Now its potentially a reality , Will mark Robins be Coventrys greatest manager if we get promoted (3 Viewers)

Is mark robins Our greatest ever manager if we get promoted

• Yes

Votes: 140 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

Skyblueweeman

Why can't we see who voted for what? Normally we can.

The 7 nos are I guess, G, Boosh and who else?

Grendel

Well NW I’d guess also others on the thread have said they don’t think he is.

Jimmy hill to me always will be anyway as he really created the club we have today.

Irish Sky Blue

People equate Robins with the Checkatrade win but that wasn't his squad or his efforts to get us there. We'd already qualified for the final when Robins was re-appointed and he didn't go into that with any momentum as his first 3 games (2 at home) were all defeats. So in that context, beating Oxford in the final could be considered as much Russell Slade's success as Robins'.

Everything since though, Robins, Viveash, Adi's predecessor Steve Taylor and the rest of the backroom staff have to take the full weight of praise for what has effectively been a phoenix-like transformation of the club.
It took him those three games to get to grips with the team. After these games the form of that team was transformed. A team that was constantly losing hit a level that wasn’t far off play off form if continued across a season. Oxford were red hot favourites for that game. I’m pretty sure if Slade had been in charge instead of Robins then the bookies would have been right. By the time of the Checkatrade final Robins has already started to turn things around.

croatskyblue

It took him those three games to get to grips with the team. After these games the form of that team was transformed. A team that was constantly losing hit a level that wasn’t far off play off form if continued across a season. Oxford were red hot favourites for that game. I’m pretty sure if Slade had been in charge instead of Robins then the bookies would have been right. By the time of the Checkatrade final Robins has already started to turn things around.

Oh with Slade in charge I’d say that day would have gone very differently.

It’s a landslide at the moment, good to see that people at last see what an incredible job Robins has done

Happy_Martian

Me. I gave my reasons all the way back in post 7 of the thread.

I genuinely feel at this moment Robins and Hill have both been the catalysts for incredible changes for this club and and the city as a whole. To a point that I think it's currently unfair to claim one is "greater" than the other. Even hypothetically or for fun. So I've said I think of them as joint GOATs with Sillett in 3rd.

Now, if Robins gets us a PL title or one of the European cups (if Leicester can, there's no reason we couldn't in the future), I could be tempted to rethink :)

shmmeee

Me. I gave my reasons all the way back in post 7 of the thread.

I genuinely feel at this moment Robins and Hill have both been the catalysts for incredible changes for this club and and the city as a whole. To a point that I think it's currently unfair to claim one is "greater" than the other. Even hypothetically or for fun. So I've said I think of them as joint GOATs with Sillett in 3rd.

Now, if Robins gets us a PL title or one of the European cups (if Leicester can, there's no reason we couldn't in the future), I could be tempted to rethink :)

Think this is a really fair point. Not much good to come from debating whether Hill or Robins or even Sillett is better. They’re all at the same legend status.

baldy

Your mate Grendel tried to drum up support for getting rid of Robins for a couple of years. He still won't admit he was wrong. Why don't you ever ask him?

Boosh doesn't even support City - in fact,I don't know why he/it/she's on this forum....or on this planet

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Well NW I’d guess also others on the thread have said they don’t think he is.

Jimmy hill to me always will be anyway as he really created the club we have today.

So you've changed your mind then because you posted earlier that Noel Cantwell was the best manager, because he got us into Europe.

SkyBlueDaz

You can only manage what you have in front of you, and Mark Robins was inheriting a club destined for league 2. If you are tasked 6 years to get to a championship play off final would any other of our previous managers done better? Jimmy Hill worked wonders on and off the pitch in a differnt era, get us promoted and Robins more than deserves to sat along side him.

croatskyblue

You can only manage what you have in front of you, and Mark Robins was inheriting a club destined for league 2. If you are tasked 6 years to get to a championship play off final would any other of our previous managers done better? Jimmy Hill worked wonders on and off the pitch in a differnt era, get us promoted and Robins more than deserves to sat along side him.
Jimmy Hill had a very big budget, I’d say Sillett would have been better equipped as he could take a team and get them performing way better than they did previously

bigfatronssba

Such a shame Jimmy Hill wasn't around long enough to have a picture with Robins & Sillett.

I think this picture of Robins and Sillett is great, would be the basis of some great artwork if Jimmy Hill was there with them.

Our three greatest managers

robins-and-js.jpg

Grendel

Oh dear

Grendel

We will have Dongle back soon

Users who are viewing this thread