Actual Carl Baker Day - It has happened! (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

I can hear it now..."Burge kicks it down field, Baker manages to keep it from going out for a throw on the half way line, passes to Doyle who runs and makes a pass into the box for Baker...BOOOM GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":woot:

If that happens prepare for a Ryan Giggs style celebration from me (I dont mean shagging My missus's sister either).

skybluetony176

It’s only going to go one of two ways. He’ll either be awesome and his signing will be a master stroke or he’ll be a complete disaster. Can’t see there being any middle ground here so just hoping it’s the first one. Bit of a gamble by MR, really hope it comes of.

Londonccfcfan

Tried not getting too excited about this..but still did! lets hope hes still got something to offer!
Good timing.

Otis

It’s only going to go one of two ways. He’ll either be awesome and his signing will be a master stroke or he’ll be a complete disaster. Can’t see there being any middle ground here so just hoping it’s the first one. Bit of a gamble by MR, really hope it comes of.
Can't see we can lose anything if it doesn't.

DKE has been poor. Barrett and JMD have been poor and Vincenti hasn't pulled up any trees for the most part either.

Can't see that Baker can be any worse than what we already have.

Only Bayliss is probably better there, but we don't want him there out on the wing anyway do we.

covcity4life

Haha i jist seen this. Never bothered clicking on thread all day as i thoight it just more anti baker stuff

Hopwfully he gices us much needed creativity!

skybluetony176

Can't see we can lose anything if it doesn't.

DKE has been poor. Barrett and JMD have been poor and Vincenti hasn't pulled up any trees for the most part either.

Can't see that Baker can be any worse than what we already have.

Only Bayliss is probably better there, but we don't want him there out on the wing anyway do we.

That’s a fair point.

rupert_bear

That’s good news imo, let’s be honest the 2 loans brought in are simply not up to speed, Baker for 3 months will hopefully give us nous and a bit extra

Samo

History suggests you could be wrong... great game, shit game, average game, etc, etc.

Grendel

You know the guys heart is in it.. hard working player who we know will give 110% speaks volumes hard work beats quality !

Peter Hormantchuck always gave his best.

Mucca Mad Boys

Honestly, none of them!

Like I said, I'd be delighted if he proves me wrong, puts in some good shifts and contributes to the goals or assists column but my opinion is he won't. I have been wrong before though (Hi Ray) and hope I'm wrong here.

Last season he was Pompey’s 3rd top goal scorer with 9.

It’s a good deal. Firstly, there aren’t really any reputable free agents out there at this point in the season. Second, it’s a short term deal, so no commitment after this season if he doesn’t perform. Finally, he’s a known quantity at L2 level, so if he’s fit, he should provide a couple of goals and assists. Something we’ve sorely missed since Jones got injured.

Terry Gibson's perm

Last season he was Pompey’s 3rd top goal scorer with 9.

It’s a good deal. Firstly, there aren’t really any reputable free agents out there at this point in the season. Second, it’s a short term deal, so no commitment after this season if he doesn’t perform. Finally, he’s a known quantity at L2 level, so if he’s fit, he should provide a couple of goals and assists. Something we’ve sorely missed since Jones got injured.

What about Capel who Notts county wanted it’s only 30k a week to get him

jordan210

Whats the bet on Baker to score and own goal,to miss a penally or open goal and us miss out of promotion

Brighton Sky Blue

Trusting Robins' judgement of his fitness as if fit he could be a great wild card that isn't much risk. If he starts against Barnet that's their prep down the drain.

Adge

Better option then Barret and Maguire Drew. Hopefully won’t turn into a Yakubu farce.

Users who are viewing this thread