21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

Sheaf might be ahead on every measure, except win % when starting. That proves to me Kelly is better suited in the starting lineup atm.

That’s not a thing.

One player doesn’t win matches. Sheaf played at the start of the season when the entire team was getting used to the league. Kelly played at the end when we were on a mission to get away from the drop and other teams were on the beach.

Ccfcisparks

That’s not a thing.

One player doesn’t win matches. Sheaf played at the start of the season when the entire team was getting used to the league. Kelly played at the end when we were on a mission to get away from the drop and other teams were on the beach.
Win percentage for individual players isnt a stat you are saying?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Fundamental flaw isn't there in your statement - Henderson does have pace. And I would suggest that the other players listed have more pace than you might imagine vs. Drysdale who seems to me to have most things apart from pace.

"There's no way you can play that position in the modern game at a high level without pace."

We've listed probably around 10 elite players in that position who either have no pace of particular note or who have been previously cited as having little pace.

Stop banging on about Drysdale and accept your opinion is completely baseless.

Ccfcisparks

"There's no way you can play that position in the modern game at a high level without pace."

We've listed probably around 10 elite players in that position who either have no pace of particular note or who have been previously cited as having little pace.

No you are wrong KSB, Danny has seen them all in person and they are 100% guaranteed faster than Drysdale, he has told us.

NorthernWisdom

It would be fair to say that you can be slower than Busquets, but read the game like he does and be alright at this level.

It's also fair to say you can be as quick as Busquets, but not read the game as well as him, and be alright at this level.

It's also fair to say if we were signing Busquets, we'd probably conclude we were doing better than Luton in the signings stakes.

shmmeee

Win percentage for individual players isnt a stat you are saying?

I mean it is a stat. So is number of pieces of toast I ate while watching them play. It’s not a relevant stat to judge a players performance on is what I’m saying. We saw that with @Philosorapter’s graphs that churned out some mental results.

DannyThomas_1981

I've just stated facts vs. your perception.
If Drysdale does play in DCM I for one seriously hope he proves me wrong.

COV

Love Kelly me 🤷‍♂️

If sheaf is able to have half the impact Kelly has had on this football club then he'd have done well here

I agree, it’s hard to keep up with who shhmeee is running down at any one time, but I think Kelly is important. Those games at the end of last season- Rotherham etc- those teams sure as hell weren’t on a beach, and he’s one of those guys where he has ‘presence’- you won’t see it on any stats or a graph but it’s important nonetheless. In fact you might say other players’ stats and graphs get better when he is alongside them.

Sky Blue Pete

He doesn’t though. That’s why we needed two other DMs alongside him. He might be able to see a pass but he rarely pulls it off. His use of the ball was embarrassing at times last season. His best work is helping out the defence in the box after the ball has got past him.

I like him a lot for what he’s done, much like Hyam, and much like Hyam we’ve progressed beyond him now. He’s never a Championship footballer.

We survived last season by playing 8 defensive players and lumping it long. It’s not a sustainable way to play at this level. Especially now we’ve got rid of the only striker we had who could get on the end of the aforementioned long balls.
Pulls it off fnar fnar

lol

Colin Steins Smile

You also have to factor in that we have a full season of Championship experience under our belt, you can't train that in. Mentally, physically & tactically we've been there and thats invaluable. Next season won't be as close as last season was to relegation (and we weren't all that close in the end).

Derby have already had it unless they get taken over in the season, they are this season's Sheffield Wednesday. 2 relegation spots to avoid.
Derby are likely to complete a takeover this week with a local businessman buying the stadium & training ground , whilst an American consortium connected to the local businessman will buy the club.
im guessing John Terry maybe their next manager

DannyThomas_1981

Delusional.
Your usual response of course when you are out of arguments.
Your opinion is that Drysdale has enough pace to play CDM. I absolutely don't agree and have tried to point out that players you have referenced as having no pace (Henderson, Busquets etc.) are far faster than might be the perception.
But it's an opinion right - I haven't seen Drysdale in CDM - I just think it's a bad idea and hope I'm wrong.
Let's agree to disagree.

COV

Derby are likely to complete a takeover this week with a local businessman buying the stadium & training ground , whilst an American consortium connected to the local businessman will buy the club.
im guessing John Terry maybe their next manager

Will they not even give Rooney a chance?

shmmeee

Love Kelly me 🤷‍♂️

If sheaf is able to have half the impact Kelly has had on this football club then he'd have done well here

I love Kelly. He was instrumental in L2 and L1 promotions. Same as Hyam. But we aren’t in L2 or L1 any more. Plus the hardon meme alone puts him in legend territory.

I think Sheaf can be a Championship Kelly and in his first season he’s shown that. (Minus the hardon)

Evo1883

I love Kelly. He was instrumental in L2 and L1 promotions. Same as Hyam. But we aren’t in L2 or L1 any more. Plus the hardon meme alone puts him in legend territory.

I think Sheaf can be a Championship Kelly and in his first season he’s shown that. (Minus the hardon)

Not enough smiles mate sorry

DannyThomas_1981

This is top speed - one sprint?

I think so but measured during game time - modern football is all about multiple fast sprints - it's on this basis I think that Mbappe is one of the fastest players of all time (i.e. top speed measured during a game).

Arguments aside SlowerthanPlatt, I do think perception plays a part in this - put any of the elite players referenced in this thread as 'slow' onto a pitch with non-elite players and they would look like lightning.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We're a couple of players away from a competitive side, it's not even in the same universe as the Mowbray transfer window.
Jesus Christ 🤣

Not sure what warranted such a response to be honest.

The team we have at the present moment isn't going to do that well is it? I said that it should be fine when we sign a few players, which is literally what you have just said too. Stop the press.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Your usual response of course when you are out of arguments.
Your opinion is that Drysdale has enough pace to play CDM. I absolutely don't agree and have tried to point out that players you have referenced as having no pace (Henderson, Busquets etc.) are far faster than might be the perception.
But it's an opinion right - I haven't seen Drysdale in CDM - I just think it's a bad idea and hope I'm wrong.
Let's agree to disagree.

Regarding Drysdale, that wasn't my opinion and totally irrelevant to the arguement.

You've claimed to only use facts to back up your arguement when all you've done is post a half arsed article that doesn't actually prove a great deal and a baseless statement that you thought Busquets was 'surprisingly fast' in the one time you saw him play.

What about all the other CDMs I've suggested who have all been cited by experts in the game as lacking pace? Have you seen them all play too? Or do you have any more half arsed stats to hand?

Carrick, Keane, Pirlo, Khedira etc.

DannyThomas_1981

Regarding Drysdale, that wasn't my opinion and totally irrelevant to the arguement.

You've claimed to only use facts to back up your arguement when all you've done is post a half arsed article that doesn't actually prove a great deal and a baseless statement that you thought Busquets was 'surprisingly fast' in the one time you saw him play.

What about all the other CDMs I've suggested who have all been cited by experts in the game as lacking pace? Have you seen them all play too? Or do you have any more half arsed stats to hand?

Carrick, Keane, Pirlo, Khedira etc.

Busquets is deceptively fast - fact.
Henderson was fast (fact) - although not sure if he's lost a yard over the last couple of years.
My best guess (opinion admittedly) is that the elite players mentioned including Keane, Henderson etc. are far faster over 4-5 yards vs. young Drysdale.
Drysdale lacks pace - as I see it and in my opinion as I have stated countless times I don't see him as a CDM.
But I would love to see him succeed - although I see that as more likely at CB.

Northants Sky Blue

Granted that other sides like Barnsley and Bournemouth have only made 1 signing but they finished top 6.
We needed improvement from the squad that finished the season and of the newbies/potentials...

Waghorn for Max-- 👍
Moore for Marosi-- Already seen suggestions Wilson will be 1st choice?
Maatsen for McCallum-- Hope it works 🤞
Craine for Osti-- Love the bloke but is that a step up?
???? for James-- Sheaf played second fiddle so not sure just making his signing permanent is an improvement to the squad?

Fingers crossed the gaffer sorts it in next 10 days

Last edited:

Grendel

No Danny you said a player can’t play at defensive midfield at a high level without pace. The players listed aren’t quick

Remember who he thought was the best athlete at the club. 😂

KenilworthSkyBlue

Busquets is deceptively fast - fact.
Henderson was fast (fact) - although not sure if he's lost a yard over the last couple of years.
My best guess (opinion admittedly) is that the elite players mentioned including Keane, Henderson etc. are far faster over 4-5 yards vs. young Drysdale.
Drysdale lacks pace - as I see it and in my opinion as I have stated countless times I don't see him as a CDM.
But I would love to see him succeed - although I see that as more likely at CB.

I will repeat as you seem to be fond of not reading posts. My concern isn't with whether Drysdale is fast or slow it's this initial comment which is factually wrong.

There's no way you can play that position in the modern game at a high level without pace.

Grendel

Fundamental flaw isn't there in your statement - Henderson does have pace. And I would suggest that the other players listed have more pace than you might imagine vs. Drysdale who seems to me to have most things apart from pace.

When have you seen Drysdale play? What other attributes does he have?

Users who are viewing this thread