Bradford City Match Thread (3 Viewers)

valiant15

The other stuff relates to old threads which I cannot be arsed to bring up again.

I don't see anyone claiming that we're billy big bollocks, but I think it is perfectly legitimate to criticise a team that plays that way. But hey, it made for a good game of football in the end so am not going to cry about it. Gutted we conceded so late, but they I am sure you are too. It's funny though, I've seen a lot of neutrals criticise the way they played today, and yet if a City fans says it they get shot down by their own supporters. Nothing changes.

Yes im gutted but not as gutted as i would of been a last season.

ecky

The other stuff relates to old threads which I cannot be arsed to bring up again.

I don't see anyone claiming that we're billy big bollocks, but I think it is perfectly legitimate to criticise a team that plays that way. But hey, it made for a good game of football in the end so am not going to cry about it. Gutted we conceded so late, but they I am sure you are too. It's funny though, I've seen a lot of neutrals criticise the way they played today, and yet if a City fans says it they get shot down by their own supporters. Nothing changes.

Get used to valiant15 he never has anything constructive to say...that means positive valiant....or good...understand?

Covstu

personally I blame Thomas for backheeling it to keep it in play?

oh FFS, so Clarke handballing it had nothing to do with it!!?? They are a young side who made many mistakes today, part and parcel of the learning curve so lets not get the hate mob out on him please!

Stevearcade

Watched the match on TV. Apart from our dodgy defending that conceded two goals, we were brilliant I thought. So much enthusiasm, pace and grace. Some nice football played on the ground, tactical and smart. Dodgy ref decisions, although that hand ball at the end clearly was a hand ball. We should have had a penalty earlier though. And some of the yellow cards dished out were a joke!

Presley's summary of the game in his statement on the CCFC website sums it up really nicely. Bradford's football was in the dark ages. Ref decisions were crap. At least we're still unbeaten and if we keep playing like this, we'll do very well this season. We deserved a win and were very unlucky to draw.

All in all, Cov are a very exciting team to support right now and every game I've seen has been so exciting. Not like in recent times. Ok we didn't win today, but things bode well for the future I reckon.

valiant15

Get used to valiant15 he never has anything constructive to say...that means positive valiant....or good...understand?

Ill have plenty of positive things to say when the thieves return our club to the Ricoh.

Weve got a good young team. This is the only positive this season.

Unless you think playing 35 miles away is a positive?

ecky

Ill have plenty of positive things to say when the thieves return our club to the Ricoh.

No i agree, but we all need to stick together and act as one voice.......

Covstu

nope, we have a great manager also.

Chinny_Hill

I love this hoofball stuff. It's for each manager to have their own approach. Part of what makes the game interesting is the clash of styles (as with most sports incidentally) if everyone played the same it would become very tedious. FWIW I like our brand of football, and as a nation our style of football has been coming off second best for a while now, so there is no harm in us trying to play with the tactics that we do. You can look at the Celtic Barcelona as an example of clashing styles and proof that no one approach guarantees success, but I have a hunch that ours will overcome a good number of the teams in this division and (god willing) even the next, and the entertainment is a bonus....it doesn't give us a right to question other teams tactics....

Bratfud

I love this hoofball stuff. It's for each manager to have their own approach. Part of what makes the game interesting is the clash of styles (as with most sports incidentally) if everyone played the same it would become very tedious. FWIW I like our brand of football, and as a nation our style of football has been coming off second best for a while now, so there is no harm in us trying to play with the tactics that we do. You can look at the Celtic Barcelona as an example of clashing styles and proof that no one approach guarantees success, but I have a hunch that ours will overcome a good number of the teams in this division and (god willing) even the next, and the entertainment is a bonus....it doesn't give us a right to question other teams tactics....

Cracking post, we've only just come up from League 2 for gods sake and enjoying every minute of it! Why not play to your strengths and from where I was sat we did mix it up, I think the comments on here about Reid show that we're not one dimensional.

Just watched Pressley's post match interview back. How he kept his cool with that ejit of a man in the background sarcastically clapping is both beyond me, but also a credit to the man he is!

I've just said on another thread that it's not Parkinson clapping and it's disappointing that your manager makes out that it is. It's the fans in the executive boxes clapping Parkinson as he's coming out for his interview.

what's with all the sour grapes here tonight? yes we were the better team and deserved to win but we didn't so can feel very unfortunate. no need to slag the other teamoff for how we've been playing for years. anyway wasnt our 3rd a hoof up to Wilson anyway?

Did you see it? A pass up the wing, DEFENDER in front of wilson, a bit of skill what a goal, not hoof football. Shame it was on the telly, all the big clubs can see the skill he has now.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I've just said on another thread that it's not Parkinson clapping and it's disappointing that your manager makes out that it is. It's the fans in the executive boxes clapping Parkinson as he's coming out for his interview.

Why would he make it up? You've got to admit, Parkinson's ego is inflated, and it strikes me as something he would do.

Why would he make it up? You've got to admit, Parkinson's ego is inflated, and it strikes me as something he would do.

I don't know why he'd make it up but he did. I was still in the ground at that point and you can even hear that it's multiple people clapping and somebody says "well done Phil mate" Pressley was sat with his back to Parkinson at that point so probably saw him walk past and then assumed that's what the applause related to.

Sky Blue Pete

Oh bugger off. How pissed off would you be if you had conceded a last minute penalty and then the opposing manager had offended you

letsallsingtogether

Yes not a bad day until outside the Ground we are all boarding the coach when one of there Coward supporters side swipes on of our lads 5 then pile into him and break his glasses. they then run away and we get charged by the Police. Fucking Cowards.
Fucking disgrace at least they arrested the culprit after we refused to leave until we had justice they let him go at first but could see that we were serious.

We are just standing there and then they start and their police blame us? first trouble I've seen in years.

Steve.B50

Could have got nasty when we all got off the bus, it was very frustrating that the police ran past the cowardly culprits and got there batons out to us rather than the group who attacked the lad.
Then another Bradford fan started on us and the police did nothing, it was a good job PC Mapp was around to calm the situation.
It was a shame as it ruined a good away day.

Steve.B50

On another note, I thought the Brasford fans got behind there team well and it was a good noisy ground, good to see decent home support.

Could have got nasty when we all got off the bus, it was very frustrating that the police ran past the cowardly culprits and got there batons out to us rather than the group who attacked the lad.
Then another Bradford fan started on us and the police did nothing, it was a good job PC Mapp was around to calm the situation.
It was a shame as it ruined a good away day.

Sorry about any trouble that happened after the game, unfortunately we do have a scummy minority within our support and the right minded fans and the club themselves are trying to stamp it out.

ajsccfc

Yeah, that's a very misleading shot. That's not Adams making contact below the guy's knee, that would have been endlessly replayed and whined about if he did that.

hx3bantam

Just joined to say well played yesterday. A great advert for the division, I thought. You do play some lovely stuff at times. The criticism of Parkinson is ridiculous though and Pressley needs to learn to deal with it more professionally as there's far better wind up merchants than Parky in this league. Evans and Moore for starters! One sour note from me was Baker's "celebration" in front of the Family Section. Doesn't Pressley consider him telling women and young kids to "F**k off!" far more distasteful than a bit of banter with Parkinson? I know I do! An absolute grub of a man.
All the best for the rest of the season and hopefully they'll throw the book at the coward who cheap-shotted one of your lads after the game.

Monners

Just joined to say well played yesterday. A great advert for the division, I thought. You do play some lovely stuff at times. The criticism of Parkinson is ridiculous though and Pressley needs to learn to deal with it more professionally as there's far better wind up merchants than Parky in this league. Evans and Moore for starters! One sour note from me was Baker's "celebration" in front of the Family Section. Doesn't Pressley consider him telling women and young kids to "F**k off!" far more distasteful than a bit of banter with Parkinson? I know I do! An absolute grub of a man.
All the best for the rest of the season and hopefully they'll throw the book at the coward who cheap-shotted one of your lads after the game.

If Baker did as you said the he ought to apologise. However, before you condemn as a "grub" yuo should look into some of his fmily history re his brothers', and how well reguarded he is by the family of a young Cov fan who recently lost his battle with the same illness that Baker's fmily have had to cope with. The problem with coming onto someone else's forum to have a pop at someone is that you will be unllikely to know as much about their club as the fans. Anyway, it seems that our respective managers have sorted out their differneces and moved on. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Grendel

If Baker did as you said the he ought to apologise. However, before you condemn as a "grub" yuo should look into some of his fmily history re his brothers', and how well reguarded he is by the family of a young Cov fan who recently lost his battle with the same illness that Baker's fmily have had to cope with. The problem with coming onto someone else's forum to have a pop at someone is that you will be unllikely to know as much about their club as the fans. Anyway, it seems that our respective managers have sorted out their differneces and moved on. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I think a lot on here will not have been able to name the Bradford manager before yesterday. Now they seem to know all about his character and football culture.

valiant15

His personal life has nothing to do with telling opposing fans to fuck off though does it?

WillieStanley

Leon Clarke did the same at the JSB stand when he scored his penalty against us last season. I've forgiven him now, though.

I don't think it's right, jeering at opposition fans, family stand or not. It should be bookable imho, but refs seem to turn a blind eye. It's potentially infighting trouble!!

ajsccfc

The Telegraph have got in on the whole 'sore neck from long ball lol' stuff. It's a little embarrassing to hear people whine about Bradford's style as if what they're doing doesn't count. It worked and we didn't beat it, so let's flick the chips off our shoulders and get on with it.

saltaire bantam

The Telegraph have got in on the whole 'sore neck from long ball lol' stuff. It's a little embarrassing to hear people whine about Bradford's style as if what they're doing doesn't count. It worked and we didn't beat it, so let's flick the chips off our shoulders and get on with it.

Absolutely, PP has said he had you watched and knew you wouldn't be able to cope with Hanson, we were certainly direct but much more than normal in the 2nd half. It worked = it's sour grapes. Tbh you should be looking at SP, it's not as if Hanson is unknown, personnel wise you couldn't combat him but tactically you could have, but you didn't.

Monners

His personal life has nothing to do with telling opposing fans to fuck off though does it?

Which is why I said that if he did say that, then he should apologise. We all make mistakes, and I think Baker comes across as quite a rounded individual otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread