21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (8 Viewers)

Evo1883

Michael Carrick often played that role too, was very good at it ..

As fast as a slug on morphine

I mean busquets is the modern day holding great with very little pace

Infact I'm struggling to think of many holding players that are rapid 😂

SlowerThanPlatt

That’s because you don’t have to be

Tommo1993

I can only think of Kanté

NorthernWisdom

There are several on here that were adamant we were going down last season ...
You will get to know the names soon enough as it will be the same this year too 🤣
Well, I'm usually pessimistic about our chances (too many years supporting us!) but does mean I don't throw my toys out the pram when we lose a game or four.
Anyway, avoiding relegation again will be a good season, if we can grow and develop a player or two while we're at it. So let's hope I'm not unpleasantly surprised for a change, eh? ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Its a new season, players signed with more to come, allowed back in the ground- whats not to like :)

MR will get it right again, no worries

Oh we got our STs months ago, very much looking forward to being in a ground again. Still 'concerned' by the defence as is though.

COV

Oh we got our STs months ago, very much looking forward to being in a ground again. Still 'concerned' by the defence as is though.

Yeah I get it- just don’t get how anyone can be concerned or confident, nobody knows what shape any of the other teams are in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah I get it- just don’t get how anyone can be concerned or confident, nobody knows what shape any of the other teams are in.

We can all make a decent stab at what shape we are in compared to where we were before. Goalkeeper is hopefully as you were, up front is certainly upgraded and we've got enough depth there to rotate and absorb injuries. Midfield addition of Bright does nothing for me, Sheaf was already here but good to have him permanently but James not being replaced thus far is a key miss. Jones is essentially a new signing too, who knows how he'll come back but quietly hopeful.

Defence we have still to replace McCallum and Osti factoring in that even with them we conceded 60+. I think it's fair enough to have some butterflies over starting the season with that still being the case

COV

We can all make a decent stab at what shape we are in compared to where we were before. Goalkeeper is hopefully as you were, up front is certainly upgraded and we've got enough depth there to rotate and absorb injuries. Midfield addition of Bright does nothing for me, Sheaf was already here but good to have him permanently but James not being replaced thus far is a key miss. Jones is essentially a new signing too, who knows how he'll come back but quietly hopeful.

Defence we have still to replace McCallum and Osti factoring in that even with them we conceded 60+. I think it's fair enough to have some butterflies over starting the season with that still being the case

Not arguing or agreeing- just can’t get quite so wound up as some before the season actually starts

Samo

I'm concerned about the defense and the attack. Oh and the bit between the two. I don't think its being negative to say at this point that its not going well.

junglej13

Jake Clarke-Salter played 45mins for Chelsea v Bournemouth tonight. Not sure if that rules him out of being an option.
Probably adds weight to what Robins was saying if anything. Some players from the Euros wont even join up with the Premier League squads probably till next week. Players like him won't be allowed to leave on loan until the big guns are back.

skyblueelephant76

Probably adds weight to what Robins was saying if anything. Some players from the Euros wont even join up with the Premier League squads probably till next week. Players like him won't be allowed to leave on loan until the big guns are back.
None of their first choice CBs played as they don't return to training until next week. Clarke-Salter didn't have a great game from the report although Sterling impressed playing on the right side of a back three.

rexo87

How about Andre Wisdom if he doesn’t get his contract sorted at Derby?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skybluegod

How about Andre Wisdom if he doesn’t get his contract sorted at Derby?

I thought this, then looked deeper, he was on huge wages previously (comparative to us) and his appearance record is pretty poor.

rexo87

I thought this, then looked deeper, he was on huge wages previously (comparative to us) and his appearance record is pretty poor.

I don’t think Derby can give him another contract over 10-11k? Someone will probably correct me but I’m sure I read that

shmmeee

I don’t think Derby can give him another contract over 10-11k? Someone will probably correct me but I’m sure I read that

Yeah I read £11.5k is their max on their forum. Don’t know how accurate that is.

Frostie

I was thinking that. Marvin Johnson is also available. Kyle Edwards still hasn’t signed for anyone

Edwards is on trial at Bournemouth.

Marvin Johnson is a weird one, his versatility has actually been more of a detriment than a benefit. I wouldn't want him as a wing-back & we don't use wingers.

Brighton Sky Blue

Edwards is on trial at Bournemouth.

Marvin Johnson is a weird one, his versatility has actually been more of a detriment than a benefit. I wouldn't want him as a wing-back & we don't use wingers.

We don't yet we have in recent years given contracts to Jones, Kasta, Hilssner, Dinanga, Jobello and co who are all predominantly wingers.

SBAndy

We don't yet we have in recent years given contracts to Jones, Kasta, Hilssner, Dinanga, Jobello and co who are all predominantly wingers.

To be fair:

- Jones has been with us for 5 years or so and is being retrained into the AM role.
- Kastaneer is just a geezer.
- Hilssner feels like a more pointless signing by the day, so I’ll give you that.
- Dinanga is a youth player and there’s no saying we won’t change formation if/when he develops.
- Jobello came in when we played 433. It was only his injury that brought about the change in location.

Users who are viewing this thread