21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (3 Viewers)

procdoc

Osti must be our number one target but I imagine we will have stiff competition
James would be a good addition on a permanent deal
Gyo would be a good permanent signing as he has a lot of potential
I wouldn’t mind another loan for McCallum as I don’t think he’ll be near the Norwich team.
I still think we need more defensive reinforcements and a new number one keeper. I’d like to see another attacking midfielder and two new strikers to add to Godden and Walker (one if we get Gyo)

cc84cov

If we cant keep Mccallum for another season which I honestly dont think we will we will miss those long throws which have lead to several crucial goals the last few games.

would be nice to pick a player up who has this in their armoury. Any suggestions ?
I don’t see why he wouldn’t have another year at this level abs robins and cov are pretty perfect for his parent club,I haven’t been too impressed most of the season but it seems he’s found his feet this past 3 games he’s been absolutely superb,I can see him coming back

cc84cov

I would like to see Liam Walsh come in if sheaf doesn’t sign,a midfield of Walsh,Hamer,James & Kelly I feel will be good enough to push on.

A new number 1
Left sided CB
Mobile target man
Liam Walsh
Possibly mccallum again

Sky Blue Harry H

Mentioned on another thread, but he would cost little, (no pace, but very good technique and holds the ball up well) - Will Keane at Wigan. I think he's been unfortunate in having crap players around him in recent couple of years.

Winny the Bish

Couple of U23 players out of contract this summer:

Reece Devine - CB/LB - Man Utd. Was normally a LB but played most of his games for United at CB this season. Could be an option for our troublesome LCB spot. 6'0 so not bad height, good pace, strong in a tackle. I know you all love a YouTube compilation so here you go.

Marcel Lewis - LW/AM - Chelsea. 4 goals, 7 assists this season. Been linked with a PL and Bundesliga move but could be agent bollocks. YouTube comp here.

Charlie McCann - CM/AM - Man Utd. Signed by United from Cov's academy. Was an England youth winger/10 when they bought him but United have tried turning him into a holding midfielder with mixed success. If he gets released and goes somewhere that isn't Cov I'll be fuming. Played a more attacking role in this game against Southampton and bagged twice including a Bergkamp-esque effort.

Tom Clayton - CB - Liverpool. Another left-footed CB and potentially their U23s captain. Played basically every game this season. Scored 3 goals. Can also play DM and LB.

Nathan Broadhead - ST/AM - Everton. 16 games, 9 goals. Believe he played against City while on loan at Burton last season. Had 2 goals and 2 assists in 19 games with Burton while playing left wing. Can play either wing and up front. Talented player but 23 now and needs a move.

Frostie

Thats the one I was on about. Think he’s ex Man City youth (who isnt?)

He is indeed. Only been with Shrewsbury since end of Jan but looked really good. Only contracted until end of next season too.
Difficult one because I'd want to see him at that level for more than 3 months before throwing him in in the Championship but in doing so he'll attract more suitors & likely sign an improved contract meaning would cost more too.

skybluesam66

get rid of
Kastaneer/ Bakayoko/ Allen/ Jobello/ Marosi/ Mason + a few of the u23s who arent going to make it eg Bremang comes to mind

Keep
Shipley (hoping he can move forwards after a disappointing season) /Biamou (A great bench option)

Key will be the recruitment espscially the loans - as they will influence whether we are top half or relegated (or somewhere in between)

Winny the Bish

Thats the one I was on about. Think he’s ex Man City youth (who isnt?)
Yup. Ex-Man City and star England youth midfielder, let the praise go to his head and got released. Joined Shrewsbury because the moves he wanted to Germany/Portugal didn't materialise and he has family in Shrews. Turned himself into a LWB and is their best player.

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

I think we all need to find one potential target, get very over excited, and have a thread that will run for 3 months and hit 250 pages.

Better still just wait until we are randomly linked by an agent to a player, usually a cue for one of the 'hystericals on here' to have a meltdown as they have heard from 'their mate Dave down the pub that the player is useless,' followed by demands that Robins be immediately sacked and weeping over possible relegation........

.....only to never hear about the player again as it was just the agent trying to talk him up.

It happens every year.

TomRad85

Bit out of nowhere but if we wanna let Fadz go but would like an experienced centre back still, could we tempt Steven Caulker from Turkey? At 29 he shouldn't be completely past it either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread