21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (8 Viewers)

Greggs

Gutted. Half hoped we'd get McCallum back, hopefully we'll sign a decent prospect whose name we can all spell,

Legia Sky Blue

Remember though guys, we can’t sign any loans until the season starts because Prem squads something something.

Everything is fine.

That applies to the better loans that will be available, who are closer to being part of PL squads. If McCallum does go to QPR on loan it will be because Norwich have already decided he isn't close to making their PL squad.

I'm guessing its pretty much Norwich's decision to send him to QPR so probably not an option for us anyway, but if say he was would it be better to sign McCallum now, or hold out until nearer the start of the season and bring in someone better?

mr_monkey

That applies to the better loans that will be available, who are closer to being part of PL squads. If McCallum does go to QPR on loan it will be because Norwich have already decided he isn't close to making their PL squad.

I'm guessing its pretty much Norwich's decision to send him to QPR so probably not an option for us anyway, but if say he was would it be better to sign McCallum now, or hold out until nearer the start of the season and bring in someone better?

But if you apply that sensible logic it means that you can't overreact and declare that we are already relagated (or sleepwalking towards it), don't be silly ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Strange move for McCallum I thought they said they wanted a team that will be challenging?

Grendel

McCallum had a good season - its stretching to say we will easily find someone better

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't get this mentality, the sense is that he is a very gifted player that can unlock a defence, the type of player we need, non of us actually know what hes like, if Robins thought he would combust the club from the inside out like some people on here seem to think, then he wouldn't sign him.

He’s played 15 games since he left, most of which in India. If Robins considers him a reformed character fine but is it insane to question it at a surface level?

shmmeee

We'll miss McCallums long throws. He caused bother for defences with them at the tail end of last season.

I’ve never understood why long throws are so rare. It must be a mix of strength and technique and if you learn it you’re instantly more valuable. Seems a no brained for footballers to practice and improve, much like being two footed, but few seem to. Maybe I’m missing something.

RegiswasGod

I’ve never understood why long throws are so rare. It must be a mix of strength and technique and if you learn it you’re instantly more valuable. Seems a no brained for footballers to practice and improve, much like being two footed, but few seem to. Maybe I’m missing something.
Agreed. I can't remember who it was, but one defender last season said that they dreaded defending a long throw and they were a lot more difficult to deal with than a corner or free kick. That was evident when we scored a few direct from throws at the end of the season. You'd have thought this would be a tactic that clubs would adopt more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. I can't remember who it was, but one defender last season said that they dreaded defending a long throw and they were a lot more difficult to deal with than a corner or free kick. That was evident when we scored a few direct from throws at the end of the season. You'd have thought this would be a tactic that clubs would adopt more.

Did Liverpool not hire a throw in coach for this?

Saddlebrains

Feel a bit of sympathy for Hilssner, unlike the others he’s never had a chance to show what he’s capable of but there’s probably a reason for that…

I dont. May sound harsh, but he didnt pull up trees in League 2 Oldhams team. Couldnt even get in their matchday squad in the end

Users who are viewing this thread