Hello everyone . . . Sunderland fan coming in peace to talk about my book . . . (5 Viewers)

The Reverend Skyblue

You should buy it, heard it's a good book!! However, don't think there is a mention of him in there??!!

Have I missed something he has done? Is it just you or do all Cov fans dislike him?!
He did the worlds ditiest tackle to break one of our players legs, the said player was never the same player again.
Steve Froggatt, can't remember if he played after but it was horrific.

rob9872

Another less than fond memory was at Roker Park when Gary Bennett assaulted Speedo. Not a saint himself but didn't deserve to be sent off with Bennett that night - 6 hours on a bloody coach midweek too to see a 0-0!

rejected

Any free copies to give to a user for a random competition prize? :) They can also review it then ;)

Yes, definitely - if you Direct message me N address I'm happy to send a signed copy. You can run a competition as you see fit.

Thank you for allowing me to post about my book. Hope you enjoy if you download a copy/read it!!

Nick

Administrator
Yes, definitely - if you Direct message me N address I'm happy to send a signed copy. You can run a competition as you see fit.

Thank you for allowing me to post about my book. Hope you enjoy if you download a copy/read it!!

I am not sure what a competition could be, if you can think of something funny for the members you are welcome to judge it and send a freebie to the winner :)

Cov kid 55

Thanks!! Yeah, the 96/97 season, your game away at Spurs was delayed. I explain why it was delayed in the book!! It's true too!!

I'll have a word with them!! Hopefully they'll listen!!

Thank you, hope you enjoy it if you give it a go?!

I live in the North East of England, and travelled down to White Hart Lane to see the last game of the season (1997), one we had to win to have any chance of staying up. We won 2-1, winning goal from Dublin, heroic performance from Oggy! You must have been playing down south, because on the way home up the A1, I had my Sky Blue scarf out of the window, and the abuse we got from Sunderland fans driving alongside was spectacular! - bless them! By the way, my grandad, who was born in South Shields, was a huge Sunderland fan in the early 1900's. Used to walk to the ground from Shields, 9/10 miles? Good luck with the book!

rejected

I live in the North East of England, and travelled down to White Hart Lane to see the last game of the season (1997), one we had to win to have any chance of staying up. We won 2-1, winning goal from Dublin, heroic performance from Oggy! You must have been playing down south, because on the way home up the A1, I had my Sky Blue scarf out of the window, and the abuse we got from Sunderland fans driving alongside was spectacular! - bless them! By the way, my grandad, who was born in South Shields, was a huge Sunderland fan in the early 1900's. Used to walk to the ground from Shields, 9/10 miles? Good luck with the book!

Thanks mate, yeah we were at Wimbledon!!

Quality about your Grandad. Amazing.

Hope you enjoy it if you have a read.

lifeskyblue

Good luck with the book.
Was Tim fishers response...'the jobs yours if you provide a ready built ground anywhere within a 200 mile radius of Coventry'

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cov kid 55

Another less than fond memory was at Roker Park when Gary Bennett assaulted Speedo. Not a saint himself but didn't deserve to be sent off with Bennett that night - 6 hours on a bloody coach midweek too to see a 0-0!

But we did win the replay 5-0. A Steve Livingstone hatrick. I was at the Roker Park game, and I seem to remember that Speedie was winding up Bennett the whole match, until GB snapped. Bennett had Speedie by the throat and was pushing him over the wall into the crowd, while S was swinging at B, but couldn't reach him because B's arm was too long! Best part of a boring game!!

wingy

But we did win the replay 5-0. A Steve Livingstone hatrick. I was at the Roker Park game, and I seem to remember that Speedie was winding up Bennett the whole match, until GB snapped. Bennett had Speedie by the throat and was pushing him over the wall into the crowd, while S was swinging at B, but couldn't reach him because B's arm was too long! Best part of a boring game!!
Remember the Livingstone hatrick.

Wheelfass

I was on a coach coming back from Tottenham when you lot were in a coach coming back from Wimbledon (it was April 97). Looking at your fans it could have been WW111 if the coaches had stopped together for a while.
I also remember the Sunderland response from our country wide Internet appeal to our plight a few years back.
Fuck your book and your club.

rejected

Good luck with the book.
Was Tim fishers response...'the jobs yours if you provide a ready built ground anywhere within a 200 mile radius of Coventry'

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His response was clever and showed a real sense of humour.

Unlike some other chairmen at other clubs!!

Last edited:

rejected

I was on a coach coming back from Tottenham when you lot were in a coach coming back from Wimbledon (it was April 97). Looking at your fans it could have been WW111 if the coaches had stopped together for a while.
I also remember the Sunderland response from our country wide Internet appeal to our plight a few years back.
Fuck your book and your club.

Fully understand, as long as you know it wasnt me personally.

As it happens I was at your last game as a home team at Sixfields. Have always felt for your fans on this front.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I hope you are well, you could well of heard about my book as Coventry City are mentioned in EVERY single TV and newspaper article I do on the book.

Basically I wrote to EVERY club in the country applying to be their manager using funny letters over an 8 year period. The book compiles all the letters and responses I received, some of which were brilliant.

The Coventry story was BRILLIANT due to the incredibly unique response I received. The club have been brilliant with me and also tweeted about the book.

As mentioned, I've done several interviews, the biggest one being on talkSPORT, H and J loved the book and especially the Coventry story.

It is available as an eBook for just £2.99 here -

It appears the link won't load the actual book - it is REJECTED by Peter Richardson

It is also available as a paperback if you're interested.

Many thanks for allowing me to post this on your board, I am sure your fans will really enjoy the book.

If you have any questions please fire away.

Downloaded. Me and the lad have had a good laugh already. Good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wheelfass

Fully understand, as long as you know it wasnt me personally.

As it happens I was at you last game as a home team at Sixfields. Have always felt for your fans on this front.
Don't give a shit if it was you on the coach on the way back from Tottenham or even if it was your Dad. Also being in the home end at Sixfields for a Cov games makes you a twat in my eyes. For the reasons already quoted you and club can fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
Don't give a shit if it was you on the coach on the way back from Tottenham or even if it was your Dad. Also being in the home end at Sixfields for a Cov games makes you a twat in my eyes. For the reasons already quoted you and club can fuck off.

giphy.gif

Wheelfass

So it is more than likely before his? Can understand disliking the club, but to be like that with him?
All about opinions. I obviously remember better than you and better than him.
Get yourself on to a Sunderland forum site and tell them that you're a Cov fan and that your selling a book or what ever else you can think of that is Coventry City related and see what the response is. Don't just answer me back with your usual inane retorts. Register with them and introduce yourself as who you are and that you run this site and see what you get.
Or just shut up.

rob9872

Used to see a lot of Livingston at my nans as he was best mates with David Smith. Really good lad and always thought he'd go on to be a top player for us but never quite kicked on. Had a decent career still just a bit lower down.

rejected

I was in the away end at Sixfields if that helps?! You played Barnsley. I'm a resident of Barnsley and have been for many a year!! My dad wasn't on that coach either, neither were my brothers. We drove to Selhurst that day.

Nick

Administrator
Get yourself on to a Sunderland forum site and tell them that you're a Cov fan and that your selling a book or what ever else you can think of that is Coventry City related and see what the response is. Don't just answer me back with your usual inane retorts. Register with them and introduce yourself as who you are and that you run this site and see what you get.
Or just shut up.

Nah, I am just off to find some 18 year old Germans to shout abuse at about the war.

He is saying it is CCFC related because he applied for the CCFC job.

rejected

Or just shut up.

Agree in parts - there has been and still is bad blood amongst some fans from each club. Don't mind the criticism for being a Sunderland fan.

For what it's worth, forgetting my being a Sunderland fan if you like football I think there is a very good chance you'd like the book, I honestly don't expect you to buy it though!!

Wheelfass

Agree in parts - there has been and still is bad blood amongst some fans from each club. Don't mind the criticism for being a Sunderland fan.

For what it's worth, forgetting my being a Sunderland fan if you like football I think there is a very good chance you'd like the book, I honestly don't expect you to buy it though!!
Fair play for your decorum under my pressure. My opinion of yours fans will not change due to my life experiences.

rejected

Fair play for your decorum under my pressure. My opinion of yours fans will not change due to my life experiences.

And I wouldn't expect it too, just like there would be some of our fans who would be exactly the same on readytogo - when talking purely about the clubs we support.

rejected

Do any of you use other clubs forums??

It surprised me how many do. I've got to say there is some great banter to be had with fans of other clubs.

Best ones so far include - UpTheClarets (Burnley)
The Oatcake (Stoke)

Users who are viewing this thread