Now its potentially a reality , Will mark Robins be Coventrys greatest manager if we get promoted (1 Viewer)

Is mark robins Our greatest ever manager if we get promoted

• Yes

Votes: 140 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

skybluetony176

Just a thought on the statistics side. Has a manager ever taken a team from league 2 all the way to the premier league before? Assuming we win and Robins does it will he be a first?

Grendel

Just a thought on the statistics side. Has a manager ever taken a team from league 2 all the way to the premier league before? Assuming we win and Robins does it will he be a first?

It depends if you believe football only started in 1992

Grendel

Eddie Howe isn’t one of them anyway, he left then went back.

Compared to the others I’d argue that Robins has faced more off-field crap than the rest, probably combined actually

Who are the rest?

Grendel

I’m going to say.. Dave Bassett, Jimmy Sirrell, John Toshack and Dave Bowen? The other couple left then went back so I don’t think you can count them

I don’t think Jimmy Sirrell did it. One is a slight cheat howe style but it answers Tony’s question

croatskyblue

I don’t think Jimmy Sirrell did it. One is a slight cheat howe style but it answers Tony’s question

god knows then, but if there are only 4 who’ve done it in the history of English football, that pretty much speaks volumes for what Robins has done. It’s impressive enough to list what he’s done but adding “doing something only 4 other managers have ever achieved”- for me that’s beyond legend status stuff

Grendel

god knows then, but if there are only 4 who’ve done it in the history of English football, that pretty much speaks volumes for what Robins has done. It’s impressive enough to list what he’s done but adding “doing something only 4 other managers have ever achieved”- for me that’s beyond legend status stuff

lol

Grendel

or Tony Mowbray apparently

it’s great that some people say Hill, Sillett, Robins and so on, it’s a great debate. What I don’t get- as comical as it is- is the attempt to downplay what Robins has done due to some strange personal grudge

I don’t understand the Mowbray thing - I wanted him sacked - I’d look what your new mate tony said about him

Grendel

You said there where 4 so you obviously know. Why ask or are you trying to be sarky on purpose?

Well I thought the football gurus of Tony and ROS would know.

theres 6 including Souness and Howe I believe - one of them is very well known

Grendel

200.gif

skybluetony176

I don’t understand the Mowbray thing - I wanted him sacked - I’d look what your new mate tony said about him
I said he’d signed for us because he was rebuilding his career, you called me a moron and declared that it was a scoop for SISU as he was a premier league quality manager. I like most enjoyed the football he had us playing and the hope he gave to the fans when he initially arrived and for the majority of his first full season and gave him the deserved credit he earned for doing that . I remember the trust asking questions in an open letter pre season before the start of his final season with us questioning his decision to sell Vincelot to buy Sordell. An approach I welcomed but you got angry about even though it was the obvious question to ask and ultimately proved the right question too. When he resigned I said it was the right thing to do, gave him credit for doing so and not taking a penny while doing it. I seem to remember you then went on to praise the appointment of Slade. Which I found very underwhelming.

Grendel

I said he’d signed for us because he was rebuilding his career, you called me a moron and declared that it was a scoop for SISU as he was a premier league quality manager. I like most enjoyed the football he had us playing and the hope he gave to the fans when he initially arrived and for the majority of his first full season and gave him the deserved credit he earned for doing that . I remember the trust asking questions in an open letter pre season before the start of his final season with us questioning his decision to sell Vincelot to buy Sordell. An approach I welcomed but you got angry about even though it was the obvious question to ask and ultimately proved the right question too. When he resigned I said it was the right thing to do, gave him credit for doing so and not taking a penny while doing it. I seem to remember you then went on to praise the appointment of Slade. Which I found very underwhelming.

Tony you didn’t go to hardly any games

The Trust asking questions - good god

How would you know?

The most games you saw in a season was standing on a hill at Sixfiekds - sorry Suxfiekds - where you disparaged genuine fans entering the ground

We all know it

croatskyblue

How would you know?

The most games you saw in a season was standing on a hill at Sixfiekds - sorry Suxfiekds - where you disparaged genuine fans entering the ground

We all know it

In amongst the arguing, can you explain the Souness reference as I googled and I can’t see that he took a team from the fourth division to the first? Taylor was an obvious one and I missed that one completely

Grendel

In amongst the arguing, can you explain the Souness reference as I googled and I can’t see that he took a team from the fourth division to the first? Taylor was an obvious one and I missed that one completely

my mistake I was referring to toshack

there is 1 more - but it is a Howe type thing an incredible feat given the club though

skybluetony176

How would you know?

We all know it
The most embarrassing thing about this post is if it was true someone who apparently doesn’t goes to games still understands more than you and gets more right than you.

Still, what else have you got. You can’t argue me on the points I’ve highlighted because I’m 100% correct whereas your record is you’ve always been proven to be wrong.

You’re the worst type of fan, you’re clueless yet somehow convinced that you’re right, you’re only happy when we’re losing to the point that I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only fan in the country who leaves early in a sulk when your team is winning.

Grendel

The most embarrassing thing about this post is if it was true someone who apparently doesn’t goes to games still understands more than you and gets more right than you.

Still, what else have you got. You can’t argue me on the points I’ve highlighted because I’m 100% correct whereas your record is you’ve always been proven to be wrong.

You’re the worst type of fan, you’re clueless yet somehow convinced that you’re right, you’re only happy when we’re losing to the point that I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re the only fan in the country who leaves early in a sulk when your team is winning.

Tony you backed every trust protest to remove the clubs owners. It was one catastrophic choice after another.

You even made bizarre claims you knew Callum Wilson was a star player in the making having never seen him play.

You never have any posts on match day threads other than I seem to recall claiming lee Burge was a quality keeper and RCC wasn’t but a year before you said the opposite

You have no opinion on the club on match days, it players, it’s the signings. You spent your entire time on politics (having been a Tory boy and UKIP boy on there) - no one cares about your views on football as you have none.

I’ve always found it pretty odd in truth you’ve always loved a protest but never matches

croatskyblue

Tony you backed every trust protest to remove the clubs owners. It was one catastrophic choice after another.

You even made bizarre claims you knew Callum Wilson was a star player in the making having never seen him play.

You never have any posts on match day threads other than I seem to recall claiming lee Burge was a quality keeper and RCC wasn’t but a year before you said the opposite

You have no opinion on the club on match days, it players, it’s the signings. You spent your entire time on politics (having been a Tory boy and UKIP boy on there) - no one cares about your views on football as you have none.

I’ve always found it pretty odd in truth you’ve always loved a protest but never matches

is all this stuff really that important?

Grendel

I disagree with @procdoc aa the management thing is interesting. @skybluetony176 if you get the missing manager in 5 minutes I’ll try and get you a ticket for the Final

Grendel

And I’ll pay for it just to shut you up

Grendel

Funnily enough the club in question is where my family are from and I went to a game there once when visiting - can’t remember opposition but I’d assume the promotion season for the top flight

Users who are viewing this thread