Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (1 Viewer)

GIMOC

I got a blowjob in the bathroom in the box before the match once from a waitress… great service hahaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw that extra into the mix, sell out in no time. although the coke heads won’t be happy waiting in the queue

AOM

This is all just a ploy to remove the "mature ladies" who continue to wear torn jeans and replica shirts to games under their coats

SAJ

That’s around 10 out of 30+ boxes which still leaves over 20+ boxes.
But 10 boxes at £25k is going to be roughly the same as 30 boxes at £8k.
I do agree it seems an unusual way to treat people without consulting them and I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t have done it this way as I would have taken a more incremental approach. But then again my business is not as successful as his.
I can only assume he has done some research and believes he will get more than the £250k he was getting just from the boxes?

rob9872

That's fine, if they'd given the chance to get back in the crowd at the same time as everybody else
They weren't banned from buying them but chose to wait. You're just sticking up for the rich like the typical Tory you are 😎

ccfcricoh

i dont get why it should've been incremental increase, we are now charging championship prices for a corporate box whilst being in the championship.

Anyone that has had a box has been underpaying previously, that's a bonus, doesn't mean its a bonus that should carry on to spread it out a few more years.

If DK wants to challenge playoffs over the next 5 years, spreading a revenue increase over years isnt going to help, we need it now

If people cant afford it anymore, or cant justify it, dont buy it, move elsewhere or go elsewhere.

I would put my house on the fact that next seasons ticket revenue will way surpass last seasons, as it should!

Only issue i see is the fact it wasnt all announced at the same time so those leaving corporate had more options elsewhere, but equally i imagine come "release day" loads more spaces will become available, weve still got about 13k empty seats to sell

Ccfcisparks

i dont get why it should've been incremental increase, we are now charging championship prices for a corporate box whilst being in the championship.

Anyone that has had a box has been underpaying previously, that's a bonus, doesn't mean its a bonus that should carry on to spread it out a few more years.

If DK wants to challenge playoffs over the next 5 years, spreading a revenue increase over years isnt going to help, we need it now

If people cant afford it anymore, or cant justify it, dont buy it, move elsewhere or go elsewhere.

I would put my house on the fact that next seasons ticket revenue will way surpass last seasons, as it should!

Only issue i see is the fact it wasnt all announced at the same time so those leaving corporate had more options elsewhere, but equally i imagine come "release day" loads more spaces will become available, weve still got about 13k empty seats to sell
People are saying do incremental increases, but if we had a bad year next year, and finished lower mid table, people would say the increase is unjustified.

Voice_of_Reason

Some are going to be seriously annoyed those prices...

£25,000 a season for a 12 seater box.
Has anyone compared our new corporate prices with other Championship clubs ?
We are no longer a mediocre League 2 or League 1 club, but an established top Championship club.
If supporters expect us to compete, then revenue is essential. You can't get success on a shoe string.

David O'Day

Has anyone compared our new corporate prices with other Championship clubs ?
We are no longer a mediocre League 2 or League 1 club, but an established top Championship club.
If supporters expect us to compete, then revenue is essential. You can't get success on a shoe string.
Yeah they are comparable to a lot of other teams our size and far cheaper than others so seem to sell them at up to 50k (but that includes booze)

Balli001

Based on the £9000 for 12 people over 23 games that means some games last year they would have got hospitality for free! Even at 25000 and 90 a game it's a decent deal to me. Not surprised we offered basic hospitality if they didn't get any money to pay for it!

David O'Day

Based on the £9000 for 12 people over 23 games that means some games last year they would have got hospitality for free! Even at 25000 and 90 a game it's a decent deal to me. Not surprised we offered basic hospitality if they didn't get any money to pay for it!
I'm pretty shocked that per person per game they were paying basically the same as someone who brought a general ticket on the day

Feb57

The arguments in the posts seem to be mostly about the executive boxes, but there are the other alleged Premium seating areas that have also been hiked as have other areas of the ground.
I am fortunate enough to have been able to afford a place in the Club Coventry Lounge for the past season and before that at Birmingham in the JC Lounge before we came back to the arena.
I do not consider myself to be a member of the Prawn sandwich brigade, supporting Coventry City is my one passion and I have worked hard to be able to afford this in my later years (yes I am a pensioner and a supporter of this club since the age of 5. Do the maths.). I have done my time getting soaked on the Spion Kop, West End, Sky Blue Terrace (Norwich 5-4) and in the latter years the West Stand. Therefore, I believe before some of you start saying Prawn brigade I have earnt the right to enjoy the football in my later years in what some might call a privlidged seat. These packages are sold as Premium and the one at Birmingham certainly was. However, the Club Coventry Lounge experience is far from Premium. I am basically paying double money for a seat close to the halfway line with a cup of tea/coffee at half time, a programme, a team sheet(wow) and an interview with the MOM that is very often hard to hear as the over exuberant fans who have had too much to drink drown out the speaker.
I recognise its my choice as to whether I purchase a seat in said area, but in only releasing the seats after every other area has been released and the better positioned seats (Individual choice as to what is a better view) already taken then the club have shafted me. This also applies to the Legends lounge which has doubly been hit by taking away the concession availability. As for Mills, unless you sit on the furthest row back ( J I think, just in front of the press box) when it rains you get wet (this I know as I used to sit there previously) and now they want you to pay £750 for the experience.
We all want the club to be able to prosper and move forward but ..... by only drip feeding the prices and availability you have and one might say cynically shafted some of your fan base in the knowledge that as I feel, I have no option if I want to stay with a seat near the halfway line, I have to cough up £925 as opposed to £400 had you released all of the seating plans and prices in one go.
The alternative, I wait until July 4th see what becomes available in the hope that I can get seats in the opposite stand but at the risk of losing my seat now and nothing being available in the other stand. Happy Days!
PUSB

Ashdown

It doesn’t bode well for for match day prices on single tickets. Crowds will fall away if it’s too expensive and for sure if the team are not performing.
Surely with the boxes , it should have gone £15,000, £20,000 then £25,000 in successive seasons whilst improving the quality at the same time ?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The arguments in the posts seem to be mostly about the executive boxes, but there are the other alleged Premium seating areas that have also been hiked as have other areas of the ground.
I am fortunate enough to have been able to afford a place in the Club Coventry Lounge for the past season and before that at Birmingham in the JC Lounge before we came back to the arena.
I do not consider myself to be a member of the Prawn sandwich brigade, supporting Coventry City is my one passion and I have worked hard to be able to afford this in my later years (yes I am a pensioner and a supporter of this club since the age of 5. Do the maths.). I have done my time getting soaked on the Spion Kop, West End, Sky Blue Terrace (Norwich 5-4) and in the latter years the West Stand. Therefore, I believe before some of you start saying Prawn brigade I have earnt the right to enjoy the football in my later years in what some might call a privlidged seat. These packages are sold as Premium and the one at Birmingham certainly was. However, the Club Coventry Lounge experience is far from Premium. I am basically paying double money for a seat close to the halfway line with a cup of tea/coffee at half time, a programme, a team sheet(wow) and an interview with the MOM that is very often hard to hear as the over exuberant fans who have had too much to drink drown out the speaker.
I recognise its my choice as to whether I purchase a seat in said area, but in only releasing the seats after every other area has been released and the better positioned seats (Individual choice as to what is a better view) already taken then the club have shafted me. This also applies to the Legends lounge which has doubly been hit by taking away the concession availability. As for Mills, unless you sit on the furthest row back ( J I think, just in front of the press box) when it rains you get wet (this I know as I used to sit there previously) and now they want you to pay £750 for the experience.
We all want the club to be able to prosper and move forward but ..... by only drip feeding the prices and availability you have and one might say cynically shafted some of your fan base in the knowledge that as I feel, I have no option if I want to stay with a seat near the halfway line, I have to cough up £925 as opposed to £400 had you released all of the seating plans and prices in one go.
The alternative, I wait until July 4th see what becomes available in the hope that I can get seats in the opposite stand but at the risk of losing my seat now and nothing being available in the other stand. Happy Days!
PUSB

It seems to me they're just trying to price out the Chavs.

David O'Day

It doesn’t bode well for for match day prices on single tickets. Crowds will fall away if it’s too expensive and for sure if the team are not performing.
Surely with the boxes , it should have gone £15,000, £20,000 then £25,000 in successive seasons whilst improving the quality at the same time ?
why shouldn't we charge what appears to be a fair rate for a team at our level.

Not doing so is just going reduce potential revenue that could be spent on the playing side of the club

Ashdown

Where does this appear ? What are the comparisons ?
You could increase revenue or you could decrease it just as quickly if people walk away.

fernandopartridge

The comparisons with other Championship prices are a little misconceived, it's not a market whereby you're competing for business so the baseline price is the current one. To put that up so significantly is just silly, bad business practice and dare I say the sort of thing Wasps would do.

Sky Blue Harry H

Getting bored with this to be honest. Whatever pricing scheme had been set (unless it was dirt cheap) and some will always feel hard done by. If he had set them a lot lower, people would also have pointed out that he wasn't maximising revenue for the club. it's a no win situation imo. If he sells the corporate boxes, he's done the right thing. If he ends up not shifting some of them, he may well tweak the pricing in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread