Match Thread ⚽️ Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 8th May (4 Viewers)

CovInEssex

Have more of a bad feeling and more nervous for this than I ever was for Birmingham. And it's only Monday.

mmttww

We looked really solid against Blues and the press was really effective so while I understand the caution, why risk breaking up a system that's got us in to this positiion i.e. 3-5-2? I want the same XI and the same approach. We can always change it if it's not working.

Great_Expectations

Strange journey ahead for me.

I’m away this weekend for my Mother in Laws birthday, however by complete and utter (sort of fortunate) coincidence it’s on the North East coast and about 30 miles from Middlesborough.

Downside is the cottage is in a tiny village in the Moors so the only suitable train to Middlesborough I can get is 90 minutes and an early start. Which is fine, I’m just shitting it that either it doesn’t turn up or gets cancelled!

ccfcricoh

Concerned they're in the position to be able to take a reserve player red card to absolutely crock Gyokeres...

Think he'll be in for a very physical afternoon

I'm feeling pessimistic and think we'll lose, but also think there's every chance 2 of the other 3 will too!

AOM

Seriously tho:

Wilson
McNally Fadz Doyle
Kelly
Dabo Hamer Eccles Bidwell
Allen
Gyokeres

S: Moore, Panzo, BNC, JWE, Maguire, Godden, Walker

Think this is similar to what we'll go for, but not sure I could survive 90 minutes of sitting back and holding on...
Really don't like when we just invite the pressure on, it's when we usually blow 1-0 leads

Gibbo

I'd go for the max defence option - Dabo & Bidwell rather than JWE & BNC plus Jamie Allen running around harrasing them rather than Godden

Suspect Robins will not be as pessimistic.

Fear the worst

PVA

Yes I don’t think we need to do anything different or try and play for a 0-0. Just play our normal game which in itself is very much based on the counter-attack.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd go for the max defence option - Dabo & Bidwell rather than JWE & BNC plus Jamie Allen running around harrasing them rather than Godden

Suspect Robins will not be as pessimistic.

Fear the worst

Think Robins said they’ll be training hard most of this week, as it was for Birmingham I’d expect everyone to know their roles and instructions inside out.

Mucca Mad Boys

I fancy us to nick a win to give Middlesborough a bloody nose before the playoffs.

My head, is betting on a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Briles

It unnerves me just how strong first 11 Carrick put out against rotherham. Granted they lost but I'm defo not expecting any favours Monday. We need to treat it as a must win not a must draw

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

It unnerves me just how strong first 11 Carrick put put against rotherham. Granted they lost but I'm defo not expecting any favours Monday. We need to treat it as a must win not a must draw
Unfortunately can't see him resting players on Monday apart from anyone with a fitness issue. He'll want to keep everyone fit at this stage for the play offs.

Users who are viewing this thread