7,800 (1 Viewer)

wingy

Where's Italia?

Still waiting on my Ricoh pitch report!! ;)

It was in poor condition on Saturday. Wasps then played on it yesterday and today we have had lots of rain.

Going to be very boggy and sticky I fear.
Too embarrassed.
Suffered their first home defeat yesterday.

Otis

Doesn't help people turn up five minutes before then moan there's a queue.
Last time out against Crewe I think it was, people were still coming in 10-12 mins in and I had to keep getting in and out of my seat.

The two blokes in front of me always come in right on kick off, or a few minutes after. They then moan if someone is sitting in their seat.

christonabike

You know that's the saddest post I've read on here.
To top it all my little one is now on her way A&E with chest pains. Please God its just something minor, Im at home by the phone as er in doors goes through the rigmarole as we do. Its just precautionary (the nurse on 111 advised it as she is only 12), so heres another night Im in 6`s and 7`s.
Im looking at an empty living room and its just me and a TV on with no sound......Her dressing gown is here and Im in tears.
Like I said dont look back in anger grab life and what you love whilst you can.

Otis

To top it all my little one is now on her way A&E with chest pains. Please God its just something minor, Im at home by the phone as er in doors goes through the rigmarole as we do. Its just precautionary (the nurse on 111 advised it as she is only 12), so heres another night Im in 6`s and 7`s.
Im looking at an empty living room and its just me and a TV on with no sound......Her dressing gown is here and Im in tears.
Fingers crossed she's okay.

Mine is 12 too, so you do worry.

Do let us know how she gets on.

Nick

Administrator
Hope she's ok!! I'm sure she will be though!

Can you not go too?

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

Sincere best wishes COAB and family .

steveo1987

The worst nightmare.I sincerely hope she is ok

Astute

Don't worry all will be OK. Things happen as they grow up. Is worrying at the time though.

My worse one was with my 8 year old. I was listening to sky blue player. We was winning by a goal and had reached injury time but it had been one way traffic. I could hear commotion in the kids room next door but had headphones on so I could hear the game. Heard my wife scream. Went to see what was happening. My daughter had gone grey and her lips were blue. My wife is a trained first aider but went to bits. The eldest lad was a lifeguard at the time and had saved the life of a few young children in the past. But he went to bits because it was his baby sister. Which left me.

I managed to resuscitate her but she stopped breathing a couple of times more. In between this I was shouting to wife on the phone to get ready to get her to hospital as they couldn't or wouldn't say how long the ambulance would take. It finally turned up. Was most probably less than 5 minutes but seemed like forever. It then sat outside for about 45 minutes while they stabilised her and then raced to hospital with me driving behind. When I got there I phoned up work to say that I wouldn't be in.

It was then that I saw myself as being heartless. I didn't panic or have the feelings that you would expect. And having the mind to phone work in the middle of it? Can't remember the name of what they called it. But it is quite common. The same happened to my boss and his son. When ill they overheat and start shutting down. Said it might stay with her through childhood or never happen again. I stayed next to her all night just watching her breathe. Wasn't a problem as I was ready for a night shift. Two days later she was back home and running around as though nothing had happened :smuggrin:

Otis

Don't worry all will be OK. Things happen as they grow up. Is worrying at the time though.

My worse one was with my 8 year old. I was listening to sky blue player. We was winning by a goal and had reached injury time but it had been one way traffic. I could hear commotion in the kids room next door but had headphones on so I could hear the game. Heard my wife scream. Went to see what was happening. My daughter had gone grey and her lips were blue. My wife is a trained first aider but went to bits. The eldest lad was a lifeguard at the time and had saved the life of a few young children in the past. But he went to bits because it was his baby sister. Which left me.

I managed to resuscitate her but she stopped breathing a couple of times more. In between this I was shouting to wife on the phone to get ready to get her to hospital as they couldn't or wouldn't say how long the ambulance would take. It finally turned up. Was most probably less than 5 minutes but seemed like forever. It then sat outside for about 45 minutes while they stabilised her and then raced to hospital with me driving behind. When I got there I phoned up work to say that I wouldn't be in.

It was then that I saw myself as being heartless. I didn't panic or have the feelings that you would expect. And having the mind to phone work in the middle of it? Can't remember the name of what they called it. But it is quite common. The same happened to my boss and his son. When ill they overheat and start shutting down. Said it might stay with her through childhood or never happen again. I stayed next to her all night just watching her breathe. Wasn't a problem as I was ready for a night shift. Two days later she was back home and running around as though nothing had happened :smuggrin:
Thanks for sharing that, Astute. :)

christonabike

Just a little update, all tests were clear thank God, so she has come home and she will be off school today and we were told to keep an eye on her. So I will be on baby sitting duty today. Very worrying and but the doctors gave her the all clear from something serious.
Thanks for the concern everyone.
At least I have the game on Sky to watch as long as its on Sky 1.

Otis

Just a little update, all tests were clear thank God, so she has come home and she will be off school today and we were told to keep an eye on her. So I will be on baby sitting duty today. Very worrying and but the doctors gave her the all clear from something serious.
Glad to hear.

Bet she will love a day off school. Lots of bonding to be had.

Enjoy the day together and give her an extra hug or two.

Astute

Great to hear all is well. One of them moments for the memory bank.

Haven't you got a firestick and kodi? All sports channels with everything else for free. All for a one-off fee of about £35. Goes well with a dodgy sky box for £60 a year.

Nick

Administrator
Glad she is ok! Day in the warm, lucky sods!!

christonabike

Ive got Sky 1 its only £6 a month extra. All my mates have those Kodi things but I havent a clue where to get one or if my internet is any good. I will be on cooking duties no doubt if she rises from her bed. (You know what they are like they can sleep for England!)

Astute

Ive got Sky 1 its only £6 a month extra. All my mates have those Kodi things but I havent a clue where to get one or if my internet is any good. I will be on cooking duties no doubt if she rises from her bed. (You know what they are like they can sleep for England!)
Electrical shops or the Internet. Will be hundreds on ebay preloaded. You can even watch films that are still on in the cinema. Or those on Sky that they charge for.

Otis

There's also NowTV. You can pick up a NowTV box really cheap and from lots of places like Tesco or Argos and it will come with either one or three months subscription to Sky Sports.

Just plug it in using a HDMI cable and away you go.

Bob Latchford

Brilliant news COAB .

steveo1987

Good to hear coab.Kids soon bounce back

SkyBlueScottie

Where's Italia?

Still waiting on my Ricoh pitch report!! ;)

It was in poor condition on Saturday. Wasps then played on it yesterday and today we have had lots of rain.

Going to be very boggy and sticky I fear.

Thats fine for us now!

Remember everyone, get there nice and early 7:30 PM kick off...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Glad to hear about the positive news COAB, hopefully you can enjoy the game tonight and feel a bit more at ease!

Astute, I know what you mean. Something similar happened to me after Bristol City away a few years back (almost on this day) when tragically one of our fellow supporters passed away following a car accident on the M5. You just sort of zone out of reality and go into action man mode. I can't explain it any better than that.

One minute you're in the middle of the biggest cluster fuck you've ever seen and you're doing everything you can to help and manage the situation, the next you realise two hours have gone by, you're surrounded my emergency services, and the motorway has closed and you didn't even notice. It's crazy, even though one lad sadly didn't make it, me and a mate managed to help the other guy to safety who at one stage we didn't think was going to make it either.

It really puts things into perpescitive, but it I just don't understand how one moment you can be like James Bond, and the next you're in some random motorway services talking to strangers like you're on crack cocaine and then having a break down. Adrenaline I guess!

Hope we get a win for everyone having a shit time of it tonight, and most importantly stay safe!

PUSB

wal3590

Laura Hunter ‏@LRHunter4 6m6 minutes ago
@CityTill_I_Die We've passed the
39-20e3.png
K
1f39f.png
mark. But I know we can do better. Challenge extended... #PUSB

wal3590

Likewise, I thought even pushing 20,000 or more. It is really alarming.

People have quite literally had enough, and I don't think it being on Sky has helped our attendance one bit.

Being on Sky gives people a poor excuse to not go. Its a shame it wasn't a few weeks later during half term that could have helped. Still hoping for 15k+

Kingokings204

Absolutely can't believe this isn't a sell out. Really worrying. It's a game away gene wembley and we can't get 10k yet. I'm sorry whichever you look at it, it's a disgrace. I'm going plus 1.

Have they said tickets to be kept for wembley tickets?

Users who are viewing this thread