21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (19 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

I’ve noticed that we tend to get experienced players if they’re a significant upgrade. Injury aside Bennett would be one of them. 10-15k would be the going rate unfortunately.

that being said, as you’ve rightly pointed out, would it be worth it given his recent injury? That’s up to Robins - we’ve shown in recent years the ACL injuries don’t bother us - I also feel that the big money signing is earmarked for James

Also what we've got to bare in mind is how much our budget is available to spend compared to how many players we potentially need. Robins alluded to this a week or two ago where he more or less indicated that competing in the Championship for ready made players is going to be nigh on impossible and that the budget is already stretched thin. Not that neither statements are much of a surprise but I think both resonate even more after seeing the recent accounts.

With that in mind Robins isn't going to have a lot of leeway to put players on significant contracts when finances are tighter than ever.

I've suggested before I suspect this is going to be a very difficult window for Robins with a lot of twists and turns. Bennett won't be the last player of his ilk to be linked with us as I suspect Robins/Badlan are spreading their net as wide as possible to see if there are any deals out there in the attempt to get some bargains. The problem is everyone else will be doing the same due to the current economic climate and due to the lower divisions of Europe being for the most part closed off.

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I'd like to think we could perhaps get permanent deals done for Marosi and Allen. But with few clubs having the capital available to spend on transfer fees or even to pay up their contracts I'm not holding my breath.

The rest will have to be loans.
Would think we could scam Ipshit or Scumderland into buying Shipley for sommet like 750k or less with sell ons

ccfc_Tom

No chance Robins will be given the funds to sign him. We’ll be left with whoever the other teams don’t want. Probably more chancers from Europe
Who knows, I feel like sisu are starting to understand how football works. They have seen how investment in players can work. Hamer 1.3 mil last season already being talked about as possible 4-5mil. Osti has even more potential. Not sure what he would cost but say 1.5 with add ons and sell on, could easily make double in a year. If he signs a new contract, I think we would get him back on loan.

D

Deleted member 11652

Who knows, I feel like sisu are starting to understand how football works. They have seen how investment in players can work. Hamer 1.3 mil last season already being talked about as possible 4-5mil. Osti has even more potential. Not sure what he would cost but say 1.5 with add ons and sell on, could easily make double in a year. If he signs a new contract, I think we would get him back on loan.

I fear the budget has been blown on Sheaf, we are in big trouble as everyone around us is signing players

Skyblue_CP

I thought when the embargo was lifted an incoming was imminent, starting to get a little apprehensive on the total lack of any activity, already it's pretty late for Robins, makes you think we've missed out on a couple!

South West Sky Blue

Championship clubs are still massively over-spending on wages. The only ones who can viably function are ones who sell their best players for inflated fees to the Premiership. Huddersfield, Birmingham, Brentford have all made decent money in the last 12 months along with others.

We're kind of obliged to stick with our recruitment and wages model, whilst hoping the academy can unearth a gem here or there. The other option is to gamble and pay the £15k a week to most of the squad and £20k + a week to the odd special player in order to attract more "guaranteed" players, which is seemingly what most of the rest of the division do. However if we do that and then go down anyway - it puts the whole existence of the club at risk.
Ayew has been on £83k a week in the Championship!
If villa hadn't have gone up when they did, they would have been a Portsmouth.

I get that you're damned if you do with some fans and damned if you don't with others. I'd rather play it safe, try and stretch ourselves a little and if we miss out on better players, so be it. It hurts now and will frustrate, but at least we'll have a club in 5 years. It just needs the EFL to stick to financial fair play rules (which they're seemingly trying to do more of now).

eastwoodsdustman

No chance Robins will be given the funds to sign him. We’ll be left with whoever the other teams don’t want. Probably more chancers from Europe
While you have the Crystal ball out, can you let me know the lottery number for Saturday please?

How I wish I'd read the rest of the page first !

Samo

It’s too easy. Parks is the worst he reacts to every post I make.

Its a risky game to play... if you sound like an idiot, people will start to assume you are one

Skyblueweeman

Championship clubs are still massively over-spending on wages. The only ones who can viably function are ones who sell their best players for inflated fees to the Premiership. Huddersfield, Birmingham, Brentford have all made decent money in the last 12 months along with others.

We're kind of obliged to stick with our recruitment and wages model, whilst hoping the academy can unearth a gem here or there. The other option is to gamble and pay the £15k a week to most of the squad and £20k + a week to the odd special player in order to attract more "guaranteed" players, which is seemingly what most of the rest of the division do. However if we do that and then go down anyway - it puts the whole existence of the club at risk.
Ayew has been on £83k a week in the Championship!
If villa hadn't have gone up when they did, they would have been a Portsmouth.

I get that you're damned if you do with some fans and damned if you don't with others. I'd rather play it safe, try and stretch ourselves a little and if we miss out on better players, so be it. It hurts now and will frustrate, but at least we'll have a club in 5 years. It just needs the EFL to stick to financial fair play rules (which they're seemingly trying to do more of now).

There's absolutely no way, Ayew is on £83k a week.

Deity

I’m sure you are right but he’s not on the £4K - £5k we like to pay either .... even if he’s on 25% of the £83k it is still miles out of our affordability.

Football is broken financially. The average championship side loses £25m per season, and now the average Premier League side loses more than that ....

South West Sky Blue

Swansea City 2021 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

I saw the £83k quoted in an article about 10 days ago. I also didn't believe it at first.
It was the contract he signed whilst in the premiership. I just did a brief internet search and saw the above as well. I'm not saying it's definitely true, just that I've seen the same figure quoted in two different articles now. Not implausible either as it was during Premiership money times. Astonishing they wouldn't have a relegation clause. However from memory, they were desperate for a striker and signed him 5 months before they went down. Maybe it was the only way to get him to sign. Illustrates the gambling effect that some clubs do. Now their parachute money has gone, it's completely unsustainable. There's a hell of a lot of parachute money gone on one man.

Frostie

Swansea City 2021 Wages | Player & Team totals (salarysport.com)

I saw the £83k quoted in an article about 10 days ago. I also didn't believe it at first.
It was the contract he signed whilst in the premiership. I just did a brief internet search and saw the above as well. I'm not saying it's definitely true, just that I've seen the same figure quoted in two different articles now. Not implausible either as it was during Premiership money times. Astonishing they wouldn't have a relegation clause. However from memory, they were desperate for a striker and signed him 5 months before they went down. Maybe it was the only way to get him to sign. Illustrates the gambling effect that some clubs do. Now their parachute money has gone, it's completely unsustainable. There's a hell of a lot of parachute money gone on one man.

It's true.
There was a report before where they found it out & both he & his manager refused to deny it just saying he gives everything for the club. They've been trying to shift him ever since they got relegated but naturally nobody else is going to pay anywhere near that & he's not walking away from that fortune.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Saw Sheaf training hard in a park in Leamington today. Doing timed fartleks. (1 km on, one off). Fair play to him, was really working hard and it was scorching!
Personally I’m still not completely convinced by the lad , but despite the odd mistake, he showed glimpses of promise and quality. Would love him to sign and to play at his best for a while and reach his full potential with us

rexo87

Personally I’m still not completely convinced by the lad , but despite the odd mistake, he showed glimpses of promise and quality. Would love him to sign and to play at his best for a while and reach his full potential with us

Agreed. Wasn’t really impressed with his performances last season however he’s still only 23 and I would like to think that anyone could see he has some quality in him. Just got a feeling he will have a very good season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDK

Think there must be a set amount put aside for a name signing ,say James,
Think there will be 4 or 5 signings after the sheaf deal,suprised it hasn't been made public yet.

Users who are viewing this thread