21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (7 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

Back to Ayew - I'm genuinely, genuinely astounded he's on £83k a week in the Championship. Even if that's a legacy contract from their time in the Premiership.

How naive are clubs if they're not inserting clauses in contracts about wage reductions if relegated? It's no wonder that some clubs are close to going to the wall.

They're basically paying the same weekly wage that would likely cover the weekly wages of Godden, Walker, O'Hare, James, Osti, Hamer and Dabo for a player that's only scored 59 goals in 350 games.

Utter, utter madness.

Skybluefaz

Back to Ayew - I'm genuinely, genuinely astounded he's on £83k a week in the Championship. Even if that's a legacy contract from their time in the Premiership.

How naive are clubs if they're not inserting clauses in contracts about wage reductions if relegated? It's no wonder that some clubs are close to going to the wall.

They're basically paying the same weekly wage that would likely cover the weekly wages of Godden, Walker, O'Hare, James, Osti, Hamer and Dabo for a player that's only scored 59 goals in 350 games.

Utter, utter madness.
It is madness. Football finances are crazy.

Evo1883

Utter, utter madness.

Our fans wanted a statue of a player with worse stats than that ...now that's madness 🤣

slowpoke

Utter, utter madness.
Seen him three times recently and if that is his contract god help them and for how long. Would he be the highest in the championship not counting the relegated three.

slowpoke

👍🏻
Good lad. Think he moved into his new place in Leamington yesterday too so not sure why the hold up in announcing the deal.
Is there anything to announce ? We were told the deal last year, it’s only on here where doubt has been made.

NortonSkyBlue

I thought when the embargo was lifted an incoming was imminent, starting to get a little apprehensive on the total lack of any activity, already it's pretty late for Robins, makes you think we've missed out on a couple!
I would rather have a club to follow than worry about the lack of activity.
Let Robins and the team enjoy a well earned break and then we can see what may be available.
That said I have paid my season ticket money and am waiting to see who we buy before committing to buy you all a drink at the bar.

Terry Gibson's perm

Seen him three times recently and if that is his contract god help them and for how long. Would he be the highest in the championship not counting the relegated three.

I think his contract is nearly over, having seen him play he is in for a hell of a shock when he tries to get anywhere near that.

no_loyalty

I think his contract is nearly over, having seen him play he is in for a hell of a shock when he tries to get anywhere near that.

He might go to China (if they are still paying big money?), just to keep his salary high.

Frostie

The ironic thing is they had his brother Jordan first & then moved him on to Palace in 2018.
So he's been in the Premier League for the last 3 years whilst his brother's in the Championship yet Andre earns more than double what Jordan does 🤣

Frostie

Is there anything to announce ? We were told the deal last year, it’s only on here where doubt has been made.

Well yes, announce that the conditions were met & he's joining permanently. The only reason anybody knows what the conditions were are from Alan Nixon.
I mean, it matters not, he will be our player when the window opens. It's only the tin foil hat brigade that think Robins is trying to wriggle out of the deal, would just be good to finally put that to bed definitively.

Deity

Alex Gilliead been picked up by the telegraph aswell now, if this is true, it's rather underwhelming if you ask me.
It depends on the role of the player. If he’s to start in first team then yes I agree , but if is replace Kastaneer or someone equally fringe then frankly there is not much to lose

Terry Gibson's perm

He must have at least another year or surely he would have been on that released list that’s another £4million in the bin & for what.

Just looked on the Swansea equivalent of the telegraph and his contract has ended, as Swansea were in the play offs did they hold theirs back.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Alex Gilliead been picked up by the telegraph aswell now, if this is true, it's rather underwhelming if you ask me.

Football League World is fairly renowned for publishing weird 'exclusives' - usually from agents who have contacted Football League World for the sole purpose of driving up interest in their player.

I believe they were the online publication that pushed out the reports of Leeds United monitoring Michael Rose as well as Zain Westbrooke being linked with Leeds and West Brom.

Based on their previous record I'd say it probably isn't true.

Saddlebrains

This was my thought. Might have already signed players but waiting for MR to be available to do the customery handshake picture in his Nike air trainers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been tweeting the club everyday about M.R's airmaxes. I noticed hes had the same pair since 2017. Just want a few words from the man himself to confirm or deny. Because to keep air max in great nick for 4+ years he's got to be a wizard

Of course the club are ignoring me, but il get a response in the end. Told them il tweet them everyday until i get a response.

And no i don't have anything better to do

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

No, he was looking suspiciously at my 6 year old daughter who after taking inspiration from him started doing lunges and doing shuttle runs herself! Not sure a 6 year is going to be the best training partner for him. Fair play to him though, he seemed to be doing some hard graft!
I was worried with where this post was headed after the first 11 words.

Sprinting in this weather can't be fun, glad to hear he's looking to stay fit over the summer!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Utter, utter madness.
It’s more than our entire wage bill (about £79k pw) according to some reports.

Users who are viewing this thread