21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (11 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need first team centre backs and left backs, not ones that are bench level players.

People say they are happy with Cranie, presumably he would be one of those wouldn't he? Odd way to use one of the three players we have coming in.

Terry Gibson's perm

I really hope this new keeper is better than Wilson as he scares me and is a league two goalie, and f Wilson starts the first game I won’t be confident of a good season.

DannyThomas_1981

When have you seen Drysdale play? What other attributes does he have?
Just once to be honest. Looks to have a good mentality i.e. when things didn't go right for him in the first half of that game he played strongly in the second. Never hid. Potential at 6'5 to develop into a dominant CB in the air. But I saw his pace as a concern to play at higher levels.

Ccfcisparks

Just once to be honest. Looks to have a good mentality i.e. when things didn't go right for him in the first half of that game he played strongly in the second. Never hid. Potential at 6'5 to develop into a dominant CB in the air. But I saw his pace as a concern to play at higher levels.
What a talent you have Danny to be able to look inside someones head and judge their mentality, without even speaking to them!

Grendel

Taxi for Robins....4 seasons in a row now isn't it? I seriously wouldn't be trying to make others look stupid in your shoes.

You see managing that all by yourself - when have you seen Drysdale and what are his attributes?

Grendel

We’re you in the U.K. then?

Deity

Robins has told Boyle Sports that his hopes of landing 2 players within 10 days now look like it will take us longer.
Still ideally wants 4 before the deadline

procdoc

Please don't tell me Sparksy that you are seriously comparing Busquets to Drysdale as a CDM to try to win an argument?
For what it's worth I have seen him play and he's surprisingly fast; top 5-6 by pace in the Barca squad a few years back - although honestly not sure about now.
Anyway pre season on SBT has officially gone crazy.
No one is comparing Drysdale to Busquets ffs. We are saying you don’t need pace to be a CDM

DannyThomas_1981

No one is comparing Drysdale to Busquets ffs. We are saying you don’t need pace to be a CDM
Disagree but it's an opinion right? I disagree as the elite players referenced are far quicker than might be apparent - someone in my opinion with Drysdale's pace in the Champ at CDM would be a disaster but as always would love to be proven wrong and hope he does prove me wrong. Starting tonight if he's playing CDM!

Hertsccfc

I love Kelly. He was instrumental in L2 and L1 promotions. Same as Hyam. But we aren’t in L2 or L1 any more. Plus the hardon meme alone puts him in legend territory.

I think Sheaf can be a Championship Kelly and in his first season he’s shown that. (Minus the hardon)
Sorry but I can't let the Hyam comment go. He proved he is championship level last season. Had a loss of form in the middle if the season but a good start and end to the campaign. Don't go down the gives the ball away line and then laud Ostigard, whose distribution was far worse.

SlowerThanPlatt

Disagree but it's an opinion right? I disagree as the elite players referenced are far quicker than might be apparent - someone in my opinion with Drysdale's pace in the Champ at CDM would be a disaster but as always would love to be proven wrong and hope he does prove me wrong. Starting tonight if he's playing CDM!

But they are still not quick though are they compared to say the attacking players in the team?

D

Deleted member 11652

But they are still not quick though are they compared to say the attacking players in the team?

Busquets is faster than Messi? Can you not read? Some forwards are of course blessed with great athletic ability like Biamou was

DannyThomas_1981

Yes 100% agreed Platty. But pace is relative right - CDMs may not be as fast as the fastest forwards - but they still have to have some serious pace (compared to let's say non-elite players) to operate in that position at that level. Putting the likes of me in there or dare I say it Drysdale without that relative pace would be a disaster against fast nimble attacking midfielders.

SeaSeeEffCee

There are several on here that were adamant we were going down last season ...
You will get to know the names soon enough as it will be the same this year too 🤣
Surely he already knows them from his previous stint posting on this forum under his former name?

COV

There are several on here that were adamant we were going down last season ...
You will get to know the names soon enough 🤣

I could probably have a stab now :)

All opinions are valid and although I find shmmeee's anxiety about the squad irking I can't knock the bloke, he backs it up, knows his stuff. Its the general moaning that can't be backed up that isn't so good.

Am I in the minority on here in not giving a single toss if we win, lose or draw or if some players have absolute howlers as long as MR gets what he wants out of it and it helps him make decisions?

Must admit to being excited to see Bright :)

COV

How miserable - We’ll still put out a decent team v Forest who aren’t exactly that great to be honest….wimpy statement

This is it- we finished above Forest and I haven't been checking in detail but they haven't exactly been snapping new signings up have they? I rate Chris Hughton highly but would have thought there will be harder matches to follow. I can't wait.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes 100% agreed Platty. But pace is relative right - CDMs may not be as fast as the fastest forwards - but they still have to have some serious pace (compared to let's say non-elite players) to operate in that position at that level. Putting the likes of me in there or dare I say it Drysdale without that relative pace would be a disaster against fast nimble attacking midfielders.

No they don’t? Which defensive midfielders at the elite level have “serious pace”, it must be all of them?

DannyThomas_1981

What a talent you have Danny to be able to look inside someones head and judge their mentality, without even speaking to them!
No. I evidenced what he did on the pitch on his debut. Very shaky first half, didn't hide at all, recovered second. So in answer to what I saw as his attributes I see that as a positive.

procdoc

It’s not an opinion it’s a fact you don’t need pace to play there. Jorginho who’s just won the Euros has no pace

Users who are viewing this thread