21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (5 Viewers)

rob9872

No he was a relatively cheap risk and I would be surprised if he gets any more loans after this unless he excels at QPR, they may look to cut their losses.
He'll be perfect for when they get relegated next season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Norwich really don’t fancy him do they?

He’s still young, only 20. I read an interview during last pre season that he felt overawed by the players he was training with (or words to that effect). That they’ve sent him out again without him looking at him in pre season says he’s a long way off being in their squad.

Hertsccfc

He was a few months back. Got better when we stopped trying to play out from the back.

I’m more digging at the constant excuses people have for the lack of signings than begging that we signed Sam back. Though I’d have taken him if there’s no one better out there as he knows the set up.
He was good all season and it was crazy that most fans preferred Giles. Great player and a will be a real loss

procdoc

He was good all season and it was crazy that most fans preferred Giles. Great player and a will be a real loss
We might not have been back in for him for all we know. I’d rate McCallum but would rather sign a permanent left back. Let’s not forget Reid either, he might be class, he might not be good enough but got to give the lad a chance

AFCCOVENTRY

We might not have been back in for him for all we know. I’d rate McCallum but would rather sign a permanent left back. Let’s not forget Reid either, he might be class, he might not be good enough but got to give the lad a chance

Reid is highly rated and will become a better player than Sam in time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Both he and the club need to move forward and repeatedly coming back here would be a bit awkward I think. We've basically had Norwich pay us to keep him for another 18 months so that's good enough

Hertsccfc

Both he and the club need to move forward and repeatedly coming back here would be a bit awkward I think. We've basically had Norwich pay us to keep him for another 18 months so that's good enough
He's moving forward.

I am now starting to agree with you that we might not be. As it stands the squad is much weaker than the one that ended the season.

saveitforthewombles

He's moving forward.

I am now starting to agree with you that we might not be. As it stands the squad is much weaker than the one that ended the season.

Not true - it's weaker in a few areas. Centre midfield (James), left side defense. Both will be sorted before the season starts. Plus we have players who struggled with long term injury more likely to contribute.

procdoc

He's moving forward.

There will be more additions. Waghorn is an improvement on both Max and Baka, Moore we will wait and see but we wouldn’t have signed him if Robins didn’t think he’s an improvement on Marosi and Wilson.

SlowerThanPlatt

Been injured.

Yes he was when he first came, then he was fit and played in the 23s (8 games). Robins was asked whether he would get some minutes after we clinched survival and he said he wasn’t close. You may well be right but currently there isn’t a lot to go on as he hasn’t played a first team game for us!

stupot07

Reid is highly rated and will become a better player than Sam in time.
Thats a big claim. The lads played just 20 or so first team games in Scotland, I dont even think he's been capped for Scotland at youth level (Jack Burroughs is in the u21s).

Hopefully he will develop nicely, but its a bold claim to say he will become a better player than McCallum, when he hasn't even played a game for us yet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Reid proberly one for the future so perhaps getting a more mature left back in on loan could be a way to go certain Robins will have the position as a priority.

Platnauer

f you're Norwich realistically he neededanother loan elsewhere. If we loaned out Burroughs to let's say, Burton for 2 years straight, we'd all be saying if we're loaning him out he needs to go somewhere else.
+1 to this. Norwich hold his registration and I am not surprised they want him to take on a different challenge.
I don't particularly think they chose QPR as they are a far superior outfit. However, they will learn more about Sam with the hoops than where he is comfortable. Good luck to him, he has been good for us on field and financially.

larry_david

If you're Norwich realistically he needed another loan elsewhere. If we loaned out Burroughs to let's say, Burton for 2 years straight, we'd all be saying if we're loaning him out he needs to go somewhere else.
Because he's too good for Burton after two seasons and should be stepping up, in our first team 😅

Users who are viewing this thread