Now its potentially a reality , Will mark Robins be Coventrys greatest manager if we get promoted (2 Viewers)

Is mark robins Our greatest ever manager if we get promoted

• Yes

Votes: 140 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

skybluetony176

Tony you backed every trust protest to remove the clubs owners. It was one catastrophic choice after another.

You even made bizarre claims you knew Callum Wilson was a star player in the making having never seen him play.

You never have any posts on match day threads other than I seem to recall claiming lee Burge was a quality keeper and RCC wasn’t but a year before you said the opposite

You have no opinion on the club on match days, it players, it’s the signings. You spent your entire time on politics (having been a Tory boy and UKIP boy on there) - no one cares about your views on football as you have none.

I’ve always found it pretty odd in truth you’ve always loved a protest but never matches
You’re actually right about something, even a broken clock etc. I never saw Callum Wilson play a competitive game for CCFC, well not in person anyway but I’ll do you a favour and let you have that one. What is truly bizarre though is that you apparently did and couldn’t see what a star he was or his potential. You went full Robins on Wilson.

covcity4life

You’re actually right about something, even a broken clock etc. I never saw Callum Wilson play a competitive game for CCFC, well not in person anyway but I’ll do you a favour and let you have that one. What is truly bizarre though is that you apparently did and couldn’t see what a star he was or his potential. You went full Robins on Wilson.
Can prob guess the reason didn't like Wilson

NorthernWisdom

Of course halfway through next season things will look very different in polls like this. Gyokeres and Hamer will have been sold, a team containing Wilson, McFadzean, Kelly, Allen, Godden and Tavares will be struggling to win a single game in the top flight. Fans will therefore decide that Robins is incapable of managing a top flight club and call for his head in exchange for a big name. Allardyce will make a triumphant homecoming and will sign Ivan Spunkalot on deadline day in January for £eleventy billion. As he wins three games for us, even though we go down he will be hailed as the managerial genius Robins isn't, who is now seen as yesterday's man, limited at top flight football management, only worth employing if firefighting at lower levels with boards who love litaigation and moving the club to random towns in the midlands.

Then, in the close season, we'll appoint Bryan Robson. We go again.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course halfway through next season things will look very different in polls like this. Gyokeres and Hamer will have been sold, a team containing Wilson, McFadzean, Kelly, Allen, Godden and Tavares will be struggling to win a single game in the top flight. Fans will therefore decide that Robins is incapable of managing a top flight club and call for his head in exchange for a big name. Allardyce will make a triumphant homecoming and will sign Ivan Spunkalot on deadline day in January for £eleventy billion. As he wins three games for us, even though we go down he will be hailed as the managerial genius Robins isn't, who is now seen as yesterday's man, limited at top flight football management, only worth employing if firefighting at lower levels with boards who love litaigation and moving the club to random towns in the midlands.

I give Grendel 5 games before he gets on the phone to Big Sam

croatskyblue

but how would that detract from what he did in getting us up from bottom to top in the first place? No matter what happened next season I would say you’re still looking at the big three of Hill, Sillett, Robins

I think you do a disservice to a big portion of supporters because the majority will know that without millions we will lose every week, and we likely won’t spend millions. The more stupid fans will think your way but I hope most are realistic

croatskyblue

Because people remember the present emotions, and diminish past achievements as a result.

That doesn’t hold water, when Hill came back as chairman he was despised and basically hounded out. But we all look back at what he achieved on the pitch and put him up as the best ever

opinions are all great, whether it’s Hill, Sillett, Cantwell or whoever, but I just don’t get the obvious begrudging by a few people to acknowledge that Mark Robins has done an incredible job in the face of constant problems

Robinshio

That doesn’t hold water, when Hill came back as chairman he was despised and basically hounded out. But we all look back at what he achieved on the pitch and put him up as the best ever
and he didnt step foot in the top flight as manager, so would that put MR above him

NorthernWisdom

Really?
if we’re including things like legacies, then Hill’s legacy includes almost bankrupting the place in the 1980s, selling off players to fund things like the Washington Diplomats, and getting to the point where enraged fans were storming onto the pitch wishing him dead.

opinions are all great, whether it’s Hill, Sillett, Cantwell or whoever, but I just don’t get the obvious begrudging by a few people to acknowledge that Mark Robins has done an incredible job in the face of constant problems
And I really don't get how when I try to pop up the achievements of others they're trivialised.

croatskyblue

and he didnt step foot in the top flight as manager, so would that put MR above him

true- he did actually have a few games in charge, holding the fort until a successor came in, and that’s often forgotten, but that must have been awkward for the players knowing he was off and wasn’t staying

Hutch11

King and Robins appear to have a good working relationship
If (and its still a big IF) we do go up I'd love DK to come out and say that however we are doing and whatever position in the league we are MR and his staff will be here the following season
Reiterate it and enforce it as the season goes on , because we all know that there will be calls for his head

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tony you backed every trust protest to remove the clubs owners. It was one catastrophic choice after another.

You even made bizarre claims you knew Callum Wilson was a star player in the making having never seen him play.

You never have any posts on match day threads other than I seem to recall claiming lee Burge was a quality keeper and RCC wasn’t but a year before you said the opposite

You have no opinion on the club on match days, it players, it’s the signings. You spent your entire time on politics (having been a Tory boy and UKIP boy on there) - no one cares about your views on football as you have none.

I’ve always found it pretty odd in truth you’ve always loved a protest but never matches

I hardly post on match day threads because I'm to busy watching the game.

Does that mean I'm not a fan ?

Brighton Sky Blue

King and Robins appear to have a good working relationship
If (and its still a big IF) we do go up I'd love DK to come out and say that however we are doing and whatever position in the league we are MR and his staff will be here the following season
Reiterate it and enforce it as the season goes on , because we all know that there will be calls for his head

I think giving him a 4 year contract is as good as

croatskyblue

yes really, I am just responding to your points, one minute you said it’s about legacies, then it was impact on the wider game- legacies can be taken by some but overall it’s the good times that are remembered.

Basically the goalposts keep being moved because some people just don’t want to come out and say what a job Robins has done and each to their own on that

Otis

I wouldn’t sack him even if we matched Derby’s record
Nope, I wouldn't sack him either. Surely we would all but almost expect us to lose the first 10 games anyway.

We know he can do the business at this level and we also know that if we did get to the Premier, it could take a least a couple of yo-yo seasons for us to be able to survive at the highest level.

I think everyone would be expecting us to be relegated from the Premier.

Hutch11

I think giving him a 4 year contract is as good as
Contracts are quite often, not worth the paper they are written on these days but even if we're bottom of the league with zero points after 30 games I'd still like King to come out and back his manager and me for one would not want him sacked

croatskyblue

Really?

And I really don't get how when I try to pop up the achievements of others they're trivialised.

nobody is trivialising anything

I think it’s pretty much unanimous that we have Robins, Sillett, Hill as our legends and they were amazing.
There are reasons why people will select one of them over the others but that’s not to say they were rubbish, they are all greats.

I don’t see why people get angry at someone saying they think Robins would be greater than Hill if we went up, it’s only opinions

NorthernWisdom

Nope, I wouldn't sack him either. Surely we would all but almost expect us to lose the first 10 games anyway.

We know he can do the business at this level and we also know that if we did get to the Premier, it could take a least a couple of yo-yo seasons for us to be able to survive at the highest level.

I think everyone would be expecting us to be relegated from the Premier.
It would also be nice if we also accepted that if we got relegated, we had no divine right to go up the folllowing season either, and could well not.

Users who are viewing this thread