Albany Meeting ? (6 Viewers)

rob9872

Negativity hasn't worked in the many forms tried over the past 10 years so how about being positive for once.

CJ_covblaze

Stop panicking about what we can't control and enjoy the football. Fill the Ricoh with passion and show the footballing world how big we are, how much it means.

That's one way and it's be great if it happened.

Brighton Sky Blue

What do you think we as fans should do to try and resolve the situation?

Search high and low for anyone willing to form a consortium with the aim of forming a 'newco' in the worst case scenario or bidding for the club in any other case. Far fetched idea but the only constructive path to getting the owners out and salvaging something respectable at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
Stop panicking about what we can't control and enjoy the football. Fill the Ricoh with passion and show the footballing world how big we are, how much it means.
There's a good point.

Nobody is going to take notice if they don't think anybody is arsed about ccfc. I've seen people on here say that they think the wasps move was ok because their fans werent bothered.

If people don't want the club to vanish how about show sisu, wasps and the council that ccfc is thousands of fans who love their club. Make the Ricoh and surrounding area sky blue.

It's more likely it will be a few pitch invasions to divide the fans, already seen people on about trying to save the club by getting games abandoned.

Playing exactly into wasps hands.

CJ_covblaze

Will the trust push for everybody to go to a game and make it an event?

We can try like we have for other games in the past.

Irish Sky Blue

The Phoenix club idea was only brought up as an option if we end up being liquidated. The Trust, supported by national supporters groups obviously have a plan that would enable us to start up again if this happened. As has been debated on here, for some, if CCFC failed to survive in its current form, that would be the end of their support. That is fair enough and you have to respect that view. For me, and I suspect for plenty of others, the view would be completely different. If CCFC failed to exist in its current form then I would support a Phoenix club and I would see it as a continuation of the club started in 1883 with all of it’s rich history intact. This would still be the same club that spent 34 years in the top flight and had that glorious day in 1987. One thing would be for sure, supporting a club that is free of Sisu and the endless wrangling caused by them would be lovely. I think a Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh would survive. It all depends what the rent would be and how big the gates were.

rob9872

We can try like we have for other games in the past.
Not for single games but for every game from now til the end of the season but if the board themselves cant unite to all get up there then we're seeing in the wind. A show of solidarity like that would have been far better received.

Nick

Administrator
The Phoenix club idea was only brought up as an option if we end up being liquidated. The Trust, supported by national supporters groups obviously have a plan that would enable us to start up again if this happened. As has been debated on here, for some, if CCFC failed to survive in its current form, that would be the end of their support. That is fair enough and you have to respect that view. For me, and I suspect for plenty of others, the view would be completely different. If CCFC failed to exist in its current form then I would support a Phoenix club and I would see it as a continuation of the club started in 1883 with all of it’s rich history intact. This would still be the same club that spent 34 years in the top flight and had that glorious day in 1987. One thing would be for sure, supporting a club that is free of Sisu and the endless wrangling caused by them would be lovely. I think a Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh would survive. It all depends what the rent would be and how big the gates were.

It's fact, a phoenix club wouldn't be ccfc or have the history. You may as well get city fans going down to cov sphinx.

You are kidding yourself after having things like that bigged up to you.

Brighton Sky Blue

A significant part depends on which level the phoenix club would be allowed to restart at.

Irish Sky Blue

Search high and low for anyone willing to form a consortium with the aim of forming a 'newco' in the worst case scenario or bidding for the club in any other case. Far fetched idea but the only constructive path to getting the owners out and salvaging something respectable at the Ricoh.
Not putting the idea down but haven’t we had people bidding for the club in the past with all such bids being dismissed? Would this help us in the current situation where we are months from being homeless?

rob9872

100+ fans up there and the idea of supporting the team not even raised shows how pitiful it all is.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's fact, a phoenix club wouldn't be ccfc or have the history. You may as well get city fans going down to cov sphinx.

Personally speaking if the footballing and political authorities, in combination with our illustrious owners, oversee the expulsion of the club from the league my interest in English football is done. Modern football is already wank and allowing the City to be sent down shit creek would be the final straw. Might still keep an eye out for the game in countries where fans are protected and not shat all over.

Nick

Administrator
Not putting the idea down but haven’t we had people bidding for the club in the past with all such bids being dismissed? Would this help us in the current situation where we are months from being homeless?
We had this last time where Hoffman appeared while wasps were saying they wouldn't do a deal.

Textbook, well timed publicity.

If somebody is going to be genuine, they go to sisu away from the papers and don't leak every step on Facebook.

Brighton Sky Blue

The failed bids before have been headed by Hoffman who has beef with SISU from before. It's a long shot idea but in the worst case scenario would enable the club to restart and get back up the pyramid at a faster rate.

Nick

Administrator
Personally speaking if the footballing and political authorities, in combination with our illustrious owners, oversee the expulsion of the club from the league my interest in English football is done. Modern football is already wank and allowing the City to be sent down shit creek would be the final straw. Might still keep an eye out for the game in countries where fans are protected and not shat all over.
If there was no ccfc I'd be done with football. Might watch the odd England have in the pub if it's on.

Magwitch

But at the moment our club is being dragged towards an abyss if that was to happen what would you do ?
Would you still go for example ?

rob9872

You quoted me twice Irish until I actually offered something you couldn't dispute regarding positive support and now not a peep. Typical reaction.

rob9872

But at the moment our club is being dragged towards an abyss if that was to happen what would you do ?
Would you still go for example ?
If that happened we should systematically take turns to ruin every single wasps fixture for the next generation and hound Tim and Joy's family for an equal time span. As soon as my daughter is old enough to be self sufficient I'd happily do time if they took away my ccfc.

Nick

Administrator
After the meeting I've now got somebody going on about abandoning the games and expecting the efl to take the club off sisu and give it to somebody wasps will do a deal with.

It's laughable.

Magwitch

How many more times. No-one made any serious case for a bit Phoenix club it was mainly an answer to a what if question. In fact I would say it wasn’t a very popular scenario.

Magwitch

If that happened we should systematically take turns to ruin every single wasps fixture for the next generation and hound Tim and Joy's family for an equal time span. As soon as my daughter is old enough to be self sufficient I'd happily do time if they took away my ccfc.
You can start by running on the pitch in your boxers on Saturday then.

Irish Sky Blue

No, quite able to make up my own mind. Don’t think things were “ bigged up”. Comments like “Its a fact” when clearly its an opinion make me feel that those who dismiss the idea are somehow afraid of the idea that others see things differently to themselves and might actually really enjoy following a Phoenix version of the club in the way that they always have. You or anyone else is entitled to your opinion (opinion not fact). My opinion, and as I said, I think a lot of other fans will be that our club continues in the way that it always has. If we played in Coventry, wear Sky Blue the club would be the same to me and I would support them. Others can think differently and choose to believe that their club is dead and not attend. All about opinion and choice.

rob9872

You can start by running on the pitch in your boxers on Saturday then.
Certainly don't want a banning order whilst we're alive but there would be no boxers on when I did and it wouldn't be much of a run or a pretty sight!

Brighton Sky Blue

After the meeting I've now got somebody going on about abandoning the games and expecting the efl to take the club off sisu and give it to somebody wasps will do a deal with.

It's laughable.

ACL tried that but SISU pre-empted it with the ARVO debenture and that was that.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, quite able to make up my own mind. Don’t think things were “ bigged up”. Comments like “Its a fact” when clearly its an opinion make me feel that those who dismiss the idea are somehow afraid of the idea that others see things differently to themselves and might actually really enjoy following a Phoenix version of the club in the way that they always have. You or anyone else is entitled to your opinion (opinion not fact). My opinion, and as I said, I think a lot of other fans will be that our club continues in the way that it always has. If we played in Coventry, wear Sky Blue the club would be the same to me and I would support them. Others can think differently and choose to believe that their club is dead and not attend. All about opinion and choice.

Again it depends. How many would we get in the 10th tier?

Users who are viewing this thread