Bradford City Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Ashdown1

I thought the big lump was going off at one point, which would have been a big bonus for CCFC. Wouldn't mind having him on the bench though to throw on now and again when you need to 'rough' it up.

Macca

We have played shit football for seasons and the excuse was that it is the result that matters. Now we are Barcelona suddenly the tune has changed. I'd have taken an ugly 4 th goal but I take it the purists wouldn't?

ccfc92

Because I called it what it is, bog standard British 4-4-2, you keep calling it hoofball which is what pubs play. The ball is manouvred out wide to an out and out winger (Reid) then moved onto Hanson asap. I'ts not my preferred style, far from it, but (gain) Hanson is virtually unplayable, and with Wells, it works. I am disappointed we didn't buy better"footballers" in the summer, but it's obviously PP's preferred style, and like CCFC said, I only expect it to work for so long. The game is up once Hanson or Wells leaves.

sorry, but what goal was wing play? :facepalm:

Astute

No, that is not true. If you were top of the league playing like Bradford City you'd be happy as a pig in shit. Football fans are all the same.

Wrong. We had Hoofroid as manager. We complained of having a stiff neck all the time playing like your team does. It worked well for half a season until teams worked out how to beat us. We then went into freefall. We now have what we have asked for. Never want my team to play like that again.

SkyblueBazza

Oh - so if we played like that & won L1...& everything else right up to the Champions League - YOU would be ashamed? I think you'll be sitting in the corner on your own with the Dunce's Cap on on this "big fella"

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm sure none of us were moaning when we were 4th under Boothroyd, instead we were all talking about what a tough, effective side we were at the time.

Shane MacGowen

Oh - so if we played like that & won L1...& everything else right up to the Champions League - YOU would be ashamed? I think you'll be sitting in the corner on your own with the Dunce's Cap on on this "big fella"

Earth to Dazza, come in your time is up.

Have a word fella, have a word.

Astute

Name just one recent manager that has been successful playing hoofball?

saltaire bantam

Wrong. We had Hoofroid as manager. We complained of having a stiff neck all the time playing like your team does. It worked well for half a season until teams worked out how to beat us. We then went into freefall. We now have what we have asked for. Never want my team to play like that again.

I don't think Coventry fans are any different to any others. You are kidding yourself, if you were bottom 3 in March and offered PP and Hanson to guarantee safety, you'd all go for it! I see Bristol City fans and Sheff United fans were all happy to see the back of direct managers to be replaced by patient passing football new ones. That happiness lasted approximately 3 months! Before the fans couldn't give toss about style, they just want some wins.

Football fans eh? All the same............

ccfc92

I don't think Coventry fans are any different to any others. You are kidding yourself, if you were bottom 3 in March and offered PP and Hanson to guarantee safety, you'd all go for it! I see Bristol City fans and Sheff United fans were all happy to see the back of direct managers to be replaced by patient passing football new ones. That happiness lasted approximately 3 months! Before the fans couldn't give toss about style, they just want some wins.

Pressley has installed on the floor, passing football. When we are 1-1 with 5mins to go, sometimes we beg for a bit of hoofball agreed, but generally I'd rather see CCFC playing decent football, than hit n hope and still lose

Astute

We have had shit for many years. Going for safety maybe. We are Coventry. We are used to going for safety at the end of the season. But the only time we have done anything good is when we have kept the ball on the floor.

I am not getting my hopes up because we have got over losing 10 points at the start of the season and are catching the teams up near the playoffs. Not because we recently got a draw at Wolves then beat Orient the next game. It is because we keep hold of the ball and have two good strikers. Our sort of play don't go on many bad runs. Kick and rush types go on bad runs when luck runs out. How have you been doing recently?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, as long as the team are winning the majority of football fans don't care about the style. I think the bigger picture is that long ball will rarely be successful over a sustained period of time

ccfc92

We have had shit for many years. Going for safety maybe. We are Coventry. We are used to going for safety at the end of the season. But the only time we have done anything good is when we have kept the ball on the floor.

I am not getting my hopes up because we have got over losing 10 points at the start of the season and are catching the teams up near the playoffs. Not because we recently got a draw at Wolves then beat Orient the next game. It is because we keep hold of the ball and have two good strikers. Our sort of play don't go on many bad runs. Kick and rush types go on bad runs when luck runs out. How have you been doing recently?

Brilliant :claping hands: :D

Skyblue4u

what's with all the sour grapes here tonight? yes we were the better team and deserved to win but we didn't so can feel very unfortunate. no need to slag the other teamoff for how we've been playing for years. anyway wasnt our 3rd a hoof up to Wilson anyway?

saltaire bantam

I agree, as long as the team are winning the majority of football fans don't care about the style. I think the bigger picture is that long ball will rarely be successful over a sustained period of time

I agree. But he got up promoted with it after several long seasons in L2, who's going to complain? Of course, his time will be up one day and Bradford City fans will be holding up his "direct" style as "proof" of his uselessness as we boo him out of the door. Forgetting all about promotions and cup final, and the style that achieved them as we search around for a manager who plays the "right"way. And so the circle starts turning again. Bradford City fans are no different either. :D

PS We have just come from L2, I saw over 20 teams promoted whilst we were down there, I can only think of MK Dons (Ince) and Rochdale (Keith Hill) who used anything other than a bog standard and very direct 4-4-2.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Bradford playing to their strengths is the obvious thing to do, it's not indecent or shameful unless the rules of football were subtly changed in the last few days.

Shane MacGowen

I agree. But he got up promoted with it after several long seasons in L2, who's going to complain? Of course, his time will be up one day and Bradford City fans will be holding up his "direct" style as "proof" of his uselessness as we boo him out of the door. Forgetting all about promotions and cup final, and the style that achieved them as we search around for a manager who plays the "right"way. And so the circle starts turning again. Bradford City fans are no different either. :D

If you tolerate stone age hoof ball then you will get all you deserve.

All your hoof ball got you was a spawny pen that you celebrate like you had just won the world cup, fa cup and shagged a supermodel at the same time.

I cringed.

Astute

what's with all the sour grapes here tonight? yes we were the better team and deserved to win but we didn't so can feel very unfortunate. no need to slag the other teamoff for how we've been playing for years. anyway wasnt our 3rd a hoof up to Wilson anyway?

Sour grapes?

So next time someone tells me I would be happy to play hoofball again we should all hope we get rid of Elvis and try to bring back Hoofroid from Northampton. After all his side are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread