get that it might be view after view but... we really need a strategy, don't we? In a way the Steve Brown tweet of don't care if it's against SISU, CCC or Wasps but let's do something is a half decent starting point, strange as it may seem(!) Decide what the preferred outcome is, decide how to communicater it, decide how to rally support behind it... job's a good'un.

(And yep, I appreciate the vague soundbytes are easy to say, and the defined strategy less so!)

If I didn’t think it’d get laughed out the room, I’d suggest a brainstorm and refinement session, partly to get the shouty silly answers out of their system and then to show they’re considered and not the best action.

Something like a list of key questions for each party and a requested action. It needs some structure to get action out of a disparate group like city fans.

I dunno, it all feels so pointless (plus I thought of a good ex wife joke)

Liquid Gold

They need a moderator to stop everything that isn't related to the purpose of the meeting. When someone talks about rugby finances, speedway teams or trying to get Fisher to resign they should stop them and move on.

Nick

Administrator
If I didn’t think it’d get laughed out the room, I’d suggest a brainstorm and refinement session, partly to get the shouty silly answers out of their system and then to show they’re considered and not the best action.

Something like a list of key questions for each party and a requested action. It needs some structure to get action out of a disparate group like city fans.

I dunno, it all feels so pointless (plus I thought of a good ex wife joke)

Agree.

"what can possibly get SISU to drop legals"
"what can possibly get wasps to let us stay"
"who has power / clout / influence over either"
"who can we persuade the easiest to get the outcome of ccfc staying"

etc.

CJ_covblaze

They need a moderator to stop everything that isn't related to the purpose of the meeting. When someone talks about rugby finances, speedway teams or trying to get Fisher to resign they should stop them and move on.

Moz has done that a number of times

Nick

Administrator
A demo at Sky Sports? Really? Saying what? Targeting who? To achieve what?

People need to back away from "media coverage of our plight" and have a think.

ccfcway

You couldn't make it up.

'The Trust are just a protest group'
'no we're the biggest supporters group'
*has meeting*
'PROTEST!!!!'

to be fair, isn't that the same as this being the largest ccfc supporters forum, only for every match thread to be dominated by how crap players are or how poor we are playing ?.

Nick

Administrator
to be fair, isn't that the same as this being the largest ccfc supporters forum, only for every match thread to be dominated by how crap players are or how poor we are playing ?.

Usually by people paying money at the games most weeks ;)

Liquid Gold

Again
"The aim of the meeting is for fans to come together, discuss the problems we are facing as a football club and to work together to try and identify practical potential solutions."
Media coverage doesn't change things.

What is a practical solution that the Trust can do to get a deal at the Ricoh?

ccfcway

no offence to anyone, but I don't buy this

"I work in transport planning and there was and won't ever be anywhere that could get planning permission in Coventry due to the various constraints"

Coventry is a large city and one that could easily accommodate another stadium. Its the willingness of all parties to have one which is the constraint, nothing else.....

Nick

Administrator
I kinda get where Rich is coming from, sod doing all this shit again in a years time.

Doing what shit?

Whats the point in getting together to work out a plan to get CCFC to stay at the Ricoh and then just boycott it anyway. It's like the people who are boycotting now being outraged at the thought of not playing in Coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread