7,800 (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Just to piss you all off on all sides of the argument .... my wife's a Villa fan, but if we get to Wembley then she's decided that she might want to go too! :)

Bob Latchford

Expecting ccfc fans to be excited about the prospect of the JPT final is a bit like being expected to enjoy a distant relative's Christening whilst being in a long drawn out process of your wife leaving you and taking the kids with her whilst she keeps the house and money, leaving you facing the prospect of being homeless and penniless, all the time while you're struggling at work and looking like either getting demoted or being sacked.

You might be called churlish for not enjoying the day, but frankly you have a lot of shit going down and it's hard to forget about it.

Sorry to hear your sad news .

Bob Latchford

Just to piss you all off on all sides of the argument .... my wife's a Villa fan, but if we get to Wembley then she's decided that she might want to go too! :)
EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Astute

Yes I know there is. And he stated he is NOPM.

If you are NOPM you dont go to any home game or any game that could give SISU any money.

But no, because we are close to Wembley we will excuse NOPM on this occasion.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
So you would be delighted if gates never went up for the SF or the final if somehow we win against Wycombe?

rob9872

The game is poisoned by the threat of relegation. 4th division football, that's what preoccupies my mind at the moment.
"It's my birthday on Tuesday, but I'm going to spend a few years in jail, soon after..."

Hold on! All these posts and nobody has asked why or what you did. So come on then ... What did you do and why?

The Reverend Skyblue

It's no fucks given anymore. I've supported the club for 23 years. I as with all of us, had nothing to celebrate in that time so why wouldn't I want to see us play at Wembley? It will probably be the only chance in my lifetime. As for everything else, I'd rather sit in my pants on a Saturday than watch that shite in an empty stadium owned by a Rugby franchise being run by a asset stripping hedge fund. So after Wembley if we get there, I am not putting any more money, time or energy into the club until SISU go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't have to explain yourself Gint, we are all feeling as low as we have ever been and it's an almighty struggle to keep the faith. I really admire those that go every game, they are all the lifeblood of this club.

All I know is that one day this will all get better, how long I don't know but the owners and Fisher will go one day, even if we are in the conference they will decide to go and that will be the first day in the start of the recovery of this great club of ours.

I really do think we have the best fans in England, to still get 7000 fans willing to sit and watch that turgid shit being dished up regularly , not many clubs of our size would manage that. The Sheffield Utd fan I spoke to said when they wee bottom of the third division they struggled to get 4000 , same for Wolves.

Just keep supporting from afar if needs must but never lose the love for the club.

christonabike

Spoke to loads of people yesterday in the Legends lounge and not one person is renewing or sadly lots are not going again this season. I have a 13 year old daughter, she isnt interested after watching a few games when we were battered, I was only 16 when we won the FA cup and couldnt get to the final but if you have a young kid who follows City take him/her if we get to Wembley as it might be the last chance we get ever. Grasp the opportunity as yesterday my old dad who is 85 and failing in health said to me after the game when I dropped him home, I know we won't be going if the owners are here next season but Ive only got you to have a day out with son.
Our best day was the last game at Highfield Rd as he was a steward until a year before and all the sky blue tops and sunshine and result was fantastic and has never been repeated since.
Dont look back in anger and take it whilst you can.

oucho

Really Otis? we'd never guess you were excited about this one, you don't come across like a little boy days before Christmas whatsoever...

Otis

Yep! Get your arses up there.

In two years time we might be non-league, we might even be a non-entity.

One last grasp of a Wembley final and a trophy. We should all totally and utterly embrace that I reckon.

Surely just being a fan of Coventry City and wanting to win a game of football should be enough encouragement.

oucho

Fair plsy to you mate, hope you enjoy it. I won't be going and won't care if lose this as we need every drop of energy wnd attention on the league front while we still have a (slim and decreasing) chance of surviving.

Otis

Fair plsy to you mate, hope you enjoy it. I won't be going and won't care if lose this as we need every drop of energy wnd attention on the league front while we still have a (slim and decreasing) chance of surviving.
Yeah, but as I said on another thread, I think winning this game on Tuesday would give us the only hope of survival in the league.

The despondency that is going to envelope everyone, club, players and fans alike, if we are knocked out, will be the death knell I think.

We need to win this game to boost and lift the whole club and maybe have it inject some enthusiasm into our league campaign.

oucho

Yeah, but as I said on another thread, I think winning this game on Tuesday would give us the only hope of survival in the league.

The despondency that is going to envelope everyone, club, players and fans alike, if we are knocked out, will be the death knell I think.

We need to win this game to boost and lift the whole club and maybe have it inject some enthusiasm into our league campaign.
I guess that's the sort of question where it's hard to be definitive. If we lose to Wycombe and then go on a good run in the league, I guess that theory will be shot down but unfortunately it hardly seems likely. Personally I just can't get excited about this tournament whilst the club is in such a terrible state.

Otis

I guess that's the sort of question where it's hard to be definitive. If we lose to Wycombe and then go on a good run in the league, I guess that theory will be shot down but unfortunately it hardly seems likely. Personally I just can't get excited about this tournament whilst the club is in such a terrible state.
But what I am saying is that being knocked out will surely leave us at the lowest possible ebb and there will be no comeback from that.

I think it would be so devastating. The fans will turn really nasty, all the hope would be gone, it would be another defeat and I think our confidence would be shot for good.

I think defeat on Tuesday would kill any chance of the good run you speak of.

oucho

Well i disagree, for all we know it might spur us on. You are relying on the squad being motivated by the JPT, in reality i doubt they are. I doubt they care about this as much as you do.

Then again if Yakubu can instill a bit of belief in them while he is with us, even if he doesn't play a game, then who knows??

hill83

It's no fucks given anymore. I've supported the club for 23 years. I as with all of us, had nothing to celebrate in that time so why wouldn't I want to see us play at Wembley? It will probably be the only chance in my lifetime. As for everything else, I'd rather sit in my pants on a Saturday than watch that shite in an empty stadium owned by a Rugby franchise being run by a asset stripping hedge fund. So after Wembley if we get there, I am not putting any more money, time or energy into the club until SISU go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part timer

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Spoke to loads of people yesterday in the Legends lounge and not one person is renewing or sadly lots are not going again this season. I have a 13 year old daughter, she isnt interested after watching a few games when we were battered, I was only 16 when we won the FA cup and couldnt get to the final but if you have a young kid who follows City take him/her if we get to Wembley as it might be the last chance we get ever. Grasp the opportunity as yesterday my old dad who is 85 and failing in health said to me after the game when I dropped him home, I know we won't be going if the owners are here next season but Ive only got you to have a day out with son.
Our best day was the last game at Highfield Rd as he was a steward until a year before and all the sky blue tops and sunshine and result was fantastic and has never been repeated since.
Dont look back in anger and take it whilst you can.
You know that's the saddest post I've read on here.

Otis

Well i disagree, for all we know it might spur us on. You are relying on the squad being motivated by the JPT, in reality i doubt they are. I doubt they care about this as much as you do.

Then again if Yakubu can instill a bit of belief in them while he is with us, even if he doesn't play a game, then who knows??
You honestly think that a team that is rock bottom of the league, has no wins in 13 games, lost the last 4, hasn't scored in the last 4, playing in front of a big crowd, with the dream of Wembley ahead of them and then losing yet again to a team from the league below them, ending the dream and fans then getting even more ugly and angry in their protests, is going to spur them on?

Wow.

Okay. :)

smouch1975

Expecting ccfc fans to be excited about the prospect of the JPT final is a bit like being expected to enjoy a distant relative's Christening whilst being in a long drawn out process of your wife leaving you and taking the kids with her whilst she keeps the house and money, leaving you facing the prospect of being homeless and penniless, all the time while you're struggling at work and looking like either getting demoted or being sacked.

You might be called churlish for not enjoying the day, but frankly you have a lot of shit going down and it's hard to forget about it.
Been there

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

smouch1975

But what I am saying is that being knocked out will surely leave us at the lowest possible ebb and there will be no comeback from that.

I think it would be so devastating. The fans will turn really nasty, all the hope would be gone, it would be another defeat and I think our confidence would be shot for good.

I think defeat on Tuesday would kill any chance of the good run you speak of.
Have the fans not turned already?
Are we not already at our lowest ebb?
Where does the comeback come from?

Sorry Otis, you are a nice guy and all, but this is click bait pure and simple

NortonSkyBlue

I remember having to win the last three games to stay up in 1985 and being resigned to relegation as we had the play the league champions in the final game. We won an 11.30 kick off 4-1 and destroyed them because they had been out on the lash celebrating their cup winners cup win and the league title!
I am sure all of our opponents for the rest of this season wont be so accommodating and we will have to fight and scrap our way out of this predicament.
I would say its 10/90 against us at this stage.
Wembley? hell yes.........lets show what our club can be.

Otis

Have the fans not turned already?
Are we not already at our lowest ebb?
Where does the comeback come from?

Sorry Otis, you are a nice guy and all, but this is click bait pure and simple

No, not intended to be.

Yes, the fans have turned, but surely we all know that if we lose tomorrow the reaction from the fans and anger vented is going to be so much worse.

Lowest ebb? Yep, in the league. We have that one little glimmer though in the cup that can bring us success and a trophy and a day out in front of tens of thousands of fans, so while there is still that opportunity to don't feel we are at all at the lowest ebb yet. A defeat in the cup though would surely do that.

Comeback? Yeah, long shot still, but maybe, just maybe, a win tomorrow and the feel good factor that goes with it can give the whole city a lift and the team a boost and have them feeling a bit better about themselves.

A win is a win and it can breed confidence.

Win tomorrow and then grind out a win somehow on Saturday and maybe it could be the start at least of a bit of an unbeaten run.

Long shot, yeah, but it is possible and I don't think we should underestimate how good we will all feel if we win tomorrow and Wembley beckons.

smouch1975

No, not intended to be.

Yes, the fans have turned, but surely we all know that if we lose tomorrow the reaction from the fans and anger vented is going to be so much worse.

Lowest ebb? Yep, in the league. We have that one little glimmer though that can bring us success and a trophy and a day out in front of tens of thousands of fans, so while there is still that opportunity to don't feel we are at all at the lowest ebb we can be.

Comeback? Yeah, long shot still, but maybe, just maybe, a win tomorrow and the feel good factor that goes with it can give the whole city a lift and the team a boost and have them feeling a bit better about themselves.

A win is a win and it can breed confidence.

Win tomorrow and then grind out a win somehow on Saturday and maybe it could be the start at least of a bit of an unbeaten run.

Long shot, yeah, but it is possible and I don't think we should underestimate how good we will all feel if we win tomorrow and Wembley beckons.
Ah mate.......

Otis

Ah mate.......

Not saying we are going to escape relegation, merely that maybe we can make more of a fist of it.

I honestly believe that if we lose tomorrow we may well struggle to win any more games at all until the end of the season.

smouch1975

Stop patronising me! :)

Even though I am totally convinced we will go down, I need to hang on to any small crumbs of comfort available. ;)
Not doing that.
I don't agree, is all.
No interest in how things normally go down hill on here.

What time is it? Half 3 in arvo here. Drowning my sores

Otis

Not doing that.
I don't agree, is all.
No interest in how things normally go down hill on here.

What time is it? Half 3 in arvo here. Drowning my sores

Was a smiley face when I said about patronising me, so was joking. ;)

theferret

Not sure why we're even having this discussion. It will be our biggest gate of the season, that alone suggests people are interested. Not sure why so many people feel the need to inform us that they are not - it's hardly news that people feel disillusioned. No issue with that, don't go then, I completely get those sentiments.

As for tomorrow, as I said the other day, it's the first game my lad has been genuinely looking forward to for ages. I would very much like to give him a day out at Wembley - who knows, it might help keep him interested for a little while longer. Don't get why people feel the need to sneer at those looking for a chink of light amidst the gloom.

wal3590

Its an opportunity to gain some fans of the younger generation. Think how many generations of fans we have lost during the last 10 years of bullshit? The team need the fans more than ever, no harm in PEACEFUL protests in the mean time but lets go back the lads.

Astute

So our owners are shite. The football is shite. We want rid of SISU. We want better football. I think that we all agree.

But why should it mean that we shouldn't go to a game if we want? Nobody is a c**t for wanting to go. If you don't want to go yourself fair play. But that doesn't mean that you should preach the same to others.

So what if you are the best supporter who hardly ever misses a game? What right have you to tell others that they shouldn't go? If you are a proper supporter you would want a sellout. But how would that happen if only those who have been to most games are the only ones that should go?

Adge

Should be a rule that says if you don't go Tuesday you don't go Wembley (if we get there) :D

Bet we'll sell more than 7800 for that fixture!
Right-so only 12000 at Wembley if we make it then according to that?

Users who are viewing this thread