7,800 (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Live a long way away, but more it's the case that I do not care about this competition. If we get to Wembley I'll go for the day out, but if we lose at Wembley or lose at home to Wycombe, I will not give a damn. It's a meaningless competition as shown by the tiny crowds in the early rounds. I think it's strange to get excited about it when we're bottom of the flippin 3rd division. We shouldn't even be eligible for this poxy contest; we're a club of a size that should be upper Championship at worse.

This is the most frustrating bit of the fans attitude.

What exactly about our size means we should be up there? Our crowds? Don't make me laugh.

What then? Our revenue? Well no, we're currently running break even and are about to get relegated to the 4th tier. So please, exactly what is it about our size that means we should be top half championship?

italiahorse

This is the most frustrating bit of the fans attitude.

What exactly about our size means we should be up there? Our crowds? Don't make me laugh.

What then? Our revenue? Well no, we're currently running break even and are about to get relegated to the 4th tier. So please, exactly what is it about our size that means we should be top half championship?
I would say it's based on the area available for pulling in potential customers.
City size and surrounding areas before you get a pull from other cosmopolitan areas like Leicester, Birmingham etc.
Based on that we should be lower Premier League.

It's all about the product though and CCFC fans are very fickle.
Or perhaps they are higher than the national average on having other things to do ?

NortonSkyBlue

My comment was intended from a personal point perspective but as more and more people think the way I do then the end will be nigh for the club in the football league. I see us getting relegated again next year
I would have considered myself a "die hard" fan up until Sixfields. Had a season ticket last year and this but never again until Fisher leaves the club. I have never met a more arrogant conceited man less suited to the job he supposedly gets employed to do.
Thank you for responding. you and fans like you are IMO the people we can ill afford to lose but I totallty understand that for everyone there is point where we say the club is no longer "mine"
I reached that particular epiphany when the club went to Northampton. I couldn't understand not just how we ended up there but why the fans rolled over and had their tummies tickled.
I since come to the conclusion its because of the disunity of the fans which has basically given the owners a free pass.
I could detach myself from Sixfields as I was living in Moscow and since our return to the Ricoh I am back in the fold and try and attend games,when I can from Riyadh, I have observed the fractious nature of the debate on here from afar and I am genuinely interested to hear both sides of the argument
There is no focal point which the fans can rally around or are prepared to get behind. That is disappointing and weakens not just the support but eventually the club.
We need fans who can take the emotion out of the argument and look beyond the fight so we can come out of this situation intact. I am pleased that the sky blues trust is looking to the future but I would like to get behind something that is challenging the now with intelligent protesting.
I can see that some are adverse to negative protests and why that turns some fans off, therefore it is imperative that the protests are constructive and strategic otherwise there won't be a club to support in future.
I don't know Fisher, never met him, but what is clear is that he is not going anywhere and is working to an agenda that suits the owners if not the fans of our club.

sky_blue_up_north

1. The cost nothing to do with that, tickets £10 and £5
2. Just had enough and can't be bothered Sure this is biggest reason
3 , Hate SISU and NOPM There is some of that, worst owners of any football club
4. Think we will lose but will be there if we get to Wembley. Pretty sure we will lose, not sure this would stop me going as you never know.

Apathy amongst the fans is huge, we are club in terminal decline. Owners don't care if we are in the National League in 18 months as long as we break even. They will suffer more loses next season with gates of around 3k if they are lucky, so there will be massive fire sale of anything they can sell. The ongoing stadium saga is truly ridiculous, JR2:banghead: . Everyone knows if by a miracle we do get to Wembley anyone who wants to go will get a ticket. So why bother with the semi. Statements by Fisher just make things worst blaming the fans and anybody else they can think of. I hope this opens their eyes so they can see what is happening. No business has ever treated its customers so badly and survived. Fans are talking with their feet and walking away in the droves.... wakeywakey Tim

robbiekeane

I would say it's based on the area available for pulling in potential customers.
City size and surrounding areas before you get a pull from other cosmopolitan areas like Leicester, Birmingham etc.
Based on that we should be lower Premier League.

Or perhaps they are higher than the national average on having other things to do ?
Weren't we losing millions in both the premier league and the championship?

theferret

Weren't we losing millions in both the premier league and the championship?

Not sure what relevance that has? Brighton are losing millions, but I don't see many questioning their right to be where they are.

I do take your general point though. We are where we are, because that's where we currently deserve to be, just as Burton Albion deserve to be playing in the Championship.

That said, it is perfectly legitimate to look at the table, see that we are bottom of the 3rd division, and ask how the hell a club of our stature and history has ended up in this position, with no sign that the decline is going to stop. It's painful and its perfectly understandable that people will look to the past - not that it helps much.

robbiekeane

Not sure what relevance that has? Brighton are losing millions, but I don't see many questioning their right to be where they are.

I do take your general point though. We are where we are, because that's where we currently deserve to be, just as Burton Albion deserve to be playing in the Championship.

That said, it is perfectly legitimate to look at the table, see that we are bottom of the 3rd division, and ask how the hell a club of our stature and history has ended up in this position, with no sign that the decline is going to stop. It's painful and its perfectly understandable that people will look to the past - not that it helps much.
Yeh that's my point mate.

I don't know much about Brighton or their ownership, but they're there because someone is willing to fund the millions they are losing (hopefully, otherwise they too will be in the shit soon). Nothing about "right to be there" or any such nonsense though.

People saying the "size" of our club means we deserve to be at the top of the championship is ridiculous.

Dont know what is meant by size...Can't be crowds. Potential crowds maybe? But even when we had decent crowds in premier ship and championship we were losing serious money. Thats relevant because in today's game the only thing that gives you the right to be in any league is your ability to survive/compete...so I assume the only impact that the "size" of a club has on that is the financial means to do so? But ticket revenue alone isn't enough to fund a competitive team as we have learnt..so size is pretty irrelevant now. Look at teams like Bournemouth...

The Reverend Skyblue

My comment was intended from a personal point perspective but as more and more people think the way I do then the end will be nigh for the club in the football league. I see us getting relegated again next year
I would have considered myself a "die hard" fan up until Sixfields. Had a season ticket last year and this but never again until Fisher leaves the club. I have never met a more arrogant conceited man less suited to the job he supposedly gets employed to do.
I do agree that just Fisher leaving and SISU staying on for a while would help the situation so much.
The man is an egotistic braindead moron who for some reason likes causing ill feeling with everyone he comes into contact with.
My first question to him if I met him after picking up off the floor would be why do you purposely cause hate with the only asset and one of the main income generators the club has, the fanbase. Why oh why do you do it ?
That's why I feel he is imcompetant and if Seppala could see this and she then brought in someone who could do the job and start to build one or two bridges with the fans the situation on finance would improve hugely.
The bloke couldn't work for any othe business but his own or for someone like Seppala who doesn't give a shit about the club she bought.

bawtryneal

I do agree that just Fisher leaving and SISU staying on for a while would help the situation so much.
The man is an egotistic braindead moron who for some reason likes causing ill feeling with everyone he comes into contact with.
My first question to him if I met him after picking up off the floor would be why do you purposely cause hate with the only asset and one of the main income generators the club has, the fanbase. Why oh why do you do it ?
That's why I feel he is imcompetant and if Seppala could see this and she then brought in someone who could do the job and start to build one or two bridges with the fans the situation on finance would improve hugely.
The bloke couldn't work for any othe business but his own or for someone like Seppala who doesn't give a shit about the club she bought.
I agree. The single most positive action that SISU could make would be to sack Fisher. In my opinion it would be a great starting point for improved relationship with the fans.

bawtryneal

Get somebody in charge who can communicate with the fans and show some positive enthusiasm.
As you say, nobody really cares anymore and probably won't make any difference
I've sadly become completely abivalent to the whole thing.

CV22SBA

Attendance: 8,764 (1,031 away) Even i don't need a calculator to work that out.
P.S. Wingy it = 7,733. I wasn't there though and i'm a season ticket holder so maybe it was 7,732.

wingy

Attendance: 8,764 (1,031 away) Even i don't need a calculator to work that out.
P.S. Wingy it = 7,733. I wasn't there though and i'm a season ticket holder so maybe it was 7,732.
Sorry.
Could have sworn they said 7.700 total on CWR with 1k being Millwall.
Maybe my ears are now as bad as my eyes. :'(
Me neither 7,731.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

6.700 CCFC there today.
And that includes all season ticket holder's , even if they weren't at the game . :wacky:
Not looking good for next season .

Houdi

Sorry.
Could have sworn they said 7.700 total on CWR with 1k being Millwall.
Maybe my ears are now as bad as my eyes. :'(
Me neither 7,731.
Plus another 2 of us season ticket holders who weren't there today. By the sounds of it we made the right decision.

bawtryneal

Thank you for responding. you and fans like you are IMO the people we can ill afford to lose but I totallty understand that for everyone there is point where we say the club is no longer "mine"
I reached that particular epiphany when the club went to Northampton. I couldn't understand not just how we ended up there but why the fans rolled over and had their tummies tickled.
I since come to the conclusion its because of the disunity of the fans which has basically given the owners a free pass.
I could detach myself from Sixfields as I was living in Moscow and since our return to the Ricoh I am back in the fold and try and attend games,when I can from Riyadh, I have observed the fractious nature of the debate on here from afar and I am genuinely interested to hear both sides of the argument
There is no focal point which the fans can rally around or are prepared to get behind. That is disappointing and weakens not just the support but eventually the club.
We need fans who can take the emotion out of the argument and look beyond the fight so we can come out of this situation intact. I am pleased that the sky blues trust is looking to the future but I would like to get behind something that is challenging the now with intelligent protesting.
I can see that some are adverse to negative protests and why that turns some fans off, therefore it is imperative that the protests are constructive and strategic otherwise there won't be a club to support in future.
I don't know Fisher, never met him, but what is clear is that he is not going anywhere and is working to an agenda that suits the owners if not the fans of our club.
Sad times my friend, sad times.
I promised myself to stay away until the atmosphere and whole match day experience improved. I travel about 250 mile round trip to get to the Ricoh and back and I found it a painful experience rather than a pleasure. In a moment of madness I've bought a ticket for Tuesday night. When it's in your blood, what do you do. After listening to yesterday's game and all the comments on here thinking of giving it a miss now.

theferret

Sad times my friend, sad times.
I promised myself to stay away until the atmosphere and whole match day experience improved. I travel about 250 mile round trip to get to the Ricoh and back and I found it a painful experience rather than a pleasure. In a moment of madness I've bought a ticket for Tuesday night. When it's in your blood, what do you do. After listening to yesterday's game and all the comments on here thinking of giving it a miss now.

Don't do that fella. Allow yourself this swansong. This could be the last time for a while that we get to come together in decent numbers and show the fuckers what we're about. I'd like to think you were there.

Hobo

Fisher is not running the club at the moment anyway. He is never there apparently. Wasn't at the game today again. Venus is nowhere to be seen. Nobody knows who is in charge. You have a handful of overworked, underpaid backroom staff spinning plates. Sounds like chaos behind the scenes.

And this sums up everything that is wrong with the club, why we are a failing organisation; no leadership, no direction.

bawtryneal

Don't do that fella. Allow yourself this swansong. This could be the last time for a while that we get to come together in decent numbers and show the fuckers what we're about. I'd like to think you were there.

Go on then Ferret you have motivated me
I am even going to support Nicks iniative and only sing positive CCFC supporting songs and sing my heart out for the team.
PUSB

Astute

Fickle? Have a word with yourself. We have had a right shit time for many years now. All we have had to celebrate is not getting relegated several times. We are normally near the bottom of whatever division that we play in.

I would say that after everything that has happened our attendances are pretty good.

bawtryneal

Fickle? Have a word with yourself. We have had a right shit time for many years now. All we have had to celebrate is not getting relegated several times. We are normally near the bottom of whatever division that we play in.

I would say that after everything that has happened our attendances are pretty good.

All football fans are fickle. Coventry fans are no better or worse than anybody else
You could argue that we are lucky to still get 8,000 after the shit we have been through. Name any other club who has has less success, cup runs, league position, play off places etc than us in the last 20 years.

Astute

All football fans are fickle. Coventry fans are no better or worse than anybody else
You could argue that we are lucky to still get 8,000 after the shit we have been through. Name any other club who has has less success, cup runs, league position, play off places etc than us in the last 20 years.
Or the last 30 years.

Or the last 40 years.

Or the last 50 years.

pusbccfc

Looked on the website this morning. Not many more sold.

Still think there will be a very big walk up. Why pay for a booking fee when you can pay the normal price on the gate?

robbiekeane

Yes, we were in debt but..................... we were in the Premier league and Championship, AND were weren't in debt nearly half as much as what this shower of shit claim we're in now in L1.
Yes so my query was how does the "size" of our club indicate we deserve to be upper half championship?

Terry Gibson's perm

Looked on the website this morning. Not many more sold.

Still think there will be a very big walk up. Why pay for a booking fee when you can pay the normal price on the gate?

The booking fee pissed me off a pound for doing nothing it's a scandal

Users who are viewing this thread