21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

David O'Day

Failing to qualify for the CL means most decent players are now off limits to them for both financial and prestige reasons. The only appeal would be a shortcut to elite European football and neither have qualified in ages

SeaSeeEffCee

To be fair to Da Costa, it was a horrible time to be introduced, with Blackpool ramping up the pressure, and playing on his least preferred side.
Yeah, it worked out in the end but it was a bit of a mental sub from Robins to bring him and Rose on and completely replace the left side of our defence with that little left of the game.

larry_david

It was a risk that paid off, by luck more than judgement. Under that pressure and that intensity and that time of the match, even a recognised and match fit LB would have been rusty.

rexo87

To be fair to Da Costa, it was a horrible time to be introduced, with Blackpool ramping up the pressure, and playing on his least preferred side.
Agree with this. He's had a dreadful start to the season but if they had scored at the end it would have been on Robins. Who takes off two left sided defenders when you are 1-0 in injury time

lifeskyblue

I agree Maartson had recently been injured and had slowed dramatically…on a couple occasions almost walking back as Blackpool pressed on that side. Robins had to do something…he made the change (whether dacosta was the right man is another issue) but that’s where we looked most vulnerable both before and after the substitution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyGinger

I think if we bring in 1 more it will be a left back. As good as Maatsen has been I think it’s a big ask for a 19 year old to play the whole season. I’m sure he has played centre midfield for Holland youth teams too so he could cover there if we are desperate.

Wouldn’t rule out robins bringing in 2 before the end of the window though.

CDK

Think robins won't look at midfield to January and only one more in left sided defender.

Sky Blue Pete

I think if we bring in 1 more it will be a left back. As good as Maatsen has been I think it’s a big ask for a 19 year old to play the whole season. I’m sure he has played centre midfield for Holland youth teams too so he could cover there if we are desperate.

Wouldn’t rule out robins bringing in 2 before the end of the window though.
Nor me I think it’s going to be an interesting 11 days

blunted

Think he was concerned about both JCS and Maatsen being on yellows? Only reason I can think of
Maa is a young lad, had a bang on his wrist and was tiring. JCS had not played 90 mins for a while and was blowing a bit. Fresh legs was the right decision. Got away with it a bit, but that is why a squad is a big deal in the Championship.

TomRad85

Anyone know if Abel Alabi ended up signing for the u23s?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Against possibly Blackpool’s most skilful, dangerous player, Bowler - if someone snapped up Ohare (hopefully not) Id have a look at him. With hindsight it was an accident waiting to happen....i say with hindsight, I shit myself at the time

TomRad85

He's got @Coventrycityfc on his insta and posted today location coventry. Not a stalker, honest just checked it to see after this question
I've seen his Insta too, and he does seem to be around Cov a lot. Just not seen anything official. Seems a strange thing to hold off announcing.

larry_david

I've seen his Insta too, and he does seem to be around Cov a lot. Just not seen anything official. Seems a strange thing to hold off announcing.

Yeah considering he's been in trial since before end of last season. Also no announcement of the mysterious u23 who's off to the prem! Mind you they took ages to announce Rus

higgs

Dacosta needs to go out on loan to league one to get a bit of experience

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread