Actual Carl Baker Day - It has happened! (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

Lets hope he performs because the knives are being sharpened as we speak.... I think he is a naturally athletic player and definitely has more about him than DKE Barrett and Drew put together so we could have crosses coming in from both flanks now, McNulty will think wtf and Biamou on the bench will think Ooh La la why didnt they do that when I used to play every week

rupert_bear

I’m more interested in MRs team formation with Baker available, not noted for being too positive and I assume JCH and McNulty will start as I expect Doyle and Bayliss to do so too, which leaves Kelly, Shipley and Baker nice problem to have but will Robins start cautiously with Kelly and Doyle central or the more positive choice of Bayliss and Doyle in the middle. Interesting as we start with very contrasting home games v bottom of the league Barnet and then up against leaders Luton.

Otis

I’m more interested in MRs team formation with Baker available, not noted for being too positive and I assume JCH and McNulty will start as I expect Doyle and Bayliss to do so too, which leaves Kelly, Shipley and Baker nice problem to have but will Robins start cautiously with Kelly and Doyle central or the more positive choice of Bayliss and Doyle in the middle. Interesting as we start with very contrasting home games v bottom of the league Barnet and then up against leaders Luton.
Or maybe second place Luton. :)

phildownunder

All signings at this level are a bit of a gamble, but this is a low risk one. As it`s only to the end of the season there is no long term comittment and the cost is not likely to be very substantial.
As has been pointed out he looks a better option than all the others in right midfield and must be worth a punt. And if it doesn`t work out, it`s only been a minor waste of money.
As to his motivation, if it is just to get himself in line for another stint in India or whatever - so what? If he helps our cause and does himself some good in the process that`s win win.

Great_Expectations

I don’t see a downside to this at all.

As has been said, worst case he doesn’t play/isn’t fit, but I doubt he’s costing us much and MR has had weeks to judge his fitness.

He’s not proven at this level, he adds much needed creativity and experience, plus he has a real affinity for the club so he’ll absolutely give 100% - how are any of those bad things?

I’m not suggesting he’s a saviour or a world beater, but he’ll add more than he’ll detract in my view.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don’t see a downside to this at all.

As has been said, worst case he doesn’t play/isn’t fit, but I doubt he’s costing us much and MR has had weeks to judge his fitness.

He’s not proven at this level, he adds much needed creativity and experience, plus he has a real affinity for the club so he’ll absolutely give 100% - how are any of those bad things?

I’m not suggesting he’s a saviour or a world beater, but he’ll add more than he’ll detract in my view.

Perfect analysis.

I'm not expecting him to set the world alight but will he give us a greater chance of getting promotion? I would think so.

Can't see anything wrong with this, if it doesn't work out we have nothing to lose.

stevefloyd

Xactly, I definitely think he has something to offer even if its giving the ball away like he used to do all the time in stupid places at least it will give the defence something to do

shmmeee

I think he can do a job depending on fitness. Just the sort of player we need, likes and knows the club and got promoted out of this league last year.

Doubt he’s on billions for wages.

What’s not to like?

Otis

I think he can do a job depending on fitness. Just the sort of player we need, likes and knows the club and got promoted out of this league last year.

Doubt he’s on billions for wages.

What’s not to like?
#CarlBakerDay?

mechaishida

I guess part of his signing is the impact he may/should have in the dressing room (ooh err), he has invaluable experience in the 'lower leagues'.

At least it's not McSheffrey. Or Eastwood. Or...(continue ad nauseam).

no_loyalty

Why is the international clearance taking so long?

no_loyalty

If he doesn't get clearance before Saturday, then it has to be the Indian team taking the piss, surely?

SkyBlueCRJ

Given that Robins has pretty much stated he's not even 100% there yet he'd be mad to start him like Otis has said. On the bench and then get him on in the final 15/20 minutes of the game.

Nick

Administrator
He isn't even fit enough to play for the U23 due to an injury is he? That would have been the place to get some minutes.

Sky Blue Harry H

He isn't even fit enough to play for the U23 due to an injury is he? That would have been the place to get some minutes.

Tight calf - is that what was delivering the paperwork. No wonder it took so long

Drunk-Cow.jpg

edgy

Anyone else get the feeling that Baker won't play many minutes in these last few games. He's clearly still struggling with his injuries, having wierd & wonderful treatments etc. Hasn't yet played any minutes for the U23s.

Even if he does play, I get the feeling he could breakdown at any moment. I reckon if we see him for a total of 90 mins before the end of the season we'll have done well.

Otis

Anyone else get the feeling that Baker won't play many minutes in these last few games. He's clearly still struggling with his injuries, having wierd & wonderful treatments etc. Hasn't yet played any minutes for the U23s.

Even if he does play, I get the feeling he could breakdown at any moment. I reckon if we see him for a total of 90 mins before the end of the season we'll have done well.
That's fine if it's 6 15 minute cameos where he bags the winner every time.

Users who are viewing this thread