Hello everyone . . . Sunderland fan coming in peace to talk about my book . . . (1 Viewer)

Otis

Agree in parts - there has been and still is bad blood amongst some fans from each club. Don't mind the criticism for being a Sunderland fan.

For what it's worth, forgetting my being a Sunderland fan if you like football I think there is a very good chance you'd like the book, I honestly don't expect you to buy it though!!
Could you maybe buy the book for me and then PM me and I will give you a false address.

rejected

Time for some sleep me thinks. Thank you for the warm welcome this evening and tonight. Look forward to the coming days and weeks on the board.

Feel free to download the book and have a laugh through the night!! :)

martcov

All about opinions. I obviously remember better than you and better than him.
Get yourself on to a Sunderland forum site and tell them that you're a Cov fan and that your selling a book or what ever else you can think of that is Coventry City related and see what the response is. Don't just answer me back with your usual inane retorts. Register with them and introduce yourself as who you are and that you run this site and see what you get.
Or just shut up.

Ffs. Bitter and twisted. They have some tossers as fans, doesn't mean we have to have some as well.

mark82

All about opinions. I obviously remember better than you and better than him.
Get yourself on to a Sunderland forum site and tell them that you're a Cov fan and that your selling a book or what ever else you can think of that is Coventry City related and see what the response is. Don't just answer me back with your usual inane retorts. Register with them and introduce yourself as who you are and that you run this site and see what you get.
Or just shut up.

Someone decided to make a twat of themselves on the Internet last night.

ovduk78

I worked in Southend between 95 & 98 with a Sunderland season ticket holder (yes, he went to all their games from Southend!!!!) and he never had a problem with me or Coventry City. Maybe he didn't have any more hate left in his body as he really hated the geordies and was upset when they wouldn't let him put FTM (Fuck The Mags) on his brick at the Stadium of Light!! I went to watch a game with him in the Championship in 97/98 and never had a problem with any of their fans.
In 96/97 we should both have been relegated but thanks to Middlesboro's 3 point deduction they went instead of us.
I had a spare ticket for the Spurs game and took my friend who lived in Leyton, also a Sunderland fan who didn't go and watch them. It was surreal watching us all celebrating at the end whilst he just stood still.

rejected

I worked in Southend between 95 & 98 with a Sunderland season ticket holder (yes, he went to all their games from Southend!!!!) and he never had a problem with me or Coventry City. Maybe he didn't have any more hate left in his body as he really hated the geordies and was upset when they wouldn't let him put FTM (Fuck The Mags) on his brick at the Stadium of Light!! I went to watch a game with him in the Championship in 97/98 and never had a problem with any of their fans.
In 96/97 we should both have been relegated but thanks to Middlesboro's 3 point deduction they went instead of us.
I had a spare ticket for the Spurs game and took my friend who lived in Leyton, also a Sunderland fan who didn't go and watch them. It was surreal watching us all celebrating at the end whilst he just stood still.

Thanks for this, aye, we aren't a bad bunch!! Maybe one or two are but think everyone has them!!

Bet it was surreal for him!!

skybluesam66

Rejected - you seem nice enough, but that is because you are a salesman
I can take banter from Mackems, but a lot of it has been very bad taste - look over the sunderland forums re Jimmy hill - even post death, and that wasnt banter
So as a person you are probably ok, but whenever there has been any hate whipped up on the sunderland forums for us or Jimmy hill, there has been no voice of reason to calm things down, and put across a balanced viewpoint (and no I dont mean you VOR)

mrtrench

Remember people that the world is made up of individuals. You cannot assume someone's favourite food from their colour; their political views from their sexuality or their temperament from the football team they support. If you assume that people are unpleasant because they support Sunderland you'll miss out on meeting some lovely people. Enough with the stories about things that other S'land fans have said already! :)

skybluebeduff

Hello everyone. I hope you are well, you could well of heard about my book as Coventry City are mentioned in EVERY single TV and newspaper article I do on the book.

Basically I wrote to EVERY club in the country applying to be their manager using funny letters over an 8 year period. The book compiles all the letters and responses I received, some of which were brilliant.

The Coventry story was BRILLIANT due to the incredibly unique response I received. The club have been brilliant with me and also tweeted about the book.

As mentioned, I've done several interviews, the biggest one being on talkSPORT, H and J loved the book and especially the Coventry story.

It is available as an eBook for just £2.99 here -

It appears the link won't load the actual book - it is REJECTED by Peter Richardson

It is also available as a paperback if you're interested.

Many thanks for allowing me to post this on your board, I am sure your fans will really enjoy the book.

If you have any questions please fire away.

Any mention in the book about how bitter your fans are to our club? and the appalling celebrations by your fans when Jimmy Hill passed away?

Wheelfass

Someone decided to make a twat of themselves on the Internet last night.
You are of course free to call me what you want. However, I'm unrepentant and my views won't change.
For instance. I like your avatar, but post it up on a Sunderland site and see what happens.

Otis

Remember people that the world is made up of individuals. You cannot assume someone's favourite food from their colour; their political views from their sexuality or their temperament from the football team they support.
Blue, left, hetro, a bit grumpy, Coventry City.

Users who are viewing this thread