21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (10 Viewers)

stupot07

Back to Ayew - I'm genuinely, genuinely astounded he's on £83k a week in the Championship. Even if that's a legacy contract from their time in the Premiership.

How naive are clubs if they're not inserting clauses in contracts about wage reductions if relegated? It's no wonder that some clubs are close to going to the wall.

They're basically paying the same weekly wage that would likely cover the weekly wages of Godden, Walker, O'Hare, James, Osti, Hamer and Dabo for a player that's only scored 59 goals in 350 games.

Utter, utter madness.
Their wage bill was £40m in their latest accounts just published in April 2021 from the last financial year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rexo87

Been tweeting the club everyday about M.R's airmaxes. I noticed hes had the same pair since 2017. Just want a few words from the man himself to confirm or deny. Because to keep air max in great nick for 4+ years he's got to be a wizard

Of course the club are ignoring me, but il get a response in the end. Told them il tweet them everyday until i get a response.

And no i don't have anything better to do

Didn’t realise that was you lol. I agree fantastic achievement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

Back to Ayew - I'm genuinely, genuinely astounded he's on £83k a week in the Championship. Even if that's a legacy contract from their time in the Premiership.

How naive are clubs if they're not inserting clauses in contracts about wage reductions if relegated? It's no wonder that some clubs are close to going to the wall.

They're basically paying the same weekly wage that would likely cover the weekly wages of Godden, Walker, O'Hare, James, Osti, Hamer and Dabo for a player that's only scored 59 goals in 350 games.

Utter, utter madness.
Ayew is the epitome of everything that's wrong with football at the top level
Only really a journeyman, completely predictable and one-footed but wrangled a big contract at a desperate club who are stuck with him now he's been found out

slowpoke

Well yes, announce that the conditions were met & he's joining permanently. The only reason anybody knows what the conditions were are from Alan Nixon.
I mean, it matters not, he will be our player when the window opens. It's only the tin foil hat brigade that think Robins is trying to wriggle out of the deal, would just be good to finally put that to bed definitively.
I would think having just moved to Leamington as said on here is an announcement in itself and I will be delighted with that imo Sheaf is a bloody good player and with a years experience under his belt I expect him to be better this coming season.

fatso

I would think having just moved to Leamington as said on here is an announcement in itself and I will be delighted with that imo Sheaf is a bloody good player and with a years experience under his belt I expect him to be better this coming season.
Leamington isn't what it's made out to be, I looked at a property there a couple of years ago, and decided to thoroughly check the place out,
Well, what a fucking drug infested shit hole the place is, over run with crack heads and chancers, granted, still better than Cov, but fuck me it's gone down hill rapidly.
I'm not sure Sheaf was seen training, or running away from one of the drug gangs!

Torquay Sky Blue

Only really a journeyman, completely predictable and one-footed but wrangled a big contract at a desperate club who are stuck with him now he's been found out
You only have to look at the much maligned Bigi to back up your point. He left us a precocious talent. Made himself a millionaire at Newcastle (who have form for this sort of thing) and came back looking like he'd forgotten how to play football.

TomRad85

Leamington isn't what it's made out to be, I looked at a property there a couple of years ago, and decided to thoroughly check the place out,
Well, what a fucking drug infested shit hole the place is, over run with crack heads and chancers, granted, still better than Cov, but fuck me it's gone down hill rapidly.
I'm not sure Sheaf was seen training, or running away from one of the drug gangs!
Top end is nice, bottom end is grim. Kenilworth is nicer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Depends which bit you’re in. It’s been like that at least since my sister was at uni in the 90s.

Sky Blue Harry H

Back to transfers, and an old bugbear of mine, regarding our own valuation of CCFC players.

An example of the Nottingham press re: Joe Worrall

Worrall has long been touted as the man to do that and letting him leave now could prove catastrophic.
West Ham and Burnley are both keen on the player who some reports claim is valued at £15 million. In fairness, that might only see clubs land his right leg these days!

So the local press are saying £15m might buy one leg of a Forest defender, whereas some of our fans always laugh at the idea of O'Hare, Hamer being of any meaningful value (our press always seem to downplay the figures, too) Like most other clubs, we know we will at some point have to sell our jewels, I just wish we would talk up their worth beforehand. Note: I don't want to sell either, and I know a player is only worth what someone will pay.

The original Wimbledon: masters of getting most value from sales

Carl Cort to Newcastle for £7m in 2000
Warren Barton to Newcastle £4m in 1995

If (and when) we are going to sell anybody, we need a concerted effort to big up the value of players beforehand, so we do not see a Maddison or a Wilson leaving for peanuts (especially now that we are in The Championship)

Samo

I did wonder if the delay/transfer silence might be down to a change of owner...

Saddlebrains

Just sent my day 9 tweet to the club r.e Robins Air Max.

Bargaining with them now, if they cant get confirmation from the man himself on length of ownership of the trainers, can he at least wear them for every signing reveal this summer.

I ask these important questions so you lot don't have too. A bastion for other supporters

Frostie

Bargaining with them now, if they cant get confirmation from the man himself on length of ownership of the trainers, can he at least wear them for every signing reveal this summer.

I ask these important questions so you lot don't have too. A bastion for other supporters

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

Football League World is fairly renowned for publishing weird 'exclusives' - usually from agents who have contacted Football League World for the sole purpose of driving up interest in their player.

I believe they were the online publication that pushed out the reports of Leeds United monitoring Michael Rose as well as Zain Westbrooke being linked with Leeds and West Brom.

Based on their previous record I'd say it probably isn't true.

It’s quite staggering how many people believe something because it’s from an account or website called “EFL” or “Insider”. No thought process involved, it must be true if it’s on the internet.

D

Deleted member 11652

It’s quite staggering how many people believe something because it’s from an account or website called “EFL” or “Insider”. No thought process involved, it must be true if it’s on the internet.

The only 2 reliable accounts on Twitter are Alan Nixon and the ex agent I think his name is John Harriott. Both bang on

KenilworthSkyBlue

The only two I follow now are the journalists Alan Nixon and Pete O'Rouke because they seem to have a built a fairly reputable network of contacts within the game over the years. But even then, they only really have half an idea of what's going on as it's all still second hand information.

I certainly don't bother with the Twitter rumour pages though. They're all much of the same. People who claim to be in the know but realistically just spend hours per day scouring the internet for information and will recycle links/rumours/news which they'll attempt to pass off as their own 'inside info' via their feed.

It's quite sad really.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

We only released the crack heads because we knew you were coming

no_loyalty

Do we have to mention Max in every thread, he is no longer with us FFS.

donald_trumps

I tell you what if we sign Nathan Baker that would be one hell of a signing. Bristol City paid £3.9m for him to take him from Villa.

procdoc

I’m sure that they said we had the second lowest budget in the championship with Wycombe having the lowest

Users who are viewing this thread