£5 tickets for Accrington - Community Day (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

How will security check everyones ticket in time ?

ccfcchris

It's you that keeps missing the point on this.
I'm saying all kids under 12 should be free with an adult.
You keep saying get them to become a JSB.
I'm saying that is inconvenient for most fans to do that so its not the answer if we want to encourage kids.
This match is a great deal but it's a one off and then the kids won't come because of the overall family cost.
Let adults not have to think of kids costs on the day and just turn up.
If it's that much trouble for you don't go. Simples.

ashbyjan

I think its a great initiative and hopefully gets a lot more folk into the Ricoh but it needs to be followed up with something and not just a one off, otherwise it will be13-15k for this game then back down to 7/8k for the next one. Assume its a good game and you convert 15% of the extra attendance to try the next match thats still only an extra 1000 or so. Would be good if they did, in conjunction with this, a special offer on half season tickets or next 5 games tickets ie buy this £5 one and get 20% off a 5 match package. The club needs to make attending matches exciting and interesting - forget the few who claim NOPM the majority who have drifted away have done so simply because what has been offered up on the pitch has been poor and folk have found other stuff to do on a Saturday etc. Marketing is not an instant transformation tool but slowly working in a joined up fashion to tempt people back, an extra few thousand because of a £5 deal, then convert some of those with a follow up deal etc etc. As long as the team performs on the pitch and the marketing initiatives to attend continue then support will drift back. If we are pushing for promotion come April then a full(ish) Ricoh would be an asset and help with a final push. Things wont change overnight but bit by bit if things are got right both on and off the pitch the club can rise again.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's you that keeps missing the point on this.
I'm saying all kids under 12 should be free with an adult.
You keep saying get them to become a JSB.
I'm saying that is inconvenient for most fans to do that so its not the answer if we want to encourage kids.
This match is a great deal but it's a one off and then the kids won't come because of the overall family cost.
Let adults not have to think of kids costs on the day and just turn up.
Italia you go with a disabled friend I seem to remember, was it inconvenient for that person to produce some sort of evidence?

ccfchoi87

So non season ticket holders can't take their kids for free. Thats my point.

You do not need an adult season ticket to get a Jsb season ticket just one single adult ticket. For example you could buy a ticket for Accrington in the same transaction as the JSB season ticket.

NortonSkyBlue

Very nice of the club to do this and also to prove to themselves and then the fans that the price elasticity is completely fictitious unless we do actually fill up the Ricoh so over to the fans, a lot have been squealing about how the club have done things wrong and the need to make it attractive.
15,000 max
No matter what offer the club put out somebody will criticize. Surely we can understand that there has to be some commercial benefit in whatever deal any business puts out?
I recognize that something is happening at the club in attempting to entice and encourage support and these are not even baby steps. We should acknowledge that and then it is up to individuals to take advantage of the offers or not.
MMJ is correct, a massive take up of this offer vindicates the stance that price is an issue, a poor response suggests that the club has wasted its time.

ashbyjan

No matter what offer the club put out somebody will criticize. Surely we can understand that there has to be some commercial benefit in whatever deal any business puts out?
I recognize that something is happening at the club in attempting to entice and encourage support and these are not even baby steps. We should acknowledge that and then it is up to individuals to take advantage of the offers or not.
MMJ is correct, a massive take up of this offer vindicates the stance that price is an issue, a poor response suggests that the club has wasted its time.

I believe there is a stirring of interest back in the club - the league performances whilst inconsistent have meant we have been there or there abouts in the play off places, the win over the clayheads was a great tonic and the numbers going to MK again indicate a small resurgence of feel good factor. This offer can build on that and slowly people will come back as long as the offers and the on pitch performances continue in an upwards trajectory. Most really do not care what SISU and Joy are up to, most are heartily sick of all the court room bollocks and as long as she doesn't undermine MR, the team keep winning and the marketing dept keeps up initiatives people will come back, might be slowly but it will be surely.

Skyblueweeman

I believe there is a stirring of interest back in the club - the league performances whilst inconsistent have meant we have been there or there abouts in the play off places, the win over the clayheads was a great tonic and the numbers going to MK again indicate a small resurgence of feel good factor. This offer can build on that and slowly people will come back as long as the offers and the on pitch performances continue in an upwards trajectory. Most really do not care what SISU and Joy are up to, most are heartily sick of all the court room bollocks and as long as she doesn't undermine MR, the team keep winning and the marketing dept keeps up initiatives people will come back, might be slowly but it will be surely.

Good post that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Just seen one post on twitter from a ST asking if they’ll be getting £10 back due to this offer! Madness!

The club should reply saying they will do that along with sending an invoice for the Blackburn ticket so that person actually owes the club £2. ;)

ashbyjan

Just seen one post on twitter from a ST asking if they’ll be getting £10 back due to this offer! Madness!
That attitude is as stupid as the one sometimes displayed on here moaning about "glory hunting" fans. Anyone who attends a match at the Ricoh should be welcomed as they are putting money in the budget for MR to either avoid selling on talent or being able to recruit. No doubt some will moan after the game about the time taken getting out of the car park or the length of queues at the half time kiosk - bollocks to that. The only way this club will survive let alone grow and prosper is attendence - SISU have long made it clear we are on our own so our fate is in our own hands and fans discouraging others is the last thing we need.

Seamus1

Have a look at the Coventry Telegraph comments section on this news if you really feel like smashing your head against a brick wall

italiahorse

If it's that much trouble for you don't go. Simples.
I'm fine, I 'm thinking of improving the walk up for families.
Most who can't be bothered to join their kids up as JSBs for the occasional afternoon out.

Just to complete my knowledge as the site is unclear.
As a season ticket holder with 4 grandkids under 12 if I want to take one up on occasion and sit them in the empty seat next to me in block 20 whats my best options ?

Nick

Administrator
I'm fine, I 'm thinking of improving the walk up for families.
Most who can't be bothered to join their kids up as JSBs for the occasional afternoon out.

Just to complete my knowledge as the site is unclear.
As a season ticket holder with 4 grandkids under 12 if I want to take one up on occasion and sit them in the empty seat next to me in block 20 whats my best options ?

The rule by the book would be I guess to sign them each up as JSBS, but as they won't be checking kids names on entry sign one up and get the free kids season ticket and then just decide who uses it. ;)

If it's an occasional thing and they dont want to sign them up then that's where they should pay, the same as if I occasionaly want to nip to the cinema I won't get deals and offers the same as good as people who go every week or sign up to a loyalty type scheme.

Adge

Surprised that no one has picked up on this before now about the “booking fees” etc being dropped for this game. Now I thought that Ticketmaster or whoever it is had a “mandatory” charge of £1 that the club always advertises as being nothing to do with them. Seems odd that the “mandatory” charge can be dropped?:emoji_thinking:

wingy

Surprised that no one has picked up on this before now about the “booking fees” etc being dropped for this game. Now I thought that Ticketmaster or whoever it is had a “mandatory” charge of £1 that the club always advertises as being nothing to do with them. Seems odd that the “mandatory” charge can be dropped?:emoji_thinking:
Maybe the real offer is tickets for £4+ticketmaster incorporated to £5?B-)

shmmeee

Got to be honest, and hate to back up italia and everything, but when I realised it’s JSBs only I did get a bit annoyed.

But then I realised it’s only a fiver so fuck it.

If CCFC used their marketing database at all I could see the point of forcing a signup, but they don’t, so there’s not really. Seems like needless friction in the customer acquisition process to me (just got out of a marketing meeting, can you tell?)

Otis

Got to be honest, and hate to back up italia and everything, but when I realised it’s JSBs only I did get a bit annoyed.

If CCFC used their marketing database at all I could see the point of forcing a signup, but they don’t, so there’s not really. Seems like needless friction in the customer acquisition process to me (just got out of a marketing meeting, can you tell?)
Most definitely. If you'd just come back from using a lady of the night I don't think you would be talking of the customer acquisition process.

Nick

Administrator

It's a stand full of school kids for free that game? Not just jsb

They do use the database for the jsbs, as I've pointed out..

Last edited:

chiefdave

It will be included in the ticket price, TM will still get their fee.

wingy

Most definitely. If you'd just come back from using a lady of the night I don't think you would be talking of the customer acquisition process.
Never use a credit Card,might be a booking fee, although that may be illegal now as I think legislation has gone through.
Being serious for one moment I think it better for all those add ons to be incorporated.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I noticed that too and pleasantly surprised it was a straight fiver.
My first game at Ricoh since Preston game that was about 3 weeks after Gillingham " back home " game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I guess anything can be waivered as a one off?

Otis

Never use a credit Card,might be a booking fee, although that may be illegal now as I think legislation has gone through.
Being serious for one moment I think it better for all those add ons to be incorporated.
I think if you want to swipe your credit card they charge extra.

Calista

Briefly skimmed some of the posts about having to be a JSB to be let in free (?). Maybe a compromise would be to let all kids in free, but then have people going round and signing up as many as possible to JSB (with suitable freebies etc.) once they are inside the ground? Just a thought - I don’t know if it’s practical, and I definitely won’t be getting into an argument about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread